Finding the One

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

Kyuhyun stands up all of a sudden. "No. I can't be like this. I can't soften up because of some girl. Don't talk to me ever again." He says as he leaves you on the roofdeck alone.

You sit up, stunned.

"Wow, Kyuhyun. Just... wow." : /

 

May 3, Monday, Vocalist Audition Day: DANCE STUDIO

You are now in the dance studio with your bandmates finishing up the preparations for the auditions. While you brief Youngwoon  (AGAIN) about the process, Ryeowook enters the room.

"So they sing one song and then we make them learn this song on the spot while I play acoustic for them?" Youngwoon asks.

"YES," you say, exasperated. "Finally you get it."

"ARASSOOOH," he shouts as he picks up his guitar.

Jungsu fixes the papers and Sungmin takes his place at the panel's table. Heechul greets Ryeowook. "YA, WOOKIEEEE, thank you so much for your song man!! It's awesomely awesome, baby, come touch me man!!"

Ryeowook awkwardly smiles and responds to Heechul's high five invitation.

Heechul is half surprised. "Omo, this guy is actually pretty okay when he's not in ultra nerd rage mode."

You go outside and call the first person in.

A tall and tan muscular guy enters holding a stereo.

"Annyeong," he says.

"Aren't you a teacher here??" Youngwoon points out.

"Well, just hear me sing," he says, flipping his hair.

He turns on the song and plays his music. He starts to dance as well.

"Teacher, please go and audition at Korea's Got Talent. Not here. You're good though," Heechul says.

"NEXT!"

A kid comes in.

"What is this?" Heechul says. "Ya, kid, this isn't an audition for Grade School Musical. Go out and call the hyung who's supposed to come next."

"Ya, I'm a freshman high school student, okay?" the kid replies, folding his hands over his chest.

You and Heechul exchange glances. Jungsu says, "Show us what you got."

The kid starts to rap.

After he finishes, all of you have your mouths open in amazement. 

"What's your name, kid?" Jungsu asks.

"Kwon Jiyong. But I call myself G-Dragon."

"He's REALLY GOOD," Sungmin says. Ryeowook nods.

"Neh," Heechul agrees. "But we're gonna have to say no to you because we're looking for a band singer. Not a rapper. But still, I think you're going to hit Korea with a big BANG."

"I'm already a trainee at JYP so it's no biggie, hyung," Jiyong replies. "Just wanted to see people's reactions when I blow their minds away. Good luck with that contest!" He waves as he leaves.

"I actually like that kid," Heechul says. "NEXT!!"

 

After several other guys audition...

"I can't believe you haven't chosen yet, Wookie," you say. "Some of those guys were good!"

"But they won't bring out what I want to for the song..." he says. "I'm sorry if it's getting troublesome."

"GUUUUYSSS~" a familiar voice sings as someone strides into the studio. "Can I hang around here? I'm bored."

"ANI--" Youngwoon starts to say.

"YES, you can, Donghae," you interrupt.

"Hooray~! I'm gonna sit beside you, Haneul-ah." Then he whispers, "Let's talk after this."

"About what?"

"Tell you later," he says.

A head slowly peeks into the room.

"Oh, it's you guys. What's happening here?" Jongwoon says, stepping into the studio.

"NOTHING REALLY," Youngwoon says. "AHAHAH, we're just having a private meeting."

"Wait," Ryeowook says. "Let him try out."

"REALLY??" Sungmin asks. "You're sure??"

"Neh," Ryeowook replies. "I want to hear this guy sing."

Jongwoon stands by the table, clueless. "What?"

"Jongwoon," you say. "Can you sing for us? Sing any song."

"Am I dreaming? Someone's really asking me to sing?" he blinks.

"NEH!" you all shout.

"GO SING!" Sungmin says as he takes a sip of water.

"Okay... I'm gonna sing something I composed... Please don't laugh."

As soon as he starts singing, Sungmin sprays out the water he drank through his mouth. Jongwoon just continues. You can't take your eyes off him.

I did NOT expect this. O_O

After he finishes the whole song, the studio is as silent as a church.

Heechul breaks the silence by saying, "I... I think I dropped my jaw and now I can't find it."

"It was bad, wasn't it?" Jongwoon says softly.

"MWO??? NO!! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECTEU BARITONEU!!" Youngwoon shouts. "OHMY GAD!!"

"What's a baritoneu?"

Jungsu stands up and claps. All of you do the same.

"I... I..." Jongwoon's voice cracks.

"This is the first time anyone has ever appreciated my singing..." he tears up.

Ryeowook stands up and gives him a hug. "This is the first time anyone has ever liked my compositions," he says.

"Honestly though, Jongwoon, your singing used to back then," Heechul says. "WHAT DID YOU EAT THAT MADE YOU LIKE THIS???"

"Guys... I honestly think..." Jungsu sighs. Then he looks straight at Jongwoon. "That we can win this competition," he winks.

"WOOOOHH!!!!" everyone cheers and squishes Jongwoon in a group hug.

"Auditions are closed, everyone!" Sungmin says. "We found our guy."

"Psst. Haneul," Donghae taps your shoulder. He motions with his head toward the door.

"Oh okay, let's leave secretly."

 

ROOFDECK

You walk with Donghae up to the roofdeck and you sit at your usual place on the ledge with him. Memories of Kyuhyun from last night flash back into your mind.

"Haneul?" Donghae interrupts your train of thought.

"Ah, neh?"

"You were spacing out for a moment there. Everything alright?"

"Huh? Ahah, neh, I'm fine..."

"Okay, if you say so," he says. Both of you watch the sunset from atop the roof as the wind blows in your hair. "Hey, Haneul..."

"Hm?"

"You remember Jessica, right?"

"Neh. Why?"

"I finally asked her out," he grins from ear to ear.

"Congratulations on that achievement, fishy," you grin.

Now that he's gonna have a girl, I won't have to worry about my feelings falling anymore...

"So..." you continue. "Is that all?"

Donghae bites his lip. "Well... Can you come with me on the date?"

._. "You've gotta be kidding me, right?"

"HEY! You promised! Remember that time when you couldn't sleep because of Hyukjae and you knocked on my door?"

=_= And I thought fish had short term memory loss.

"Okay okay, fine, I promised. So what's your plan? Is it gonna be a group date or do I just... you know, drop hints for you or something?"

"Actually, she wanted it to be a group date so she's bringing Jiwon along. Jiwon asked if you could come too."

"Oh really?" you grin. "Alright, that's fine with me."

"But-- but Haneul," he holds your arms. "You have to help me, okay?"

"Arasso. Let's do our best. When is this date gonna be?"

"Tomorrow."

"Aish, this guy telling me at such late notice... Fine, just knock on my door. Anything else you want to ask me?" 

"AH AH! If I do this, will it work on girls? Look at me carefully."

... I think a part of me just died. -////-

"N-neh, that'll do just fine. Save your skills for Jessica, okay?"

He grins. "Arasso, arasso." He stretches his arms up high and goes back to slouching. In your mind, you sigh.

I wish I could date a nice guy too...

You bite your lip. When you glance at Donghae, you find him looking at you, also biting his lip. Your mind somehow enhances the image into a certain... fantasy...

WHAT IS WROOOOOONG WITH MY BRAAAAAAINNNNN????!!!!

"Haneul, you're hitting your head with your fist again," Donghae says.

You snap out of it. He asks, "Why do you do that all the time?"

"Mwo? I don't do it all the time..."

"You dooo."

You try to change the subject. "Oh, Donghae, how old is Jessica?"

He makes a face at you. "Don't try to change the subject, Haneul."

"I don't hit my head all the time. Can we please talk about something else?" you say.

He sighs, then chuckles. "You know, in some ways, you're more feminine than masculine, Haneul-ah."

"Like what???" O_O

"The way you're so indecisive. The way you hit your head. The way you smile."

Am I gonna be found out AGAIN??

You gulp. "Ahahah, is that so?..."

"If you were a girl, you'd probably be really cute. But you're not. So I win by default. :3 "

Stupid fishy. =_= I AM a girl.

He grins at you and says, "I wonder what we can do tomorrow..."

"YOU STILL HAVE NO PLAN???" OTL

"No..."

Mental *facepalm*. Donghae, no wonder you don't have a girlfriend.

Donghae, write down a list of things you want to do with her tomorrow for the date.

Donghae, I'm going to teach you starting from the beginning, you silly fish.