Kabanata 57

The Slayer

Sometime in 1120's

"Eunyoung.. Eunyoung.. come back here. You cant go out.. Come back here." A woman in her early 40's called out as her daughter ran out of their humble abode.

"But Mom, I just want to play outside.. Just for a bit."

"No you cant, the sun is still up. you know how your are when there's still sun right? Eunyoung.." But the young girl didnt listen, she still stepped outside only to come back after a second with burns on her skin. "Mom... Mom.. My skin.. My skin.. Its becoming more worst." 

The little girl showed her mother her burns and yes, it is indeed getting worst. She pulled her daughter in her arms and she started crying. "Mom, why are you crying? Im sorry. I shouldve listened to you. Please mom, dont be sad. I promise I wont go out ever again." the 8 year old girl said as she wiped her mother's tear away. "Please dont cry mom. I dont want to see you crying."

"Im so sorry Eunyoung.. Im so sorry."

"Its okay mom, I know we dont have money to go to a hospital and I understand that. Dont worry mommy, I will never go out again."

 


Sometime in 1130's

"Why dont I have a dad, mom? Every kid in this village has a dad? Why dont I have one?"

"You do. He's just... not here."

"Why isnt he here?"

"Because.. Because he has things that he needs to do. And that requires him to be far away from us."

"When will he come back mom?" The 12 year old girl asked and her mother only smiled bitterly at her before hugging her. "You'll meet him soon, Eunyoung. You'll meet him soon."

 

Still around 1130's

"Mom, a guy approached me earlier when I went out to the river."

"And?" Her mother asked, ears all attentive while her hands were busy kneading a dough.

"He said he's my brother." The bowl of the batter which her mother was about to put to the sink fell, the pieces of the ceramic splattered on the floor.

"Mom, are you okay?"

"When someone approached you again, dont talk to them and just go home, okay? Dont ever talk to them Eunyoung. Do you understand me?" The young girl nodded, eyes beaming with a mixture of fear and curiosity as to why her mother sounded panicky all of a sudden.

"So he's not my brother?" The 18 year old young girl asked, still with a curious tone but now a little bit resigned. like disappointed.. bitter..

"Youre an only child."

 


Sometime in 1140's

The 20 year old young woman stared confusingly at the man in front of her.

"Arent you going to let your father in?" As much as Eunyoung wanted to believe that, seeing that the man doesnt look that old and pretty much like he's just around 40 years old, she didnt let the man in.

"Sorry, but my father should be around 60 years old now, he's 10 years older than my mother." The young woman reasoned out. The man just smiled at him and took off his hat. "Well, we need to wait for your mother then, Im sure she'll still recognize me."

Another hour had passed and Eunyoung never left her eyes off the man who was siting in front of their door. She offered him one of their chairs just to be kind since it was what her mother have taught her.

A knock on the door caught her attention.

"Hi, little sister. I told you I'll come back for you, didnt I?" Eunyoung's brow twitched for a moment then her eyes grew wide as she realized who the man was.

"You.." She muttered. She scanned the man from head to toe and it somehow occurred to her that the man, after years since he approached her the first time, never aged. That or the man is just so handsome that he still look the same.

"EunHae, I told you not to scare your sister." The man who claimed to be her father, joined them on their door.

"She's not scared.." Eunyoung gulped as she stared at the younger man's eyes. "Are you?" It was venomous.. The way the question was asked was so threatening that Eunyoung stuttered, "W-why would I?"

"Well, thats good cause you shouldnt be." The younger man turned to his father. "Why is she not letting us in?"

"Son, you know damn well we cant force her to do things as we wish."

"I dont get it, why cant we do it to her, she's still human. Arent our powers limitless?"

"Son, we die with daylight and when someone takes our hearts out. We're not very much that of an immortal,more so powerful, so stop daydreaming."

Eunyoung was slowly getting headache with everything that the two gentlemen was talking about. It was starteing to weird her out but she cannot find the heart to shoo them away. She wasnt raised like that, so she let them be till her mother came.

"EunHo.. EunHae.." Was what all her mother said.

"Hello Auntie." the younger man greeted her and Eunyoung was sure the two men was saying the truth when she saw the spark of familiarity in her mother's eyes.

"Arent you going to let us in Sooyoung?"

Eunyoung saw how her mother hesitated for a second before muttering, "Come in." The relief on the two men's faces was so obvious, like something heavy was lifted from their shoulders as soon as her mother opened the door widely for them to come in.

"You still look beautiful Sooyoung, older but still beautiful." The older man knelt down and held out his hand which her mother took, to Eunyoung's surprise. Everytime they talk about her father, she sees how sad her mother is, how it pains her to talk about him although they never really talk about him and seeing the man, her father in flesh, her mother has a different aura now. A bit of happiness mixed with cautious and something Eunyoung cant decipher.

"And you still look the same all these years." The older man gave Eunyoung's mother's hand a kiss before she turn to the younger man and hugged him. "Eunhae.. I hope you two are going to stay for good now."

"Im not sure Auntie.. Since we dont know how long the duration of our stay will be. But I would love to stay here and be with my younger sister." And it was then that Eunyoung's mother realize she was there in the room too.

"Ahh, Eunyoung honey.. this is Eunho, your father. And your brother, EunHae."

 


Still in 1140's

"Dad please.. Save her.. Save her.." Eunyoung pleaded as she stared at her dying mother. It'll be her birthday next month and having your mother dying over an illness no one knows about wasnt a gift that Eunyoung wants, no never in her entire life had she thought about it, so it breaks her heart to see her mother loose her remaining glow of life.

"But your mother doesnt want to.."

"I dont care.. I dont care.. just save her.."

 

 

 

 

 

Back to 2014..

 

"Were you reminiscing again?"

"How did you know?

"Amber, I maybe dead but Im not blind nor dumb." Sometimes, the boyish vampire hates it everytime Hyuna sees through her. "I can see it in your eyes."

"Sometimes, I wish youre just blind." Hyuna growled and showed her fangs in full length. "Relax, Im just joking.

"Whats wrong Amber? Is it about Krystal kissing another guy?"

"Not actually all that but thats included..Im just wondering what did I do in my past life to have this kind of complicated life right now."

"You know.. Thats the second time I heard you ask such question. The first time was when Yoona died."

Amber gritted her teeth at the mention of the name. It was already centuries but still memories of Yoona haunts her, sometimes, just like right now.

Hyuna sat on Amber's lap and cupped her cheeks. "Loose some tensions Am... Im not used to seeing you like this. You look so vulnerable."

"Well, you do have that effect on me. Making me vulnerable, I mean."

"Until now?"

"Let's see.." And Hyuna pulled Amber's face for her to kiss as clothes been ripped off from them.

 

 

 

 

 



I just noticed how all the characters' pasts in this story had been already revealed, all except Amber. So yeah.. expect few more chapters about her from now on.. Okay?
And do tell me if my fics still make sense to you, cause it sure dont for me.