Kabanata 65

The Slayer

“A pendulum?” Luhan, who was closest to Luna asked as he saw clearly what Luna pulled out from her pouch. It was a shiny cylindrical crystal that was pointed at one end and is suspended by a thin black rope; and by the looks of it, it seems like a necklace. A very weird and creepy necklace, Luhan thought.

“This will help us find Krystal.” Luna proudly answered.

“Damn it Luna, you could’ve told us that earlier.” Sehun blurted out in his frustration. He and everyone else had been worried dead since Amber took Krystal then suddenly they’ll find out that the only witch with them has a way to look for Krystal, they would’ve found the girl sooner.

“Well, sorry wolfie boy, I just remembered now.” Luna said as she walked towards the center of the room and asked Yunho for a map which the eldest man in the room willingly complied with; placing the map on the floor where Luna knelt in front of it while the others encircled around her.

The young witch girl started chanting words than none of the others can understand. The pendulum then started moving in circles; slow at first then it became faster; swirling an inch away above the map.

“So? Where’s Krystal?” Sehun impatiently asked as Luna opened her eyes.

“Do you have a bigger map Uncle Yunho?” The witched asked which made everyone contorted their faces in confusion.

‘Why Luna?”

“I cant seem to find Krystal in Korea, Im wondering if she’s in another country or she’s not here in our dimension…” Luna explained, although she’s not really sure. Krystal can be anywhere, in another country or another dimension; depends on whether where Amber and Lucifer decided to take her, that is.

“What do you mean dimension?” It was the only human in the group asked.

“Well, every demon has its own dimension, galaxy and timeline. I would want to explain much further but we’re kind of in the middle of something more important than that, so we’ll skip that part.” Luna offered Luhan a smiled when a hue of bright pink appeared on the boy’s cheeks.

“We dont have any other map, but we have a globe.” Jessica said, not waiting for the bubbly witch to answer as she took off to Krystal’s room; remembering that her sister owns one that she uses in her history class.

“You might want to start now Luna..  We’re all surrounded by demons now and I think theyre just waiting for your magic to wear off.” Jay who was carefully looking out of the window through the curtain warned as he saw all different kinds of demons waiting for the right moment to slaughter them.

“Right, on it..” And Luna performed her ritual but this time, the pendulum is encircling a globe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sometime in 1140’s.

It was the night before Eunyoung’s 21st birthday, the day that she’ll become an immortal; a vampire. As much as to EunHo and EunHae’s delight was the boyish girl’s grief over her short-lived humanity. There’s so many thing she wanted to do, wanted to see and people she wanted to meet, but she cant do that anymore not when everyone in her town will now remember her as the girl who died in a mysterious disease; just like what they said when they turned Sooyoung 2 months ago.

Although she can still do it as an undying blood monster, the thought of seeing everybody grow old and die before her and the world she had come to live in will eventually change makes her sad. She even once asked her brother if living forever is a pleasant thing and as an easy-going man that he is, he said immortality was the best thing that ever happened to him. He got to do a lot of things without getting old, getting sick and dying; powers was just a bonus for him. Its quite appealing but for a a simple minded and grounded person such as herself, living forever is a curse for Eunyoung, a curse she had to embrace with arms wide open.

Her only dream was to have a satisfying and contenting life but as a vampire who’s always craving for blood and a lifestyle that revolves around unsatisfactory hunger for violence, she’s finding it hard to believe that she’ll ever be happy being a vampire.

“Arghhh” Eunyoung twisted and top of her bed as she was awaken by unbearable body pain. It was as if all the tissue in her muscle was being stretched and tied in a knot. Fingers’ clawing into bed sheets, Eunyoung tried to keep still. She doesn’t exactly know what she’s supposed to do, Eunho and Eunhae both didn’t know how does it work on a living person, not to mention a half angel to turn into a vampire while her heart is still beating. So yes, Eunyoung doesn’t have any idea what she’s about to experience or if she’s ever going to live right after cause if one asks her, she thinks she’s going to die soon.

Her heart beat rate increased tenfold, as if any second now, her heart would burst out of her ribcage. Her bones were cracking simultaneously and she thinks she might be having internal hemorrhage.  Ohh she’s going to die really soon, really really soon.

“Make it stop.. Please, make it stop.” Eunyoung pleaded as she saw her parents and brother a few feet from her bed.

Sooyoung enveloped her in her arms and said, “It’ll pass Eunyoung. Just bear with it more.”

“Dad, what are we supposed to do?” Eunhae who couldn’t bear the pain that he’s seeing her sister experiencing, asked in deep worried.

“I don’t know son, I don’t know.”

“W-who are you?” They all turned to Eunyoung who suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

“Oh my god, she’s having an amnesia?” That earned Eunhae a slap on his head by her father. “She’s talking to someone, look..” And the young vampire examined her sister carefully and true to her father’s words, Eunyoung does seem like she’s talking to someone, only,  they cannot see who.

At the other side of Eunyoung’s bed was Lucifer standing with his hands extended for her to take. “Im your real father.”

“Father?”

Lucifer nodded. “Yes, and Im here to help you with your transition.”

“You are?” And that’s when Eunyoung realized she hasn’t been opening to speak yet she can hear her and the man’s voice so clearly.

“This is all I can do for you my dear daughter, for Im still in a different world. So please, let me help you.” Lucifer insisted for Eunyoung to take his hand, and she did.

Sooyoung suddenly was sent flying across the room as if she had been hit by some strange and powerful energy that came from her daughter; luckily, Eunho was quick to catch her even before she hit the wall.

“She’s talking to him, isn’t she?” Eunho nodded. Although he still has some grudges over what Lucifer did to her first family and to Sooyoung, he cannot still find himself mad at his creator.  As a good man that he is, he looks at things at a very positive perspective, so he can only see the silver lining after the storm and he’s holding it right now so to speak.

“I think he’s in his incorporeal form again that’s why we cant see him.” And Sooyoung cringed as she once again reminded of that night she had been magically abused.

“Eunhae, take your Auntie away.” And when Eunhae was about to refuse as the young vampire wanted to see how Eunyoung will change, Eunho changed his tone; firmer and more authoritative than ever, “Take her now EunHae.” His son obliged, carrying his step mother and in a flash, they were gone out the room.

“Wake up now my dear daughter… Let the world know that youre already here.” Lucifer’s voice echoed inside the room and this time, Eunho heard it.

Black wings emerged from Eunyoung’s back, and as it spread widely, her body was slowly leaving the bed till she was levitating in the air. She opened her eyes and Eunho blinked twice; checking if she’s really seeing it correctly.

Eunyoung’s eyes are red, like blood.

“Im awake now, father.”