Youngwoon suddenly realizes...

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

Evening: OUTSIDE SEOUL HIGH GROUNDS

You are walking with Jongwoon, Youngwoon, Hangeng, Sungmin, Donghae, Hyukjae, Jungsu, Heechul, and Donghee. (Whew, that's a lot of names.) The night summer wind blows through your hair and you recall the time you were all at the Asian Fusion beach resort.

"Why are you smiling, Haneul~?" Donghae asks curiously.

"Oh, nothing, I was just remembering that time at the beach," you say.

"OH!" he suddenly shouts. "SPEAKING OF WHICH, I ALMOST FORGOT!"

What the hell is this fish up to this time? ._.

"I had an awesome time with Jessica while having the buffet~" he swoons.

Oh great, here we go again with his outbursts of Jessica...

"But there's something I couldn't get off my mind," he says.

"You can't get off your mind but you forgot," Hangeng laughs beside him.

"Be quiet, Chinese boy!" Donghae says. He turns back to you. "So we were having the time of our lives just chatting away~ And then Kibum arrives."

Gulp. Not this again...

"And he's with this GIRL!" he continues enthusiastically.

"I swear I could stare at her all day and not get tired of it..." he says dreamily. "But I like Jessica more, so I don't really care so much. BUT STILL!!"

He almost hits you while flailing his arms around.

"She was so preeeeeeeettyyyyyyyy~~~~" he sings.

"WHO'S SO PRETTY??" Youngwoon butts in.

"The sapphire blue girl," Hangeng explains as Youngwoon puts his arm around you.

"AHHH!!! AHN PARAN??!!" Youngwoon shouts.

Dx My ears...

"Ya, ya, why are you guys talking about girls and not including me in the conversation?" Sungmin joins in.

"Girls?? Where??" Jongwoon says, looking around him.

Everyone crowds around you and talks loudly about the blue girl at the Asian Beach resort. At this point, you do not know what to say.

Finally, they all quiet down and you heave a sigh of relief that the storm is over. At least for now.

 

WOORI JIB KOREAN TRADITIONAL RESTAURANT

You get several orders of samgyupsal (you've lost count as to how much the guys ordered) along with the wide variety of side dishes that always come with a Korean meal (kimchi, sweetened baby potatoes, veggies, etc). Halfway through the meal, Youngwoon speaks up.

"Don't you guys think that Kibum's girlfriend looks familiar?"

You choke on the piece of kimchi that just got stuck in your throat. "You okay, Haneul??" Jongwoon says as he pats your back with force to dislodge the kimchi.

"*COUGH COUGH* I'm fine, Jongwoon hyung, thank you..." you say weakly.

"Anyway, I was saying that Kibum's girlfriend somehow looks familiar to me..." Youngwoon says. "I'm not sure if it's just me or if you guys feel the same way."

"How do you know that she's his girlfriend, hyung?" you ask nervously.

"Just a guess," he says.

"No, he just saved her on the beach from some drunk men and he took her to dinner to make her feel better," Sungmin explains.

"Ahh," Youngwoon says. "But her face still looks familiar to me!"

"Actually, I think so too," Sungmin says.

"So do I," Hyukjae says.

"You didn't even see her!" Donghae says to him.

Hyukjae looks at him annoyed. Then he laughs and says, "Yeah, I didn't. xD"

"I know I've seen her face somewhere before but I just can't pinpoint where," Youngwoon says, thinking very hard. His eyes scan the food, then around the restaurant as if trying to figure out where it was that he saw the girl before. You take a sip of water and try to hide your face in the glass. When you look at him while drinking, you see that his eyes have rested on you.

And after a second, Youngwoon's face is wet. 

"S-sorry, hyung," you say, hoping that Youngwoon didn't notice that you were surprised by his stare.

"AISH, what are you doing, Haneul??" he complains loudly. "You're not a fountain!!"

You grab some tissue and lean across the table to clumsily wipe his face. He seems annoyed.

"I'm really sorry about that, hyung," you apologize.

"You're so clumsy all the time! Tsk! You need to do things bette--" he stops making a fuss and looks you in the eye with a curious expression on his face.

You stare back at him for a moment before quickly realizing what could be happening and you scramble back to your seat. Youngwoon stops talking and just continues eating, his eyebrows knit together.

"So guys..." Donghae cheerfully says, oblivious to the inner conflict that had just happened. "What clubs are you going to join?"

"Clubs?" you wonder.

"Monday is the beginning of the club recruitment week," Sungmin explains. "There will be stands all over the playing field for the different clubs you can join."

"Oh, that seems interesting," you say, genuinely intrigued. "We didn't have clubs in my old school."

"Are you kidding me??" Heechul says. "Clubs are the best part of school life EVER!"

"Most of us already have a club though," Jungsu says. "But you can always choose to join more than one. IF you can handle them."

"Yes, IF you can handle them," Heechul emphasizes.

Heechul dramatically re-enacts the time when he joined 6 clubs back in freshman year and he got so overwhelmed that he ended up not doing anything productive for ANY of the 6 clubs he was in. While this is going on, you notice Jungsu look outside the restaurant window. You also notice his sudden change in aura as his face becomes very serious.

"I'll be right back, guys," he says, standing up. He walks out of the restaurant with brief steps.

"Where's he going?" you whisper to Jongwoon.

He shrugs. "He does that sometimes."

Sungmin overhears your conversation. "Probably just needs to get some fresh air because of all the Heechul wafting in here," he says.

You try not to worry, but deep inside you sense that something's up. You try to let it slide for now. After all, these guys have known him longer than you have.

"JOIN THE JUDO CLUB, GUYS!!!" Youngwoon shouts.

"NOO, JOIN THE DANCE CLUB!!!!" Heechul flails.

"BOTH OF THOSE AREN'T ANY GOOD! JOIN THE THEATER CLUB!" Sungmin joins in.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE THEATER CLUB IS BETTER THAN MY CLUB??"

"THE DANCE CLUB IS THE BEST OUT OF EVERYTHING!!"

=_=

I can't take this for much longer.

"GUYS!!!!!" you yell at the top of your lungs. The owner of the restaurant peeks at you and the boys. "Sorry, ajumma," you grin. "This is nothing~" You turn back to the guys.

"We'll find out on Monday what kind of clubs we'll be joining, arasso?" you say, as nicely as you could. "Because if you keep shouting like this, my ears are going to walk off my head and stick those chopsticks up your #%^^@."

They all gulp and go back to eating.

Seriously though, the food still isn't finished yet? ._.

After what seems like an hour or so, Jungsu walks back into the restaurant.

"Hyung!" you chirp. "What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I had some business to attend to for a while," he says. "What did I miss?"

"We were just inviting the others to join our clubs," Heechul grins, as if no ruckus had been caused earlier.

All of you pay for the food (they treated you just like they said they would) and walk back to the dorms. On the way, you see Siwon and Yoona walking arm in arm.

"SIWON HYUNG!" you shout and wave.

He turns around to see who the rude Korean citizen who dared address him by his first name was. When he sees you waving however, he just smiles and waves back at you with three fingers before continuing on his way.

The rest of the guys seem pretty weirded out at how he responded to you even though you called him out on a first name basis.

"What is up with THAT?" Youngwoon says.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA," Hyukjae bursts out, clenching his stomach.

The other guys start laughing as well, though you're not sure if it's because of Hyukjae's laughter or because of something else. Hyukjae gasps for air in between laughs and is able to make out the words, "Si--HAHAHAHAHA-WON--HAHAHAHAHHA!!!"  and does this gesture:

"AHAHAHAHA," you start laughing as well.

"And if you notice, when you call him while he's busy doing something, he has this funny reaction as well," Jongwoon laughs. "Here here, someone call me 'president-nim'."

"President-nim~~!" Donghee says, mimicking Ryeowook's voice.

"HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!" everyone laughs.

"YOU DO IT SO WELL, JONGWOON!!" Youngwoon guffaws.

You take a look at Jungsu who also is laughing heartily. This makes you heave a sigh of relief.

I must have been thinking too much earlier. He's just fine. :D

Poor Siwon though. xD Little does he know that people laugh at the very image he tries to create to make people revere him. At least he makes them happy. :P

You are near the school gate when you see Jessica walking by with another girl. 

Three... two... one...

"IT'S JESSICA~~!" Donghae sings as he clamps hold on your arm really tightly.

"Yeah, it's Jessica~ Hooray," you say monotonously, mocking Donghae. 

He quickly fixes his hair and changes his walk to a more manly swagger when she walks by.

"Hello, oppas~" Jessica and the other girl bow.

"Hey, Jessica!"

"Hey, Tiffany!"

Donghae opens his mouth to say hi to Jessica, but she walks past him. She tucks her hair behind her ear shyly and says to you in a soft voice, "Hi, oppa..."

"Uh, hi?" you respond. She quickly pulls the other girl with her and they both rush away giggling.

Ugh... women...

You all continue walking but Donghae catches your eye. He seems a bit hurt and his cheery stride disappeared.

Ask him if he's okay.

Ignore it.