Kabanata 47

The Slayer

"What? What do you mean quit school?" I asked with my not so calm voice. I was sitting in the dining table together with my sister and Jay when the latter told me that I wont be going to school this semester.

"School wont matter if youre dead Krystal." Jay said as if me being death is not a big deal. Ever since Luna came to tell me that I will die and that her premonition always happens, Ive been versy sensitive with it. As is by saying the word itself could literally kill me.

Seeing that my facial reaction changed, Jessica smacked Jay's head. "Yah.." He bellowed at my sister.

"Stop saying like my sister's going to die. Nothing will happen to her.I'd make sure of that." My sister smiled at me and I smiled back. I know she's just making me feel better, but really, I dont know what I can do to stop thinking that one of these day someone will kill me. Someone close to me. Godthing Amber is a human, so she's already out of the equation. Luhan's so feminine that I can kill him first if ever its him. Im sure Jay and Uncle Yunho wont do something like that to me,specially my sister who'd give her own life for me, so its leaves me with Sehun. Sehun is a powerful werewolf and if what Yuri said was right, being the direct descendant of the first generation of wolves, the blood moon might influence Sehun's thinking. And if that does happen, Im dead. Im really dead. Cause as far as our trainigs are concern, ive never beaten Sehun, in wolf nor human form.

"But in order to prepare her for the battle, she need to do her training, 24/7 Jess. That or she'll die.. Yah.. stop hitting my head." Jessica had hit his head again.

"It'll be her decision whether seh wants to continue living her normal life or totally embrace her destiny. Eitherway, we, as her family needs to support her." Jessica scoffed while Jay's lips curved into a wide smile.

"You do know your smile is creeping me out right Jay?" My sister said.

"Sorry, its just its the first time you included me in your family and.." Jay stopped talking when my sister said "Shut up." Seriously, this guy is so whipped yet sometimes he has his own way to control my sister. I guess their magical connection only complicates their love triangle to be honest.

"I still want to be able to live normally Jess. I cant let my slayer life took over me. I know it wont be easy, but I can try, right? I'll try to balance my life as a human and as a slayer. Anyways, Im still a slayer in the making right?"Jess nodded.

"Well, I cant argue anymore or I'll get another beating from your sister. Well then, I'll make you rest for today since you'll be going back to school tomorrow. But thats just oday though, lets see if you can manage being a slayer-trainee by night and a student by day." He stuffed his mouth with the food before vanishing. He said earlier that the elders needs to talk to him about me.

"Are you sure Krys?" I could see worry in my sister's eyes but I dont want her to worry about me anymore, Im not ten, im already an adult who happened to be destined to save mankind from evil demons. It sounds so legendary and heroic, but Im nowhere near that just yet.

"I'll be fine Jess." Yes, I know I'll be. And besides, Amber said she needs her job at the university. I'd rather be in a secret relationship with her than be out in the open and have all those university s swarm her without me there. Atleast I'd know if Amber's cheating on me or not, right? I know how popular Amber is with girls and I cannot let anyone replace my throne.

"But it'll be blood moon in two weeks. And you havent even had your powers yet. I dont want to lose you Krys." Jessica reached for my hand and I took hers in mine, squeezing it tightly. "Youre not going to lose me again Jess. No one's going to lose anyone."

I know it wont be easy but we all can try.. We can try..