Kabanata 29

The Slayer

"Krystal.. Krystal.. Wake up.." I opened my eyes as I felt someone shaking my body.

"What happened?" I pushed myself up with Jessica helping me and handing me a glass of water.

"Yuri just saved you. You were about to be bitten by a bloodsucker." Jessica answered.

"A vampire? I remember there was someone saying he'll only take a sip. My body was frozen and I couldnt move." I said, thinking about what had happened earlier. Im not really bothered that I was almost got bitten but with the fact that the vampire even said 'Sorry' as if the man had no other choice and she was just a random source of food at the moment.

"Good thing I told Yuri to look for you cause your classes ends at five and I called the twin and theyre already at home." Jessica then yelled, calling over her shoulder, "Uncle Yunho..." as if the man would..... appear.

My jaw dropped as the said man magically appeared in our sight with light surrounding his body as he materialized.

"What the hell was that?" I asked confused and in awe. "You can teleport too?"

"No.. Thats not teleportation, thats called summoning. We Angels can summon other Angels of our blood. Like the closed blood line from your father side, so that include's me, your Uncles and Aunties and cousins too. But relatives on third degrees? No. Only Elders can do that."

"What? Why didnt you say so? I could have called you when I was in danger."

"You what?"

"She's almost got bitten by a bloodsucker, good thing I was there." Uncle Yunho nodded at Yuri then put his attention back to me. "Sorry honey, but Summoning doesnt work for dormant Angels like you."

"Thats just so unfair you know?" I said puffing my cheaks as I crossed my arms on my chest. 

"At least you have other powers Angels can never have, you can see us." Uncle Yunho ruffled my hair. He's serious character had loosened up since I helped Jessica organized his bedroom for him the time they moved in.

"And speaking of your powers, how is it today?" Jessica querried who sat to Yuri's lap on the chair perpendicualr to the long couch where I was currently in.

"Its working properly. I can see all of them on the streets and even in school, good thing I dont have one in class. God, I dont know how I'd act around them." I paused as I massaged my tensioned muscles at the back of my neck. "But I think some already knows I can see through them. They look at me menacingly." I confessed.

"Thats probably because they felt threatened, I mean who wouldnt? A Slayer, who's destined to wife the earth of demons who might have existed and lived here even before our clan did, ofcourse they'll grimace you. And some of them probably just want to have a peaceful life."

"And that is why you, Uncle Yunho, needs to train her so she can know better who's the bad guys and who's not." Jessica said as she carressed Yuri's cheeks.

"Baby, Ive always been on your side since Ive imprinted on you. Just that my family is very traditional and wants me to go out with a wolf girl."

"But I am a wolfgirl. I am your wolfgirl." Jessica pouted which is sickeningly cute to be honest. Ofcourse, seeing your sister act like a kid in front of her lover.. Oh god, am I like that with Amber?

"But youre an Angel too and our bloodlines never really had a good history you know. Trying to exterminate each other isnt the kind of a bonding I want for our families to have in reunions."

"FIne, then go imprint yourself to some mutt out there." Jessica pretended she was about to get off Yuri but the latter enveloped her in her arms. "I was just joking baby. You know that."

"Okay, I think Im going to puke with so much love in the air right now but as much as I hate to destroy your world, but that needs to stop right now." Uncle Yunho gestured at my sister and Yuri, twirling his finger infront of hi, as if drawing a circle on them.

"Why?"I asked, confused.

"Jay's coming. He's the one who will train Krystal." 

I saw how Yuri loosened her hold on my sister, her arms fell on her lap while Jessica's jaw clenched, gritting her teeth.

"Who's Jay?"

"My fiance." Jessica answered. Yuri pushed her off as she stood up and head straight to the balcony. Jessica followed her and I could hear them arguing. Uncle Yunho just shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

"Yuri, please, dont go." Jessica said, pulling Yuri's wrist as her other hand struggled to close the sliding door.

"And what? You want to see me rip his neck off? Or do you want him to break my bones? Which is which?" Yuri's voice raised a notch making Jessica flinched. She's supposed to get used to that voice since Yuri always do that whenever Jay was the topic and even as much as she wants to avoid to go that line, somehow it always put them in this situation even with just a mention of the guy's name.

"I want you here beside me Yuri." It was almost a whisper.

"And what? So I can see how he holds your hand while Im on hook with your other hand? No thanks Jessica. We both know how he'll react if he saw me a mile radius from you. But dont worry I'll still keep you safe." Yuri slightly pushed Jessica's small frame aside and managed to open the door.

Jessica had already tears strolling down her cheeks. This were the times when she hated being an Angel. If only she doesnt have that blood she could freely be with Yuri.

"Yuri..." Jessica muttered.

She turned just at the right time when Yuri morphed and transformed into her werewolf form, ripping all her clothings off of her as she changed.

These were the times she hates being incapable of transfoming. With her in her human form, she wont be able to speak to Yuri, not till she's still in her wolf form.

She watched as her lover howled to the moon, as if weeping and blaming the moon for her aching heart. The wolf glanced back at Jessica who was holding the sliding door looking straight at the furry wolf. When Yuri had enough of taking in Jessica's features, she ran off.. She ran as fast as she can till Jessica cant feel her presence anymore.