The Date c/o Donghae

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

"Um, okay... let me think..." Donghae says as he writes on a piece of paper. The sun has now disappeared halfway behind the horizon.

"Finished," he says, giving you the list.

------------------------------------

Fishy's List of Date Stuff:

- soccer

-ice cream

- action movie

- Mokpo

------------------------------------

._.

"WHY IS YOUR LIST LIKE THIS???" you shout.

"You asked me what I wanted to do with Jessica for our date tomorrow..."

"I was implying the things you wanted to do that she might also want to do! Not things you want to do... with her... AISH, even I'm confusing myself now! Let's go over your list, arasso?"

Donghae nods and leans in closer to look at what you'll write on the paper. You look at him just as he looks at you. His face is just a few inches away from yours. You feel your cheeks get hot, and you look away swallowing the lump in your throat.

"D-don't go too close to me. Are you even a guy??" you say, trying to hide your nervousness.

"S-sorry..." Donghae bites his lip.

You sigh and go back to explaining. This time, Donghae keeps his distance around 2 feet away from your face.

"First and foremost... WHY would you want to play soccer on your date?" you ask, feeling hopeless about this fishy's ability to interact with girls.

"I love playing soccer. Soccer is fun. She'll probably have fun playing soccer too!"

"Your analogies are sh#t."

"Tsk, don't curse!" he clamps his hand over your mouth.

"MMPFFHM!!" you try to get his hand off of your mouth. You almost get it off but then another hand attacks from behind you and lands smack in the middle of your face.

Donghae laughs heartily and teases, "No cursiiiing~ I won't let go until you promise not to say $... I mean, bad words. xD" You try to claw his hands off your face but at the back of your mind, something keeps on nagging, "Doesn't this feel like he's cradling you? He's practically hugging you!" To which you shout back in your head, HE IS NOT!! HE IS FRIKKIN TRYING TO SHUT ME UP. THAT'S ALL!

At the same time, you can't help but grin like crazy. He IS cute, after all.

You are able to twist your torso around so that you're face to face with Donghae. Like you, he also has a wide playful grin on his face that goes away when you blink at each other.

"Ahem," he says. "Sorry."

"It's okay."

...

"Anyway," you continue, trying to change the focus of the situation. "Um.. um, ice cream! Ice cream is good."

"Really?" he grins in the potential brilliance of his idea, as though no awkward moment happened earlier.

"Mhm. Keep that on the list," you read on. "Action movie??"

"I know that people usually would go for romantic movies but I think that might be too cheesy," he says matter-of-factly, so sure that he makes perfect practical sense.

"Well, just so you know, not all girls like action movies on dates. If you don't want it to be too mushy, why not watch a horror movie?"

There is a glint of shock and fear in his eyes and he looks down at his hands. He bites his lip and says, "I... I don't like horror movies so much..."

"Wae? Silent Hill is awesome!"

"I don't like ghosts..."

... "Oh, right." You remember that time when you stayed in Donghae's room because Hyukjae was drunk and you mentioned a freaky story to the poor fishy.

"Well, we'll think of something else to watch. Maybe there's a cartoon showing or something. AH! Watch Shrek!!"

"Shrek?"

"Neh! I saw a poster of it a few days ago. It's now showing."

"What's it about?"

"An... ogre... who falls in love." xD

... "That sounds cool~" Donghae sings. "We'll watch that then!"

"What's next... Mokpo? Donghae, why do you want to take her to Mokpo?" =_= I mean, yeah I get that we're both from the place but still...

"I always told myself that I want to tour my future girlfriend around our hometown~"

"But it's frikkin 3-5 hours away from here. And what if she gets motion sickness? She's not even your girlfriend yet!"

"I'm sure she's the one for me. Really, I'm sure," he says.

"Well, soulmate or not, cross Mokpo out of your list for now because it's gonna take too long. Maybe for an overnight trip in the future, that could do."

You guys think of other things to do and Donghae writes them all down accordingly in his piece of paper.

"Meeting place tomorrow 2pm at Frost Bites arasso?" you say tapping your wrist.

"OH-KAY!" Donghae shouts in fail English. "Thanks, Haneul-ah~"

 

May 4, Tuesday, 2pm: FROST BITES

When you walk into the cafe, Donghae is sitting on a bar chair...

Okay, maybe not sitting. PLAYING.

"Annyeong~" he greets you. "This is fun. Come join me, Haneul~~"

=_= "Where are the girls?"

"Not yet here. In movies, girls are always late, right? So I'm just gonna sit here and wait..."

Okayyy Donghaee...

You sit on a bar chair beside him and do what he's doing on his bar stool. "This is quite fun," you admit. xD

"Seeeee??"

After some time, the girls arrive.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Jessica greets as she enters the ice cream parlor.

"Haneul~~" Jiwon sings, skipping alongside her.

"Hey, guys," you wave.

"H-hi," Donghae stutters. Jessica looks dainty and pretty in her pink floral dress and pearl headband. Jiwon, who is sporting a pair of shorts and an oversized sweater, looks just as amazing. Donghae squeezes your arm.

"Ow," you glare at him. "Wae?"

"She's soooo prettyyyy~" he whispers as they come closer.

"Let's eat?" Jiwon says.

You nod. "Let's sit at one of the booths." You sit beside Donghae and Jiwon sits beside Jessica across from both of you.

"You look great, Haneul," Jiwon says.

"Ah, thanks. So do you."

Donghae just sits nervously smiling at Jessica. She notices this and smiles back. Donghae's smile turns into a childish grin and he blushes a bit and looks down at his hands.

A waitress comes to your table.

"Haneul oppa, what are you getting?" Jessica asks.

"Hmmm... I'll have a banana split with graham crackers and frozen grapes."

"I'll have the strawberry ice cream with strawberries and cream with chocolate syrup," Donghae says.

"Can I get a triple scoop Island Plummage?" Jiwon tells the waitress.

"I'll have what Haneul oppa is having," Jessica smiles.

You notice that Donghae blinks and the smile on his face falters for a second. But then again you might have just been overanalyzing.
Soon, your orders arrive and Donghae tries to start a conversation with the girls.

"Do you play soccer?"

Jessica lights up, "Yeah, I love soccer!"

._. That was unexpected.

Donghae gives you a look that said "I TOLD YOU SO." You just roll your eyes at him and focus on Jiwon while the two lovebirds chirp together.

"So how's your ahem going?" Jiwon asks discreetly.

"My ahem?"

"Neh. You know... remember when I lent you my... stuff?"

"AH. MY AHEM. It's getting pretty bizarre," you lean close to whisper. "Someone found out."

"WHO????" she shouts, catching Donghae's and Jessica's attention.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asks.

"Ah, nothing nothing!" you grin as you loosen your collar. They turn back to each other and you lean nearer to Jiwon's ear. "Cho Kyuhyun."

"MWO???????"

"SHHHH, it's nothing~" you tell the couple beside you. "We were just talking about her brother."

"Ah, okay," Donghae says turning back to Jessica.

"Let's just talk about this later," you tell Jiwon.

You all leave the ice cream parlor and then go to the mall.

 

MALL

"What do you guys wanna do?" you ask.

"Let's go shopping for a while~" Jessica sings.

OTL NOOOOO...

"Okay..." you slump along as they walk around the stores.

"GASP! That dress is so cute~ Let's go inside!" Jessica exclaims.

Donghae tails behind her and they browse the clothes with Jiwon. You sit on the first chair you see.

"Ahhh... comfort..."

Jiwon comes to you and shows you a pretty white dress.

"Do you like it?" she asks you.

"Yeah, it's cute. It'll look good on you."

"It's not for me," she says.

You raise an eyebrow. She wiggles hers. You mouth the word, "NO" and shake your head enthusiastically.  She just sighs and goes back to browsing.

Jessica now has a bunch of clothes with her and she is going into the dressing room. After a while, she comes out and twirls around.

"Wah, you look so pretty," Donghae says.

Jessica giggles and looks at you, "What do you think, Haneul oppa?"

"You look nice," you reply with a little smile. 

Dresses look perfect on her. ;AAAA; I'm jealous.

After several other dresses and after 38 years (No, maybe just 3 hours), she decides to buy them all. Donghae offers to pay for the clothes. She glances at you and then thanks him with a sweet smile. When Jiwon is finished paying for her clothes, you go to the cinema.

"Why aren't there any romance movies?" Jiwon says. "Tsk."

"There's Shrek," you point out.

"I don't really want to watch a cartoon..." Jessica says.

"How about Mission Impossibeul?" Donghae suggests. You see him crossing his fingers behind his back.

"No... not interested in that either. AH! Let's watch 'The Ring'!" Jessica chirps.

You glance at Donghae who is staring at his feet. He notices you and bites his lip nervously.

"Really? You like scary movies?" he asks Jessica.

"Neh~ It's one of the best things to watch on a date," she says.

"Yeah, let's go watch 'The Ring'," Jiwon says.

"You're sure you guys don't want to watch anything else?" Donghae asks nervously.

The two girls nod. Donghae gulps down a lump in his throat and takes a deep breath. "Okay, let's go get tickets."

You and Donghae go to the ticket booth while the girls go get popcorn.

"Donghae, are you okay?" you ask.

He slowly nods his head. "For her, I'll do it."

-_-

"Okay then."

You enter the cinema and Donghae goes first in the row. Jessica sits next to him. You sit next to Jessica and Jiwon sits beside you. Before the movie even starts, you see Donghae with both his hands resting under his chin. After a few more minutes, he moves his hands up to his mouth. Then his nose. He seems to be sinking backwards into his seat.

"Donghae, are you okay?" Jessica asks.

"Neh..."

She turns to you and sees you looking in her direction. She smiles at you and then turns back to the movie.

Did she think I was looking at her? I wasn't. o_O Ah, never mind.

Sadako begins to creep out of the well. People in the movie house begin to scream. One of them is Donghae who is now covering his whole face with his hands. Jessica screams as well and suddenly holds your hand. You look at her wide-eyed. She doesn't notice this and continues focusing on the movie screen. Confused and not knowing what to do, you turn to Jiwon but she is busy munching on popcorn with her eyes glued to the girl in the white dress with long black hair. You decide to let it slide.

After a while, you notice that Donghae is now holding Jessica's other hand.

Good. I'm safe now.

You try to loosen your hand from Jessica's but another shocker appears on the screen and she squeezes your hand tighter.

I give up. =_=

After the movie ends, you go out for dinner. 

 

RESTAURANT

You each order meals and wait for the food.

"The movie was so awesome!!" Jiwon says.

"Yeah, it was actually," you agree.

"It was so scary~" Jessica says.

"How did you cope, Donghae?" you ask.

"I didn't see the movie," he grins, scratching his head, embarassed. This induces laughter in everyone and you all continue to joke about funny experiences in movie houses. The waiter comes with your food and you start eating. Everyone continues chatting while spooning Western food into their mouths and you get to the topic of love lives.

"Jessica," Donghae starts. "Do you have someone you like?"

She looks up as if to think and then nods slowly. "Neh. How about you?"

"Yeah, I do too. I've liked her for more than a year."

"Oh really? Who is she?" she pretends to be clueless.

"Hm, you'll find out sooner or later," he smiles.

"How about you, Haneul?" Jiwon asks. "Do you have someone you like?"

You nod your head but keep your eyes on your food. "How about you?" you ask.

"Well, yeah, but I haven't finished asking you yet!" she says.

You raise your eyebrows at her.

"It's no use. We're impossible," you say.

"Well, I can help you if you want."

"Nah... I'll be fine. Just living my life forgetting about that person," you take a sip of water, trying to hide from the world with the glass you're lifting up to your face. 

Jiwon shrugs and says, "Do you guys know anyone named Kwon Jiyong?"

You spray out the water you had just drank on Jiwon. "Oh my god, I'm sorry!" You proceed to wipe Jiwon's face with a table napkin.

"It's okay." =_= "What's with the negative reaction?"

"Sorry, I was just surprised. I've met him already. WE'VE met him already," you say turning to Donghae.

"Really?" Donghae says.

"That kid at the band auditions who rapped like crazy."

"OOOHHHH!!!!!!" Donghae exclaims. "YOU LIKE THAT KID???"

"He's not a kid! We're the same age!!" Jiwon says.

"Okayyy..." you say.

"He's soooo cute~ And talented! He's a YG Entertainment trainee and he has this other friend named Dong Youngbae who's also cute and sings really well but I like Jiyong more. I'm more into rappers. Ehehehe~ They haven't even debuted yet but they've got a big fanbase now~ They're called GDYB."

"Why GD?" Donghae asks.

"He calls himself G-Dragon."

"What's G in G-Dragon? Green Dragon? Gogi Dragon?" Donghae guesses.

Jiwon almost smacks him on the head. "NO!"

"Well, what is it?" Donghae tilts his head.

"... Actually, I don't know either but it's certainly neither Green nor GOGI." =_=

"Eheheh, your Gogi Dragon~" you tease. "Does your Gogi dragon know you exist?"

"Yeah! He waved at me when me and my friends were outside the YG building and he passed by."

"Sounds more to me like 'He waved at his sasaeng fans' while he passed by and you happened to be in the direction of the wave," you snicker.

"AISH, KIM HANEUL, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS."

"We are, aren't we?" you grin. "This is the way I show my affection."

"GAH... men," Jiwon rolls her eyes. You both laugh heartily at that. Donghae and Jessica just laugh along as if they got the inside joke.

After dinner, you walk the girls back to their school gates. You go to Jiwon.

"I wasn't able to tell you about ahem. Sorry. Next time, next time," you say.

"It's okay," she replies. "That just means that we had a lot of fun today that you forgot about that totally."

"Thanks for today, Jiwon," you hug her.

"Thanks too. Take care of yourself, okay? Keep your ahem to yourself." She pats you on the back.

You glance at Donghae and Jessica.

"I had a great time, Donghae. Thanks for inviting us out," Jessica says.

"So did I," he smiles. "Let's go out again another time."

She nods. "Let's go out again with Haneul and Jiwon~"

Donghae pauses a bit and then chuckles. He nods back.

"Thanks so much, Haneul oppa," she says to you. She waves shyly. "See you again next time~"

Jessica and Jiwon go into the Ehwa gates while you and Donghae stroll back to Seoul High.

"I had so much fun~ Thanks so much, Haneul~" he glomps you.

"Neh neh, whatever," you chuckle.

"Seriously, you're the best. Jessica and I had moments all dayyyy~" he sings as he skips beside you.

"Oh, really? Like what?"

"We were holding hands in the movie, and we had great talks and stuff~"

She was holding my hand too. o_O Didn't he notice?

"Ah, really? That's great! Looks like you're getting somewhere."

"I was kinda disappointed when she said you and Jiwon were gonna come with us on our next date though, but it's okay. You're my wingman after all."

"Haha, yeah... wingman..."

It is 10 in the evening when you reach the school dorms. Donghae goes inside to sleep. You stick outside for a little while. Then you hear a door open again and a tall handsome guy in gym clothes walks out.

"Kim Haneul!" he grins. "Let's go exercise!"

._.

"Okay, Si-- I mean, president-nim."

"Maybe next time. I'm pretty tired, president-nim."