Kabanata 69

The Slayer

"YoungJae.." Lucifer called his loyal Djinn who has the dagger in his hand covered in blood that gone dry. Jessica's body trembled knowing that it'll be the instrument the young demon will use to take her life. She went rigid as she panicked. Unable to think, she stayed still, as if waiting for the sharp object to pierce through her.

Meanwhile on Amber and Sehun's fight, the wolf can barely match the dark angel's physical and magical power. He had been thrown in all direction and had been hit in every part of his human body. He hasnt morphed to his true form yet as he was waiting for the blood moon to finally make its full effect on his powers as a descendant of the first generation of wolves.

"Im going to kill you for what you did to Krystal.." And then he charged forward only to be sent flying across the spacious field.

Luhan, on the other hand, felt so useless being inside the barrier Luna gave him but he knew that even without it, he's still useless for the group so he just watched as s got thrown to the ground and got hit by the enemies.

Being in their weakest, Yunho and Jay was only able to protect themselves and cause not much of an injury to some demons with their swords.

Luna, as a white witch, it still gives her the advantage of the maximum capacity of her demon side, although her kinds are considered good, still in their blood still lies demons' blood; something Luna cant run away from. She chanted spells to protect herself and at the same time attack their enemies. And as she moves, the young human boy, cant get her his eyes off her.

"Luna, watch out." Luhan warned the witch who was quick to evade her attacker and managed to throw him a fireball. "Thanks." She smiled and Luhan cant hide the pink hues around his cheeks.

"Jessica.. Jessica.." Krystal called as she saw her unmoving sister waiting as Youngjae came closer and closer to her. "Jessica.."

"Krystal." Henry's small voice called the young slayer's attention. He was still wincing in pain but Krystal knew that he's ignoring it as he try to untie the knots around Krystal with just one hand.

"Just go Officer Lau, save yourself." Krystal told him but he shook his head. "Amber will kill me if I do. Youre her girlfriend and Im going to make sure you end up together."

"You shouldve had listened to her." And with that, a knuckle went through inside Henry's chest. Blood splattering on her face but Krystal couldnt look away from Henry, not when he was still smiling at her. "Please save Amber." It was the Officer's last words before his dead body fell on the ground.

Tears started to flow endless again. Krystal is only 18 but the amount of bloodshed she has seen and lives that have been taken of the ones she knew and grew fond of was incredibly heart breaking and its overwhelming her. It was too much, too much.

Yuri on the other hand, in her wolf form, managed to kill few wolves bigger and powerful than her. A half dozen more of dead demons on her pathway towards her lover Jessica. There's no way, no way in hell that she's ever going to let anything bad happen to her most beloved other half. And without their wolf bond with Jessica still in her human form, Yuri can only howl at her lover who at the first try managed to break through her daze.

"Life of the real chosen slayer." Youngjae muttered as he was only few feet away from Krystal's older sister, holding out the dagger.

Luna was then thrown and hit her head hard on one of the stonehenge stones that had caused her to lose her consciousness and as she did, the barrier around Luhan disappeared. "Sehun, behind you.." he gave his twin a warning as he saw another demon preparing to attack him from behind. Unfortunately though, one demon noticed that the human has no protection anymore and with a swing of a sword, Luhan fell onto his knees.

Feeling that the twin bond between them weakened, Sehun immediately turned to where his brother is and saw him lying on the ground. Evading Amber's attack, he ran towards his brother and carried his lethally wounded body. "No.. No.. No.. Luhan. Please dont die. You cant die on me, not now nor never. " He said as he saw blood on his hands when he carried his brother's body.

Luhan spat out blood. "Silly, I wont die on you. We still have to save Krystal." Sehun broke down in tears as he heard the last words his brother told him before he lost his last breath, ofcourse, its about Krystal. Its always have been about Krystal.

Closing Luhan's eyes, Sehun carried his brother's body and laid it to where there was no fight going on, where it was quiet amidst the war between good and bad was happening.

He screamed till his screams turned into a howl to a growl. Under the bright red moon, Sehun's full wolf form stood with his head held high and paws grounded on the Earth's soil. He snarled before running down the slope where he left his dead brother in peace with a promise that he'll save the girl they both love and protect her with his own life.

Youngjae was now only two feet away from Jessica, swinging the dagger to his back and preparing to stab the angel to her heart when Jay called out Yunho's attention and told him to stop the time. Even when it was only two seconds, Jay managed to go where Jessica is or teleported to be exact. 

With surprised eyes, Jessica looked at her literally other half's pair of golden brown eyes. "This is the first time you think about me. Too bad though,  its probably the last too." Then Jay fell on her arms. Jessica cant believe it. She cant believe it. She didnt know why she think of Jay at that moment, but she did. She didnt summon him but he managed to respond to her calling out his name inside her head.

And neither can she  believe that the man who had been paired with her by the Heaven even before she was born was now dead; Jay just made a shield of himself and took the hit for her. He took the blow of the sharp pointed dagger.

Even with the added wight, it took Jessica quite a long time to process everything and as her tears stream down her face, it hit her..

Jay just sacrificed his life to save her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Hyuna's dead.  Luhan died. Henry's dead. Jay died. So who's next?