Kabanata 62

The Slayer

Sometime in 1140..

 

“Why? Why did you do it?”

“Im sorry..  Im sorry..”  The 20 year old young woman cried onto her now-well mother’s lap as the latter caressed her hair, soothing every bit of pain and guilt she was feeling.

“I told you I did not want to..”

“That’s what I told her but she didn’t listen.” Eunho, who was standing a few feet away from them, butted in.

“I cant lose you mom. I don’t want to lose you. I don’t want to live in this world without you, not now that I know we can live forever. I don’t want to live forever without you mom.” Eunyoung said in between her sobs, face still buried onto her mother’s lap.

“Its okay, its already been done. “ There was finality in Sooyoung’s voice and Amber knew she needs to let it go, but she still kept saying she was sorry eventhough she knows that no matter how many times she said she’s sorry, what she had done to her mother was still unforgivable.

“Im sorry for giving you the curse, your daughter asked for it and I cant also live without you Sooyoung.” The woman laid her hands out for Eunho to take and the latter knelt down beside her to kiss the back of her hand.

“You should’ve thought of that before Eunho.” The old woman, who had just aged back a little right after being sired by her husband, chuckled a bit as she reminisced the time she found out that her beloved was a creature of the night but it didn’t stop them from loving each other and that she even asked for Eunho to change her but he loves her so much that he never wanted her to live miserably like him. And so Sooyoung aged, and Eunho remained youthful as he’s ever been.

Eunyoung thought everything will be fine after that; that she’ll face her upcoming birthday and her impending change with a wide smile since her mother will still be by her side after that but she thought so wrong. She saw the drastic change on the mother; the lust for blood, the crave to kill and the need to hunt but amidst all that, her mother remained as loving and refrain which bothers Eunyoung a lot since her mother never gave to her monstrous instinct and defy everything her father and brother was living for.

Sooyoung had never tried killing a human being to suffice her hunger, never did she killed someone just for some idiotic desire for fun and most importantly she never succumb to her monstrous self; she had remained the ever loving and caring mother Eunyoung had ever known and for that Eunyoung was scared.

Scared that her mother will die because she’s not feeding on any human, no, she’s not even drinking any blood that EunHae offered her. Animal blood was never an alternative since it has some components that can poison and alter vampire’s strengths and powers.

So when Sooyoung became weaker as days passed, it scared Eunyoung to hell that one day, her mother will die and she’ll be left alone in this world with their curse of immortality and misery.  And she cant let that happen.

“Mother, you need to feed. Atleast drink what Eunhae is giving you.” Eunyung’s voice was almost pleading which was responded by a weak smile from her mother’s pale lips.

“I don’t want to be a monster Eunyoung. And I don’t you to be either, but its in your blood and if only I can do something to change that, I would’ve done it the day I conceived you.” Her mother caressed her cheeks with her trembling hands and Eunyoung supported it by her own.

“Stop dwelling on the past mother, look ahead of you. This is you now and this is what I’ll become after a month. This is us.” Eventhough Eunyoung was still against a life she never chose to have, she had come to accept it with open arms knowing that her mother will still be there beside her but having her mother bed ridden and thinning out just because she’s not feeding, Eunyoung needed her mother to see that with them still together, things will be okay.

Eunyoung took a knife she had placed before on the food tray she brought for her mother along with a glass of blood Eunhae milked out himself. “If you don’t want to drink that blood..” she paused and dragged the sharp edge of the knife to her left arm near her wrist; a small cut big enough for blood to come out. “Then drink mine.” Eunyoung held out her arms in front of her mother who despite her face showing her true monster form, the disgust look on her face was still evident.

“Eunyoung…” The refusal in Sooyoung’s tone was firm but Eunyoung didn’t budge. “You need to drink blood mother, that one on the glass or mine. That’s your only choice.”

“I cant drink your blood.”

“Ofcourse you can. Im still human, aren’t I? S you can still drink my blood. You haven’t had any since you’ve been turned and I know you don’t want to but you have to. I need you mother, please.” Eunyoung begged with watery eyes.

Seeing that her daughter wont let her get away with it, Sooyoung had no other option but to accept her daughter’s offer since she doesn’t know where Eunhae got the blood from. The young vampire can be careless sometimes; that Sooyoung have known the first time Eunho introduced him to her.

With hesitant hands, Sooyoung took Eunyoung’s hand and kissed it before she started drinking on her daughter’s blood. Slow at first till Sooyoung lost herself to the taste of the blood in that she didn’t realize that she’s already biting Eunyoung’s arm. Fangs sunk in deeper and more blood dripped down the bed; coloring the white sheet red as more blood kept on dripping.

“Auntie… Stop.. Auntie.. Youre killing Eunyoung.. Auntie.”  Eunho panicked as he opened the door and the sight of her step mother feeding on her sister greeted him. He, with the vampire’s super speed, managed to get to the bed with a second and pulled Eunyoung away from his step mother.

“Ohh my god, Im sorry.. Im sorry Eunyoung.. Im so sorry..” As soon as she realized that she had just succumb to her hunger and almost ripping her daughter’s arms apart, Sooyoung broke down and cried; and that’s when Eunyoung found out that vampires cries blood.

“Its okay mom.. Its okay.” The only human in the room weakly said before enveloping her mother with her arms. “We’ll get through this.”

 

 

Back to current time..

“We need to find Krystal, who knows what Amber is doing to her right now.” Sehun said as he put an ice pack on his head that hit the small cupboard earlier when he attacked the shockingly powerful vampire.

“Jessica’s taking a lot of time, she shouldve come back by now.” Yunho who was mirroring Sehun said, more to Jay who was busy turning pages in what seem a thousand century old book.

“Blood moon is just hours away Yunho, our powers are decreasing, so I take it that Jessica will take more time than she usually does.”

“What happened back there? Why is Amber so powerful? And why does she have wings? Why did Uncle Yunho’s powers didn’t work on her?” Luhan asked in one go that even Luna who was just sitting next to him didn’t understand him.

“That’s what Im trying to find out.” Jay was still busy skimming the book when Jessica appeared; forehead’s sweating and knees’ wobbling. Yuri, who had woken up a while ago managed to catch her when her knees gave out.

“What’s wrong?” Yuri asked as she guided her to the sofa where Luhan and Luna were sitting on earlier.

“My powers are weakening.” Jessica turned to everyone who she knew was waiting for any news she might’ve gotten from her journey to Amber’s apartment. She shook her head. “No sign of them. Amber mustve took Krystal somewhere else.”

“The question is why? If she’s going to kill her, why didn’t she just kill her earlier, why took her, I mean with her power she can rip Krystal’s head off in one second.”  Yunho wondered.

“She need Krystal alive.” Everybody’s attention went to Jay whose hand are clenching tightly on the book’s rather sturdy binding.

“What for?” Almost everyone asked at the same time.

“Theyre going to open the Hell’s gate and set Lucifer free..” Jay paused and closed the book and looked at everyone’s horrified face.

 

 

“With Krystal’s blood.”