Kabanata 26

The Slayer

"Hmmmm.. Krystal?" Sehun stirred and called my name as soon as he realized that Im sneaking inside his blanket.

"You know you need to stop doing this everytime we do sleepovers Krys, we're not kids anymore." Sehun said as he sat up.

Whenever its our birthday, our parents always lets us do sleep overs with me on their beds and them always on the living room. But sometimes or most of the times that Im spending the night on the twins house I cant sleep so I end up sleeping with Sehun instead.

"But I cant sleep Sehun..Not after everything I found out earlier." I pulled him back and snuggled close to him, making him envelope me in with his lean arms. He tried to refuse but gave in eventually.

"We're not 10 anymore Krys.." Sehun mumbled right on top of my head.

"You never mind before, whats the difference now?"

"Your sister and Uncle Yunho might see us."

"My parents already saw us like this Sehun,it wont be a big deal for them." I said pulling him more closer. He's so warm and the cold floor beneath us make my body crave for more heat.

"We were 10 back then. Its different now."

I pushed myself off of him, "Fine." Somehow I hate it when Sehun's being like this. Its not like Im asking him for , my god I only want someone to nuzzle with. My parents are dead whom I always go to whenever I feel uneasy and now that theyre gone I dont have anyone to go to. Jessica's with Yuri in her room and I cant obviously be like this with Uncle Yunho and Luhan is not used to sleeping with someone beside him that's why he and Sehun has different beds.

"Sorry, I know youre just worried about things. Come here." Sehun pulled me back in. He molded his frame onto mine as he turned me so my back's facing him. He squeezed me with his arms and breathe in on my hair.

"Im scared Sehun."

"Dont be. Im here. I will protect you." He said before I heard soft snores coming from him.

My heart suddenly ached. He said the same thing as what Amber told me only the difference is I could feel all the sincerity in Amber's words more that Sehun's.

 

 

 

 

***************************************

 

 

 

"Youre happy." 

"Am I that obvious?"

"Yes. Your face shows it all."

"Well, I have nothing to worry about now that my sister knows everything. I have nothing to hide from her from now on. I wont be afraid whenever.." Jessica said as she pushed her whole body towards the body next to her.

"I hope you could say the same with our relationship Sica." Yuri cut her off.

"She knows already Yuri. Even if I dont say anything, she knows."

"Its not only that Sica.. You know what I meant." Jessica pulled herself away from Yuri and sat up,hugging her knees to her chest. "You know I cant do that Yuri. The elders wont let us be together."

 Yuri sat up and turned Jessica so theyre facing each other. "Leave him.. Leave him and run away with me. Far away from all of this."

Jessica brushed Yuri's hands and stood up. "Are you serious? Krystal needs me more than before. Im the only one who can protect her."

"Havent you done enough already? Youve already risked your life for her, you lost your chance to be with your parents, she doesnt even trust you that much Sica."

"Yuri please.."

"Youre only using Krystal as an excuse, when the truth is you dont want to come with me so you can be with him." Yuri got off from the bed and her eyes' color changed in an instant, Jessica noticed.

"You know thats not true Yuri. Dont be like this.." Jessica's voice was pleading, walking towards a now fuming Yuri whose hands are balled up and trembling, trying to control herself from bursting..

"Yuri.. You know its you that I love. Only you." Jessica took Yuri's hands and squeezed it till it softened, her other and went to Yuri's cheeks and carressed it. Yuri's eyes changed back to a hazel brown after she calmed down.

"Then you should be with me and not with him."

Jessica threw her arms around Yuri's neck and whispered as their lips brushed to each other, "Im with you now, right?" before Yuri closed that thin gap and carrying Jessica back to bed.

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

"You mean, we're angels?" 

"Ahh yes. We're half blood angels. Some of us have powers, some of us dont. You dont have powers like I and Jessica has. Youre considered as a dormant angel since youre practically all human but since youre The Chose One, youre powers will manifest later than average angels."

"What powers you and Jessica ha..." I trailed off as I felt that the body next to me left without standing up and suddenly emerged behind Uncle Yunho.

"I can jump through space and time."

"You mean you can teleport?" Sehun asked in awe.

"Exactly." My sister exclaimed snapping her fingers at Sehun.

Before I could ask Uncle Yunho about his power, everyone froze except for meand Uncle Yunho. "I believe you already know what my power is?" I only nodded to him and with a snap of his finger everyone started to move again.

"I can stop time, if the twins want to know my powers. But only for a short period of time." Uncle yunho said, bragging about his powers that the twins obviously found cool.

"So what powers can I possibly have?" 

"Depends.."

"Depends on what heart you have. You'll know in time. I cant tell much about it since every Slayer, thats what you've been called since the first Slayer had that name and it kinda goes through the whole passing on duties and the likes, so yeah, every Slayer has different powers. Some can do time travel, super strength, fly and so on.."

"I can see who's supernatural or not. Is that one of my powers?"

"Its already given Krystal. Since youre the next Slayer, it has been given to you even before you were born right after the last Slayer died. Your ability to see supernatural creatures manifested as soon as you turned eighteen thats why in our bloodline, we were told to keep ourselves pure before that age, both men and women since Slayers can be either of the two. Only those who are pure enough can be chosen."

"But why isnt Jessica chosen, did she lose her ity before she turned eighteen?"

"No, Im not that kind of a lady. Something happened so it was passed onto you. Among the five potentials, including myself and our cousins, I was chosen first but due to my tainted purity I was pulled out of the draft and soon they chose you."

"Wow.." Sehun and Luhan muttered, astonished with every information that were layed in front of them. "Wait what about her?" Luhan asked, pointing at Yuri whose leaning against the door frame listening to us. "Can you tell if she's a human or not?" Luhan asked me and I nodded. As soon as she and my sister came insde the house this morning I already knew what type of Demon she is.

"Im a werewolf." Yuri answered. "Want to know if Im telling the truth?"

My sister just laughed. "Dont scare the kids Yuri."

"Oh my god, she's a werewolf Krystal. She's bad." Luhan and Sehun immediately ran by my side, arms stretched protectively in front of me.

Yuri laughed. "See? You scared them already." My sister joked and threw yuri a naughty smirk.

My head snapped at Yuri when I remembered something. "Its you right? It was you that night.. You were here."

Yuri laughed and ruffled my hair as she walked passed the couch to stand beside my sister. "Well I need to see if you guys are safe. I didnt mean to scare you anyway. Youre sister here was in deep sleep so she didnt felt my presence. Sorry."

"So is this mean She's not bad? And she's on our side?" Sehun asked, only when Yuri nodded that the twins put their hands down.

"So Jess.. Why is it that I can see brown ears on top of your head?"

"Brown ears?" Luhan asked and I only nodded.

"Yeah, like the ones I see on Yuri's,except that her's are black..Oh my god Jess.. Are you.."

"Im a werewolf too."