Kabanata 38

The Slayer

"Mr. Riley. I do believe phones are prohibited druing exams." Amber's voice echoed inside the classroom. Mrs. Myers, our Math professor were called in the principal's office and asked Amber to watch us while we're taking our exams, so that explains why Im more than happy to answer my exam sheet. Though Im still slightly mad at her.

"But Im done with my exam Ms. Liu." Riley answered back and it made Amber's eyebrows twitched.

"Exam hour isnt done yet."

"This isnt even your subject.." Riley huffed under her breath but I can hear him cause Im just a seat away from here.

Amber silently walked towards Riley and smiled before smashing his phone to the table.

"What the man?" Riley exclaimed as he stood up and clenched Amber's colar. I stood up and so is Luhan who tried to pull Riley away from Amber.

"I warned you didnt I?" Amber brushed Riley's hands off her. "Next time, listen to your professors." Riley was the kind who never really cared if there's professor inside our classroom and just do whatever he wants whenever he wants it. He's kind of a douchebag to be honest and Im quite happy that Amber showed him his place.

"Yes Maam." Riley answered politely, much to our surprise. He's the most hot headed guy I know and we're all expecting him to burst and explode and punch Amber in the face yet he did otherwise.

"Good. Now. Im sorry for breaking your phone. I just dont like students talking back to their teachers. Here. Take my phone. use this well." Amber handed him her phone after deleting some of her stuffs and taking her own sim card.

"Thanks Maam." Riley said as he took the phone and sat down. 

"What the, Dude. Ms. Liu's phone was the latest model." Riley's seatmate exclaimed and Riley seem to forgot the incident.

"Everyone else wants their phone to be smashed on their desk?" No one answered and resumed to answering the test sheets. "Good, cause I dont have another phone to give."

 

 

 

******************************************

 

 

"What's wrong Sehun?" I asked when we were in our usual spot in the cafeteria. "Youre surprisingly quiet. Are you not feeling well?" Sehun had ben silent throughout the morning class until now.

"He's just being grumpy since this morning." Luhan said as he stuffed his mouth with his fries.

"Just dont mind me.. I jsut dont feel myself today." Sehun answered and started eating his meal silently.

I didnt bother to ask more since Sehun is the type who rarely shut his mouth but when he did it only means he doesnt want to talk and doesnt want to be bombarded with questions either.

I saw Sehun gritted his teeth as one guy behind him wo was talking loudly and uses his hands to tell his story hit him at the back of his head twice.

"Hey, watch it." I told the guy but ignored me and kept talking to his friend without even saying sorry.. He hit Sehun again and that's when my bestfriend snapped, he stood up and pulled the guy off his chair by his colar and punched him square on the face.

Sehun was about to throw another punch but stopped as I called his name, his fist an inch away from the guy's face.

"D-dude.. I-Im s-sorry." The guy stuttered. Sehun released him and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Sehun, wait.." I called out as I followed him outside. He didnt stopped so I ran and pulled his arm, making him turn to face me.

"What the hell was that? When did you become this violent?" He stayed silent. "Sehun.." 

"Since when?"

"Since when what?" 

"Since when you and Ms. Liu going out? No dont answer that. .."

"H-how did you know?" I loosen my grip on his wrist and finally let it go, he didnt say anything and walked away.. Just like that.

"He heard you and Ms. Liu yesterday." Luhan said, as he stood beside me. "He really like.. No.. He loves you Krystal.. Sehun loves you so much."

"I know.. but.."

"Just give him time, he's just hurt, that's all.." Luhan said patting my head. So I was actually the reason behind him being all grumpy..

 

 

************************************

 

 

"Sehun knew about us." I said once Amber and I was alone inside the faculty room.

"Good. I dont need to hide myself whenever youre with him." Amber replied, not taking her eyes off her paper works.

"Amber, one student knew about us."

"But he's your friend, isnt he? He couldnt possibly go tell everyone about us, could he?"

"Thats not the point Amber, if he heard us yesterday, someone else couldve heard us too. What if someone else tell about us? What if the school board finds out?"

"That will never happen, so relax. Leave everything to me. I will never let anyone harm you okay?" Amber reached out for my hand and squeezed it.

"I just dont want my family to overreact on this and separate us."

"I wont let that happen. You trust me right?" I nodded.

Its a wonder how I trust this person so much when I barely know things about her. I just knew who she is, her work, her brother, her ex- friend, some things about her ex but thats just it.. I still know nothing about her yet i trust her with my life.