Kabanata 13

The Slayer

It was dark..

But tiny specs of light was above her like stars flickering in the night sky..

Yeah.. Probably stars..

Why is there stars in my room?

No.. She want in her room. She was in the field and she could feel the wind hit her body, so she hugged herself, warming her body with he own heat. She felt cold.

Where am I?

She heard laughters and a girl crying, pleading for her dear life..

"Please.. Please.. Dont hurt me.. Dont kill me, Im begging you.." The owner of the voice just ran across her and she could see the black figures trailing behind her.

The girl was no one she knew but she followed her, affraid that those men who follows her would hurt her, so she run too, only few feets behind the girl.

"Please.. Someone.. Save me.." The girl was still beggin for someone to came, to save her.. To stop those men from hurting her but no one came.

She stopped when she felt something just went straight through her body. Like a vast gaseous form have passed through her. She felt weird so she stopped and just stood there, not knowing what happened. She heard the girl cried out lout... "Ssssssssave meeeeeeeeeeeee.." 

She saw the others came and took each of their bite on the girl's body parts. One on the neck and the two were latching on both her wrists..

"He-help m-me..." The girl muttered, reaching out her hand to her. But she was so afraid, she was trembling as she stood there and stared at the girl till she saw the latter lost the glow in her eyes and her last breathe escaped .. Then there was nothing but the sound of the wind, the rustling sound that came from the plants as it hits their body while they were busy devouring the poor girl stopped. She could see blood trickling down the three men's mouth... She saw them stood up and wiped their faces...

She took a step back as all their eyes were fixed on hers.. Fear engulped her as she saw one of them smirked and walked straight towards her and stopped just infront of her, leaned down to her ears and said..

"You will share the same fate as her."

 

***************************************************

 

 

Her eyes shot open, beads of sweats have formed on her forehead. "Oh my god." She backed away, pulling her pillows with her as she saw two pairs of eyes so close to her face. "God Jess, you scared me."

"You scared me.." That made Jessica wonder.. She scared her sister but how? What happened.

"You were screaming.. Yelling and crying in your dream.." Jessica said, reachng over to wipe her sister's sweats away.

"What time is it?"

"3 am."

"Can you sleep here with me? I...Im.." Jessica didnt let her sister finished her sentence, she climbed on the bed and covered herself with her sister's blanket.

"Come here.." Jessica invited Krystal in her arms whic the latter gladly accepted. 

"So, are you going to tell me what youve dreamt of?" Jessica heard snores indicating her sister had fallen as sleep as soon she felt safe in her arms.

"I guess I'll just ask her later." And with that Jessica closed her eyes and waited for her own self to sleep.

 

 

 

*******************************************

 

The whole day Krystal was restless, she cant get her dream out of her head. She's not really the type who gets bothered easily with her dreams since she knew from her psychology class that dreams were just a scene made by your subconcious mind that either you thought of before you sleep or you want to do some time in your life.. Either way its something that your mind came up with.

But that dream was different. Krystal tried to convince herself not to worry but everytime she's left alone thinking to herself, she could hear the girl's voice echoe inside her head and the face of the man keeps popping out in her mind. She cant help not to think that it was real or a premonition perhaps.

"You will share the same fate as her." She mumbled a littl audibly that Sehun heard her but fortunately the boy didnt caught her words exactly. "You said something?"

"No.. No. nothing.. I was just talking to myself."

Sehun stood up and went behind her chair. "Youve been so tense the whole day Krystal. Why? Something bad happened?" the boy asked while massaging her shoulder.

"No.. its just.. Do you guys believe in premonitions?" She felt embarrassed for asking such weird question but too late, she already voiced out her thoughts.

"Why?" Luhan asked as he took his chair and sat right in front of Krystal's desk.

"Nothing in particular. Do you guys think a dream can be a premonition?"

"I guess so.." Sehun chimed.

"Premonition can actually be a dream since its like a forewarning and foreseeing something that can happen in the future." Luhan said tapping his hand on his chin. "You know.Like Dejavu.. There were times that you'll just say 'This already happened before' or 'I feel like Ive been here or seen this or that' most likely those things happened in our dreams already and since our human brains tends to forgot our dreams as soon as we wake up so only the feeling of Dejavu remained. Can you follow me?"

"Yeah sort of.. So you mean this premonition had a 100 percent chance of happening?"

"That I dont know since every decision human makes results in different outcomes. So maybe a 50 percent chance? Cant really tell.."

"So youre asking a lot about premonition, did you have one?" Sehun asked but I hesitated to tell them the truth..Cause even I myself cant understand my own dream.

"Dont worry, everyone has premonitions.. Everyone does.." Now Im confused, normal humans have premonitions? I thought its just something supernatural beings only possess? Ohh now I believe in supernatural beings.. Great..

"Its just like how you percept a danger coming or an event thats going to happen in the future. Like youre going to fail the exam tomorrow cause you know you didnt review your lesson. Or the feeling that you know youre going to fall from the stairs.. Sort of like that.. Yeah." Luhan nodded.

"Its okay if you dont want to tell us, its probably something girly anyways.. I dont want to hear any wet dreams." Luhan laughed so hard as he saw my red face. 

"Yah.. Its not like that okay.." I defended..

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Whatever you say princess.." Luhan stood up, took his bag and strapped it on his shoulder. "Now lets go.. Mom's inviting you guys to dinner.."

"Really?" I asked. Auntie Oh always cook my favorite dishes whenever she invites my family for dinners, she's a great cook after my mom.

"Yeah. Now come on, we'll go to your house first." Sehun said, taking my bag and intertwining our fingers as we had out of our classroom.

 

 

******************************************

 

"Its already starting...."