Kabanata 44

The Slayer

"Youre punching like a girl Krystal.." Jay yelled as he had thrown another punch wich luckily her future sister-in-law dodged at.

"Thats because I am one. God Jay. Can we atleast have a break first." Krystal whined as she threw a kick at her mentor.

"Demons dont rest and neither they care what your gender is. Right hook. Okay. Now jab." Jay instructed. Him and Krystal stayed for a night session right after Yunho picked the girl up from school.

"Just think about your boyfriend cheating on you. Like how you'd give him a good beating." 

"Seriously?"

"Well, that works all the time. Now focus." Krystal didnt notice Jay's punch and it landed right square on her cheeks.

"Damn it Jay."

"Demons wont restrict themselves Krystal. Its either you die or you kill them. Now try to hit me harder."

The two had been sweating furiously with their unending training when Krystal tensed up, she can feel a demon just right outside the door.

"Jay, we've got company." She said in a low voice before hiding behind his back.

"Wait here, I'll go check." 

"Jay.. Damn it." Krystal cowered as soon as Jay vanished in front of her. She felt scared, this wont be the first time she's been attacked but still she's scared, she's still helpless, no powers to use against her enemies and her fighting skills were not even near good yet. Yea sure she's got her families to protect her,but they cant be around her everytime, she need to learn how to fight on her own because someday, she'll need to fight on her own.

Krystal jerked when she heard the door opened.

"Its just your wolf friend." Jay said as he came in, trailing behind him was a gloomy-looking Sehun.

"Does this family really belongs to wolves den? Seriously." Jay blurted out, he walked to his shirt that was hanging on a chair not far from the sparring ring. "How can wolves imprint themselves to angels. This is just crazy."

"Imprint?" Krystal turned to look at Sehun who avoided to meet her eyes.

"Im leaving you two, make sure you take care of my sister in law wolfie or I'd snap your neck. Lock the door when youre done." Jay said before disappearing in front of them.

"Why are you here?" Krystal asked, pretending she was annoyed when she really felt happy that her friend had come to her, knowing that Sehun felt bad for acting such a grumpy kid this morning.

"I just want to say Sorry. Look, I know you know what I feel and I know its not mutual but Krys you cant just expect me to be okay with all these. I love you and knowing that youre loving someone else is just painful for me and not to mention she is a girl. Damn I lost you to a girl." Sehun pulled his hair out of annoyance but Krystal find it cute and had restrained herself not to smile.

Noticing that Krystal wont say anything, Sehun continued, "I'll try not to be jealous Krystal. I'd be a very understanding bestfriend which Ive always been for eternity, but please do promise me, when Im with you please dont be sweet with her, I.. I can hear your thoughts Krystal. I can feel what you feel."

"Wait what? You can what?"

"Its a part of the imprint. I.. I imprinted myself on you. Im your wolf Krystal."

"What?" Krystal asked again, not believing what's her bestfriend is saying. "You mean.."

"Yes Krystal.. Youre my other half."

 

 

 

 

*******************************************

 

 

"Father, the newborn's that Ive sent her failed to kill her."

"Does she have powers now?"

"No not yet father."

"Then how come she's still alive." The king's voice echoed inside the dark room, his son immediately bowed down in fear.

"Im sorry father, but someone saved her. I swear if I have to, I'd kill her myself."

"Im counting on you son. Lucifer would kill us if we wont get the revenge he deserves."

 

 

 

*********************************************

 

 

 

"Yuri." The wolf girl turned around to her brother walking towards her. "Why are you here?" She scoffed.

"Woah relax, im here as your brother and not as your Alpha." He paused as he layed his arms over her sister's shoulders.

"The vampires are forming their herds and they could attack anytime. And I think some of our distant relatives are going to join them. DO you really think you can keep them alive Yul?"

"Are you asking as my brother, or as an Alpha?"

"Both."

"Are you gong to let them kill me?"

"No. But I cant let the slayer live either. I wont kill your angel but I cant promise that I wont hurt her sister."

"Then I'll stop you."

"You can always try my little sister."You can always try." Jiyoung patted his sister's head before leaving her to her thoughts.

"How can I keep all of you safe Sica.. how?"

 

 

 

******************************************

 

 

"Sehun said Im his mate." Everyone's head turned to look at Krystal who has no appetite to eat and only playing with her food o the plate.

"Oh my god. He imprinted on you? Well does it goes both ways?" Krystal shook her head.

"Wait, how come it doesnt? Cant you not hear his thoughts?"

"No, but I can feel his presense. I dont know. I felt him when he's outside but I dont know it was him at first so I thought its just a random demon but he's the first demon Ive ever felt his presence of. Can that be a Slayer's power though?"

Yunho shhok his head. "I dont know. I havent heard anything like that. Mostly when youre imprinted to a wolf, the connection goes both ways. You both can hear each other's thoughts and feel each other's feelings.Maybe its because youre an Angel, Just like Jessica. Yuri and her can only feel each other and hear each other's thoughts when theyre both in wolf form but they can feel each other's presense." Jessica confirmed it by nodding her head at her sister.

Jay scoffed. "Hah, that cant be, she's a dormant Angel even if she's the slayer, she has no Angelic powers that can shield demon's powers, Unlike Jessica, thats why when she'sin human form, she cant communicate with her mutt lover."

"Jay, another mutt-word that comes out of your mouth, I swear Im going to cut it."

"Okay, sorry geez Jessica. But seriously, Imprinting cant be one-sided. I need to ask the Elders about this. This can lead us to something that can help us win this war."

Krystal brows scrunched up, she doesnt like the sound of the word Jay had used but being attacked by countless of times, she had come to fully accept that she is indeed going to fight this war whether she likes it or not.