Kabanata 22

The Slayer

My life has been turned 180 degrees since that day I left house for school and found my parent's lifeless bodies on the floor bathe with their own blood, that things has started to happen and learned that creatures i only see in the horror movies were real and legends are true. That among human world, another world existed. Vampires.. Werewolves.. They are true and Ive seen, or a glimpse of them and to know that someone had faced the same situation as mine has proven everything that its real. 

Im still confused though.. What are those creatures of the night had to do with me? Im only seventeen, barely an adult. Why am I dreaming about them? And am I suppose to do something about it?

I only have couple of notes about what me and the twins have searched about vampires and werewolves compiled in a cleared book that I havent really gone through since we started filing them. But will they help?  Are those written legend stories even legitimate? Will they even help?

Its was just like yesterday when Im still living an almost perfect life with two loving parents and with a snap, I lost that life. Dead parents with your lover's family wanting to get rid of you and night creatures which you know in your dreams all wanting to kill you. If I have been any less composed and strong, I mightve broke the first day it started. 

But I didnt, with the grave loss of my parents came my long separated sister that I dont have any memory of and an Uncle I never knew. They replaced the warmth and laughter inside my house, its something different from my parents warmth but it gives me comfort and security.

Amidst of my nightmares, the danger of those vampires and werewolves that Im yet to understand is the twin's care and support.. Anyone mightve laughed at me the moment I tell them everything.. The twins couldve thought Im going crazy and my parent's death was to blame but they didnt. They believed me and accepted every words that came out of my mouth with open arms,no hesitations and doubts. Sehun and Luhan always make me feel loved and cared for.

And then there's my teenage love story. Amber, the girl that my heart decided to fall in love with. Her family who knew nothing about me but is bound to hate and separate me from her, Amber gave me that sense of protection and assurance that she wont let anything harm me.

My sister, Uncle, the twins and Amber have been my emotional support ever since my parents died. Theyve helped me rebuilt what Ive lost and given me more than I needed. And Im thankful for that. I feel invinsible with them around me and I knew whatever might happen..

I knew I can always count on them..

 

 

 

********************************************

 

 

 

"Hey birthday girl.. Rise and shine.." I proped myeyes half open, trying to get use on the bright light that my window have welcomed inside my room.

I blinked twice, thrice, not sure if what Im seeing was light or my Uncle was glowing in bright bluish white light. Oh well, he opened the curtain so its just probably the light.

I covered myself again with blanket, not really want to get up so early in a sunday morning.

"Your sister went out to see her friend, Im going out to buy some ingredients Mrs. Oh will need for later. Make sure your friends will come okay?" 

I groaned as an answer.

I pushed the blanket off me, looking at the clock I frantically jumped to the bathoom. Im already an hour late. Im supposed to be at the bus station at 8 in the morning. Ive overslept and its already 9. I was so excited about our first date today that I had a hard time getting sleep last night. God Amber must be mad by now. Teachers hate late persons, they always think that time is prescious and one must not waste it on waiting, and Amber is no exclusion. I once saw her get mad cause one guy in my class came in late without proper apology which we never really do in Mr. Thorn's class before, the old man's motto was 'Its always better to be late than never' but Amber is not like that. She told us that class is 7:30 am so she'll start it at the exact time, once youre late dont come in or she'll humiliate us and she actually did. That poor guy in my class never came late again. Dont tell me what Amber did, it was really embarrassing.

I left the house not forgetting to leave a note in case Uncle and Jessica forgets to check their phones which they actually do sometimes.

"Im sorry."I said as a man came by and we bumped to each other accidentally.

"Watch were youre going."

"Im so.." My words were left hanging as I stared at the man, body frozen on the spot, stupefied. The man... On his head was a spiral horn attached just right above his eyebrow.. A horn that you usually see in goats and antelopes.

I blinked once, twice but nothing's changed..

He's got a horn for crying out loud.. and the man seems not to care that he has a horn. My eyes followed him as he started walking again and muttering things to himself, my body robotically turned and saw the horn was still there.

I shook my head, trying to get the picture out of my head. Rubbing my eyes, I told myself, "Im just still sleepy, that's all."

I went on my way to the bus stop. And as soon as I reached the busy streets, my eyeball almost popped out of my sockets. Swallowing down my saliva, I turned my head left and right.. I could feel the fear sprung out from my toes and cycled to my head and back mixed with confusion and curiosity.

"What the hell is happening now?" with my trembling hands, I took my phone out and called the first person who flashed inside my head.

"Se-Sehun, I need help."

"What? Why? Whats wrong?" His voice was in panic.

"I think Im going insane. Im seeing things.."