Run for it!

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

"S-sorry, Jiwon, you must be mistaken," you say anxiously, keeping your eye on the exit. "I have to get back to them now."

You make a run for the door and out into the hallway.

"Haneul, wait!" you hear Jiwon calling.

You make your way through the lobby and out into the pebble gardens of the resort. You follow the path until you reach a small wooden door covered in ivy. You open it and quickly hide inside.

It's hot in here. o_O

You turn around and see Hangeng, Donghae, Heechul, Youngwoon, Hyukjae, Sungmin, Jungsu, and Kibum crowded inside with only towels covering their waists.

"Haneul~!" Donghae sings.

You quickly run back outside and shut the door.

I am dying. ;A;

You go around looking for a place to hide, but when you turn a corner, you bump into Mrs. Park.

"Oh, Ms. Haneul, Ms. Jiwon is looking for you," she says.

"U-uhh, I can't really---"

"It's okay, Ms. Haneul. I know about your secret."

"Y-you do?"

"From the moment you stepped into the lobby," she smiles. "Don't be afraid because Jiwon and I are here to help you out."

"R-really?"

"Neh, unnie," Jiwon says as she approaches. "Let's go to the private sauna so that the boys won't hear. Thank you, Mrs. Park."

You and Jiwon go to another side of the resort with its own private pool and facilities. Everything looks so elegant and modern, themed in wood and sand-colored beads.

"This is the private sauna. Whenever you come here again with the boys, you can just sneak in here so that you can enjoy the sauna and bath without having to worry about any guys," Jiwon says cheerfully.

"Thank you so much, Jiwon," you say really happily. "What would I do without you?"

 

In the sauna after explaining your situation to Jiwon...

"Ohhh, I see," Jiwon says fanning herself. "That's really brave of you. I don't think I could ever pull off something like that even if I had to."

"It's been really tough. Especially with boys like that around," you sigh. "I need to stop thinking like a girl. I'm not allowed to like anyone."

"But is there someone you like?"

"Uuuh... It doesn't matter because I can't really show my feelings. Things are complicated and I'm supposed to be a guy," you say, downcast.

"Omo, unnie, that's okay," she says patting your back. "I'm sure some kind of solution will turn up sooner or later..."

"I actually don't think so," you bite your lip. "It's just... really impossible for miracles to happen to me right now."

"Ahaha, don't start talking about stuff like that around my brother. He's not gonna stop talking," Jiwon laughs.

You laugh with her. "I've witnessed it on my first day at Seoul High." xD

"So who's the guy at the garden? The Flashlight guy. Have you found out who he was?"

"Nope... I can't seem to pull any strings about that either. He's the one who has always been helping me and giving me tips on how to act more manly so that I wouldn't appear gay-- even if he didn't know that I was a girl!"

"It must be pretty exciting to have a mystery man," Jiwon says dreamily.

"It actually is," you giggle. "It freaks me out though sometimes when I turn around to see if he's still walking behind me only to find that he had vanished or something."

"Omona, it's like something from a novel~ or better yet, a fanfiction!"

"Mhm," you nod.

I've been thinking about this in such a negative light when things actually seem pretty awesome in their own way. Everyday is a new challenge, bringing fresh excitement, and all I saw was myself slumped in a giant pit of green mud. It's all in the eye of the beholder. :D

"Thanks, Jiwon," you say. "for everything."

She looks at you and smiles. "Anytime, unnie. Just give me a ring if you need help with anything and I'll be there."

After your sauna and bath, Jiwon walks you back to the beachside cottage but on the way, you see a group of girls in swimsuits and they start waving at you. Oh no wait, they're waving at Jiwon.

"Jiwon-ah!" a girl in a leopard print bikini and funky diamond-decorated shades shouts waving both arms. The other girls call out similarly.

"Wah, Chaerin-unnie!! Hey, guys!" Jiwon greets, jogging over to them as you follow behind.

"Oh, Haneul oppa, you're here~" another girl in a checkered pink bikini says.

"... Oh, Jessica, it's you," you say. 

"What are you doing here? It's so nice to see you!" she says.

"I was sort of kidnapped by the guys so I don't really know," you chuckle.

"Those naughty boys," another girl in a black one piece says shaking her head.

"Oh, guys," Jiwon says. "This is Kim Haneul. He's from Seoul High like my brother. Girls, please introduce yourselves."

"You already know me," Jessica giggles twirling her hair around her finger.

"My name is Im Yoona," a familiar looking girl says. "I think we've met before as well. At the dance competition?"

"Ah, right! You're with Siw--President-nim, right?"

Yoona nods and smiles sweetly.

"My name is Sohee," another girl with fat cheeks says.

"No, she's mandu," says another girl in shorts and a lime green swimsuit top. "Oh, by the way, I'm Sunny. Pleased to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too, Sunny."

"I'm Son Gain," says the one in the black one-piece. "I hope we get along well."

"I'm sure we will," you say.

"And I am Sulli~" says the one who kind of resembles a Korean Snow White.

"Hi, Sulli~" you smile back.

"They're all from Ehwa like me although they're all in the senior batch while I'm a sophomore," Jiwon says. "Come on, let's go take you back to the guys, Haneul."

"Can we come with you?" Jessica asks.

"Sure, okay," you say.

 

BEACH COTTAGE

You reach the cottage to see the guys playing rowdily with each other. Youngwoon notices you coming and shouts, "YA, Haneul! Why didn't you join us at the sauna??"

"I had to do something else, hyung! But here are some girls from Ehwa who we bumped into on the way back."

"... You are forgiven, Kim Haneul!!!!" he shouts grinning.

"Hi, Jessica~!" Donghae waves.

Jessica smiles and waves back, "Hello, oppa!" She whispers to you, "What's his name again?"

"Donghae."

"Ah, right. xD Sorry, I forgot."

"Guys, gather round," Jiwon says. "There's a reason why you are all here today. We're going to have some games."

"Great!!!" Hangeng says as the guys return to the shore and gather around Jiwon.

Mrs. Park appears-- somewhat out of nowhere-- and hands Jiwon a megaphone. She holds it up to and starts to speak,

"Good afternoon, Ehwa and Seoul High!"

"WOOOOO!!!" they cheer.

"This is a secret event that the Asian Fusion resort has been experimenting on. We will be playing the familiar game CHICKEN FIGHT (or horse fight, whatever you want to call it)!"

"I LOVE THAT GAME," Youngwoon shouts.

"HAHA, neh!!" Jiwon laughs back. "The guys will be formed into two groups, namely: GROUP 1: Jongwoon, Hangeng, Donghae, and Haneul!"

The four of you cheer as you go to each other to form your group.

"GROUP 2: Sungmin, Youngwoon, Kibum, and... we need one more person. Either Jungsu, Heechul or Hyukjae."

"I just want to watch," Jungsu says. "I already have a girlfriend."

"Really? o: " you say.

"Hyukjae can do it. I'm just going to MC the thing," Heechul says.

"Okay, hyung," Hyukjae says going over to group 2.

"As for the girls, you'll be riding on the guys' backs," Jiwon instructs.

The girls start giggling, "Really?!"

"NEH~ Anyway, to give more inspiration to the gentlemen who will have to bear your "weight", this will be in tournament style so in the end, guys from the same group may have to fight each other. Aaaand the guy who wins will get to go on a free dinner date tonight at the resort with his choice of girl~"

"WOOOAHHHH!" the guys say.

"YAAA! Wait, Hyukkie, let me do it instead of you, arasso?" Heechul suddenly says. He goes over to Hyukjae and drags him out of group 2. "I'LL DO IT IN HIS PLACE!"

Hyukjae just grins at him and gets dragged. "Okay, hyung."

"Let's get started! First pair, into the water!"

Sungmin turns on the stereo in the cottage and blasts some music.

 

CHICKEN TOURNAMENT ROUND 1:

Jongwoon VS Sungmin                  Hangeng VS Youngwoon                 Kibum VS Haneul                  Donghae VS Heechul

"We are now here at the Asian Fusion beach and up first is Jongwoon and Sungmin!" Heechul says enthusiastically while holding up a branch covered in seaweed like a microphone.

"Neh, everyone's very excited and so are we, right, hyung?" Hyukjae says, holding a conch shell up to his mouth.

"Ya, what's that thing you have for a microphone?" Heechul asks.

"It's a conch! Here listen," he says as he puts it up to Heechuls ear... and shouts, "BABO!!!"

"WOOAH! That thing is cool! It says the magic words for you, Hyukjae!"

"No, it only says something that describes the person listening to it. Anyway, Sunny is riding on Sungmin's shoulders and Gain is riding on Jongwoon's."

"Are they heavy?"

"No, the guys look like they're not carrying anything at all although Jongwoon is sweating already."

"AAAAND THE ROUND HAS STARTED!"

"What kind of chicken fight is this? Even the guys are trying to make each other fall down!"

"... Ah well, that ended quickly. Black-belter Sungmin wins!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For the next round, we have another black-belter!" Heechul says.

"Oh, that's the guy who flew in from China to challenge Korea's #1 barbarian, right?"

"Neh, that's right, Hyukjae! Hangeng VS Youngwoon! Who will win this fight? The smart fighter or the guy who just throws his hits around and ends up punching everything?"

"I pity the girls. Yoona is riding on Youngwoon and Sulli is riding on Hangeng!"

"Oh, Youngwoon almost lost his balance there. He is fighting the great Chinese martial artists Hangeng after all."

"WOH, what a turn of events!! Youngwoon the barbarian wins over Hangeng!!!"

"WOOOOHHH!!!" Youngwoon shouts with his arms in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, now things are getting more interesting," Heechul says. "Loner and student council member Kibum is up against Korea's #1 cool guy, Haneul!!"

"Jessica is riding on Haneul and Chaerin is riding on Kibum! Haneul looks like he's having a bit of a hard time with Jessica's weight. Maybe I should help him."

"Don't say things you have no chance to do, Hyukjae."

Hyukjae lowers his face pretending to be downcast but still grinning.

"Kibum is a nice opponent! He's not doing anything to make Haneul fall!"

"Oh, he just did something... KIBUM WINS THIS ROUND!"

~~~~~

"So everyone, my other MC left me because he went to fight in this around against Donghae, the fish," Hyukjae says. "The man who is prettier than a girl, Heechul, has Sohee on his back along with a big smile on his face. It's Jessica's second time to ride on someone's back now and she's riding on Donghae fishy! Let's see how they're doing. Heechul, are you okay??"

"Yeah, I thought that she would be lighter but... what did you eat, Sohee?" Heechul chuckles.

Sohee just covers her face with her hands and quietly says, "Mianhae, oppa."

"It's okay, Sohee, I was just kidding," Heechul grins.

"Jessica," Donghae says. "Let's win this!"

"Neh, oppa!"

"Unlike Haneul, Donghae seems to be carrying nothing! He's probably a whale deep down instead of a fish. Oh, the round has started! Sohee who seems to be quiet is actually pretty aggressive when it comes to games like these although before they started, she bowed to Jessica for respect! Now we know that she bowed as if to say 'Sorry but I'm going to make you lose, unnie.' Wait, what's this?? What's going on???"

Suddenly the music changes to an oldie love song. Heechul goes even closer to Donghae and whispers, "Saranghae."

Donghae whispers back, "Nado saranghae." (Trans: I love you too.)

"WHAT IS THIS???" Hyukjae yells as Heechul caresses Donghae's face while the girls try to fight their way to winning even though they are laughing like crazy.

"Omo, Heechul is losing it!! HE FELL AND DROPPED SOHEE BACKWARDS INTO THE WATER! Aish, Heechul, this is why you have a hard time getting girls," Hyukjae announces.

"YA, I don't!" Heechul shouts back at him. "Mianhae, Sohee," he says helping her get back up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

CHICKEN TOURNAMENT ROUND 2: SEMI-FINALS

Sungmin VS Donghae              Youngwoon VS Kibum

 

RESULTS: Donghae                          Kibum

~~~~~

"Now we're up to the final round! Behind me are all the other guys who lost their chance of getting a date with their favorite girl, and this includes my co-MC Heechul," Hyukjae says. "Heechul, how does it feel to be a loser?"

"In my heart, my favorite girl will always be there so it doesn't feel so bad," Heechul says dramatically. "I can still feel her heavy weight on my shoulders."

"Yeah, you can say that because you're used to losing. Anyway, now it's just Donghae versus Kibum!"

"Riding on them, we have the two toughest girls from Ehwa! Chaerin and Gain!"

"These girls are so talented I think they'll become famous one day," Hyukjae says.

"Yes, I think so too. For now though, who will win? Female French-style rapper Chaerin or Gain, the y girl who doesn't care what she looks like when eating?"

"Let's wait and see!"

"The round has started. Donghae and Kibum seem to have a certain fire in their eyes. As if they want to eat each other up," Heechul says. "This is pretty unusual for Kibum since we've only met him yesterday and he was always the quiet type who doesn't care about the world."

"Looks like he has his man urges as well. This is probably the most intense fight we have seen today!"

"I think it's because it's the final fight."

"Ah, right."

"Kibum is just standing still and keeping his ground while Donghae is trying to manouever himself so that Kibum falls down first!"

"That punk, haha."

"Oh, the girls are really wild and they seem quite strong but they're on the same weight category as the other."

"Like in boxing?"

"No, like in ballet."

"Donghae is falling!"

"AH, at the last second, he is able to make Kibum lose his balance too!"

...

"So who won this one?" Hyukjae asks.

"I don't really know. They both fell at the same time," Heechul says.

"Let's ask Ms. Jiwon, our boss, what the results should be."

"Ms. Jiwon-nim, what do you think?" Heechul says, handing over the branch to Jiwon.

She takes it and says, "It's a draw! This means that both Kibum and Donghae get to choose which girls they want to have as their dinner date tonight! Congratulations, guys!!!"

Everyone gives them a round of applause.

"So Donghae, who will you ask?" Hyukjae inquires, giving him the conch shell.

Donghae shyly walks over to Jessica. "Jessica? We won the first round together which enabled me to get through the next rounds. Will you have dinner with me?"

"OOOOHHHHH!" the crowd says.

Jessica glances around her until her eyes meet yours. You smile and nod. She looks back at Donghae then bites her lip and says, "Okay."

Everyone cheers.

"How about you, Kibum? Have you chosen your dinner date?" Heechul asks, handing him the branch.

Kibum spaces out for a bit, then says, "I'll see later."

"Awww, okay," Heechul says. "Kim Kibum is still deciding which of these lovely ladies he should take out for dinner. Aish, it's such a hard decision to make in the first place."

"Oh, Heechul, look who's coming this way!"

"Is that a horse? No, it's student president, Choi Siwon!" Heechul says.

"Hey, guys," Siwon says. "How was your tournament?"

"It was fun, except for the part where only the 2 guys who won get a free dinner with their choice of girl," Youngwoon says.

"Well, what's stopping you from asking them out yourselves?" Siwon chuckles.

"... He's got a point," Youngwoon says to the others.

"Anyway, I was just checking on you guys. I still have a lot to attend to."

"Wait! Oppa, let's take pictures first!" Jiwon says.

"Oh, alright. Just one."

The fishy, the horse, and the turtle

Siwon quickly regains composure afterwards. "I'll be going ahead now, guys," he waves with his arm in a perfect 90 degree angle.

Hyukjae trying hard

 

Hangeng and Jungsu

The girls had dressed up while the guys hogged Jiwon's camera. This is one of the stolen shots:

Enjoy your time with friends until the sun starts to set...