Kabanata 5

The Slayer

Me, my Uncle and my sister have moved to my house the next day and good thing it was Sunday, I have no school and I helped them unpack.

Uncle Yunho took the master's bedroom when I refused to move there. My sister Jessica took the spare bedroom since she's not sure if I can sleep with someone in my bed which I dont actually mind sharing my bed with her because its big but since she had a weird sleeping habbit of turning 180 degrees she chose not to and insisted to take the smaller bedroom next to mine.

Jessica and I have a sister bonding while I was helping her unpack her bag. She really do have such a great taste with clothes. Its like she got all the limited editions of all sorts of clothes that you can only see some artists wearing. Ranging from the simplest to extravagant. She has all sorts of shirts and pants,  I cant really tell which is which since Im not really that fashionable. I wear what's simple and comfortable but I made it a point that I have my personal touch in it. That its me Im wearing and not some copy cat from the magazine. 

She has a lot of shoes too. But she admitted that she mostly wear snickers and the others when the occassion calls for it. Like when she arrived marching that leathery brown boots the day they came here. Its simple yet so fabulous. Thats her airport fashion, thats what she says.

We talk a lot about my school. What I major, my schedule, my teachers and my classmates, basically my life as a student. She said Sehun likes me but I just laughed it off. Those twins were like my brothers, its only natural for them to be so overprotective and concern about me, we literally grew up together even if we live at different direction of our street.

"Im telling you, the guy is in love with you." She said with a hint of teasing. "Oh yeah sure and Im in love with him." I joked and we both end up laughing. 

Its easier to laugh now since Uncle Yunho and Jessica came in my life after our parents' death. Though Jessica never really been with them, I can see sadness in her eyes whenever she looks at mom and dad's picture frames. 

"It mustve been hard for them too." She just hummed asking me what I was talking about so I continued. "Not being able to see you grow and mature. Im sure its painful for their part too being separated with you for years. And its just sad.. That now youre here with me, theyre gone... You havent even hugged them for years, or kiss their cheeks before you sleep." I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks and she's tearing up too. "Its just so unfair..so unfair.." Now I totally lost it and end up crying in my sister's arms.

She didnt say anything but let me cry in her shoulders. I just felt sorry for her that its because of me why she was taken away from us. It was actually my fault yet she never showed me any bitterness. She still treats me like I was that four year old kid who knows her and loves her.

As if she was reading my mind she said assuringly, "Nothing is your fault here Krys.. Things happened cause they are bound to happen. What ever reasons lies behind them, it may happen soon or later, but it'll happen eventually and then you'll see after what's in it for you and for everyone who's just in the same circle as you. So dont blame yourself for losing your memory, its an accident. Im totally cool with it and Im just so happy right now that Im with you finally. Im pretty sure mom and dad's happy for us too. Wherever they are." She ended her monologue with a pat on my head and a squeeze on my chin.

"Now come on, lets help Uncle Yunho, he may look so neat but he's actually the opposite with his things." She said smiling at me. There's just something with her smile that warms my whole being. As if a beam of happiness is radiating from her and she's sharing it to me whenever she smiles.

Oh and she's right. Our Uncle is such a messy person. For his age, my parents room became a 5 year-old kid boy's bedroom. Clothes spattered on the bed, hanged on the stools and more clothes dangling along the open cabinets and drawers.

"Do you guys have maid or something? Or Uncle Yunho lives in a dumpster?" Jessica laughed at that and started pickin up where Uncle Yunho left off, folding his clothes and stacking them, I just dont kow if what he did first, Im sure he stack them first before folding and throwing inside the cabinet and drawers. 

I took the clothes hanging by the stool on the study table and my attention caught something laying on top of the table. A dragon ring. I was startled when I heard Uncle Yunho's voice.

"That my dear is our family's heirloom. The dragon.." He walked over and took it from my hands.. Thats Odd, I dont remember picking the ring up.

"The very symbol of Bravery, Compassion and Humility. We pass it on to whoever that deserves the ring's recognition but for the time being its currently under my possession."

"But how did you know if the person deserves the ring?" Uncle Yunho just smiled and slid the ring on his finger.

"We just know.. So I see you two have come to help me." He then turn his back on me and patted Jessica's shoulder, she look so tense. But why?

"Ohh sorry. Uncle Yunho gives me the creeps when he's talking about the heirloom like its some kind of a sacred thing for the family." Jessica said smiling at me. There goes the warm and fuzzy feeling again that makes me smiled back at her everytime.

"Well, it is our family's sacred possession." I said making my point.

"And thats exactly why youre my favorite niece now..." Uncle Yunho said as he carefully and cutely ruffled my hair.