Kabanata 14

The Slayer

"Maybe I should go back and ask her to lend her phone so I can call home? But Im already halfway out of their apartment. Aisshh Jessica will surely get mad this time." I mumbled to myself. Its already 7 in the evening and Im just on my way home, I just finished doing another group project in my classmate's apartment near the school and have promised my sister to call her once Im done but my stupid cellphone just happened to ran out of battery right after I left the apartment. Just great.

I tuned right before the school's corner, there's some short cut here where me and the twin's usually take whenever we feel like walking home. It was dark since the alleyway has no lightposts but some light were illuminating the way.. And I was thinking twice if I should continue on the road or just go the other way..

Suddenly, I felt eerie... Not because Im walking alone in the midst of darkness but because I felt like someone is looking at me. This wasnt the first time I felt this way.. Even the previous days, I'd just feel like my hair on the neck straightened up and goosebumps will ran over my body and the feeling of someone staring at you from afar will crawl throughout my being. Even if Im inside my classroom, even when Im in the bathroom or clossed door room, I felt like Im exposed and eyes were feasting on me. Thats exactly what Im feeling right now..

At first I thought it was the mysterious man, but then it feels like a its not just a pair of eyes whose observing my every actions.. but a lot. 

I turned my head left and right, even truned to look at my back just to make sure I am alone.. To be honest, I'd rather be alone in this dark alleyway atleast I know nothing will happen to me than have someone traversing the road with who I dont know might have some ill intentions. You cant really tell whose good and whose not nowadays.

I was startled when suddenly a cat jumped infront of me and hissed before she ran away.. Thats odd.. Mostly cats love me.. 

I head on and contined walking when suddenly a body bumped into me, makin us both fell on the ground.

"Yah.. Please watch were youre---" The person who I found out was a girl didnt let me continue my words as she have pulled me with her.

I tried pulling back my hand but she was gripping it so hard and then I realized her hand was trembling and cold. And she was sort of sobbing..

"Hey.. Whats wrong..?" I asked her, keeping up my phase with her steps.

"Ohh you brought a friend..How nice of you." A man suddenly blocked our way. I dont know how he came from.

"P-please l-leave us a-alone.." The girl said. The girl doesnt seem to know any of them and I could hear fear on her voice. Are we in danger? I asked myself as I tried to look at the man's face and what triggered the fear inside me was the pointed canine teeth of the man. It was abnormally long and pointed like fangs.. Yes.. It seems like fangs...

"Too bad.. I'm hungry." And with that the man jump on the girl and the grip on my hand loosened and my instict told me to run as fast as I can and so i did. I ran and ran till I can see the walls of the school. My heart was beating so fast and my head was throbbing so hard as if both will explode anytime soon.. but I didnt care.. I need to get out of the place or that man with fangs will get me after he's done with the girl.. But before I could take a turn I bumped into someone's body. Afraid that it was the man, I flailed my arms and tried hitting the body that was holding me.

"Hey wait.. Wait.."

"Ahh no.. No.. Please dont hurt me.."

I stopped as I realized the person wasnt trying to hurt me but instead was hugging me.. I raised my head to see who it was and was relieved that it was Amber.. I closed in and let her hugged me as I hugged back.. 

"Amber....." I was able to say before my knees got weak and my head started to spin around.. "Am-ber...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Finally, youre awake now. God you scared the hell out of me when you fainted earlier.. What happened?" Amber  said in one go while helping me sit up.

"I fainted again?" She just nodded.

"So are you going to tell me what happened back there? You were screaming like Im going to hurt you or something.." Amber handed me a a glass of water..

"Where are we?"

"My apartment. Though this isnt what i actually had in mind when I take you here but.. Yeah.. this is my home.."

"So what happened?" She asked again, tucking hair strands behind my ear.

"There's this man with fangs.. He attacked this girl thats how I escaped.. and the man said he's hungry.. he's really got this long fangs.." I dont know if I''m making sense but looking at Amber's reaction she doesnt get it either.

"Im not following Krys.. Fangs? Fangs like two pointed teeth here?" She said revealing her teeth and raising her index fingers over her canine and bend it like fangs.

"Yeah.. just like that.."

"Are you sure.. I mean youre scared. You could probably see it wrong.." She reasoned out.

"No.. No.. I saw it.. Its real and its pointy .."

"Fangs like a wolfs fangs or a vampire fangs?"

"A vampire?"

"....." Amber didnt say anything but nodded her head.

"I know vampires are just urban legends and so are werwolves and demons.. But I know what I saw.. and it killed the girl.. Vampire or not.. A girl has been attacked"

"....."

"You believe me right, Amber?"

She smiled and patted my head. "Ofcourse I do.. But we need to make sure about that first, so Im going to report the incident to the police now and tomorow we'll know if they saw that girl's body..Okay?"

I nodded and started roaming my eyes on the small studio type apartment. It wasnt really that big but for a single person, it's just perfect and the whole apartment just screams Amber's personality.. I dont know but somehow, even though i dont know anything about Amber yet, being inside her apartment made me know a little about her. Like how she likes music and books. Now Im thinking that Amber's real personality is plain yet mysterious, her apartment just said so. I mean.. Just like the saying goes, The thing you owns defines you..

"So, how about I take you home now, your family must be worried sick looking for you." She was just done talking on her phone 

"Ohh right right." I said as I pushed myself off her bed.

 

 

"Thanks for helping and walking me home Amber.." I said as we wer just a couple of feet away from my house.

"Nah.. Its okay.. Teacher's duty.. and besides I wont forgive myself if something happen to you before two months ended."She said with her naughty smile plastered on her lips.

'You just want to get inside my pants." I said shoving her by her shoulders and thats exactly when my sister went out of our door.

"Krystal.. What happened? Why are you late? Why didnt you called and who's he?" Jessica already bombarded me with question with her hand on her waist and the other pointing at Amber..

"She's my History Professor."

"I dont believe you.. You promised Krystal.."

"I know Jess.." I turned to Amber who just smiled. "Sorry.. My sister's kinda overprotective."

"She's just my teacher Jess.. My teacher and she offered to walk me home so be thankful.." With that Jessica's face softened.

"Thank you.." That sounded like it came from her nose. "But I dont like him. Now come inside. You made us worried." Jessica went back inside the house.

"He's a She." I yelled and turned to Amber. "Sorry.." 

"Nah... Its okay.. I have a big brother too and he's more way overprotective than your sister, believe me.. So I know..." She consoled me. "So.. Then Im off.." She said patting my head.

"I want to kiss you so badly but you just introduced me as your teacher to your sister so I guess doing that will only make her dislike me more. So I better not." 

I watched her retreating back beforegoing inside the house and when I was left alone in my bedroom, thoughts of the events that happened earlier flooded my mind.

Fangs..

Men with fangs..

Vampires..

My dream..

I cant help not to think that my dream is indeed some sort of premonition..

"You will share the same fate as the girl."

Will I die too?