What is man? What is perfect? What is watermelon?

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

You, Heechul, Donghee and Donghae follow Siwon and Kibum as they go through the dorm lobby and out towards the other side. 

"Observe," Heechul whispers in an Australian accent. "The subject of our study. Mankind as they should have been."

You shoot him a weird look. Donghee and Donghae just shrug their shoulders.

Heechul continues, not dropping the accent, "Watch the way they walk. That manly gait, oozing with testosterone, b with confidence. The way they move their shoulders from side to side with every stride. The upright posture so statuesque that it makes me seem gay saying all of this..." 

Donghee and Donghae shoot Heechul a weird surprised look. 

"BUT ALAS!!!" Heechul exclaims, startling all of you. "I am but a lowly scientist not ready to meet the gaze of these superior creatures."

Donghee leans over to you and whispers, "I would tell him to stop role-playing already but it makes me feel less of a creep that he's doing a commentary while we observe Siwon and Kibum." 

"BUT I'M A CREEEEEP!!!" Heechul bursts out again. "I'M A WEIRDOOOOOOOOO~~~~"

"WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE??" Donghae joins in. 

"I DON'T BELONG HERE~~~!!" they both sing, arms over each other's shoulders. 

(=_=)   ( =__= )

^ you and Donghee

"I'm surprised Siwon hasn't noticed us yet," you remark. 

"True true," nods Donghee. 

 

LIBRARY

You and the three boys have followed Siwon and Kibum into the library. All of you are now sitting with books covering your faces so that you could discreetly continue your observations for the choreography. 

Siwon and Kibum are sitting at the table in front of you, both going through news articles and the like. 

"Ahem ahem," Heechul quietly clears his throat and whispers. "From this observation, we can conclude that perfect men do not slouch. They sit up straight in their chairs."

"What happened to your accent?" Donghae whispers in reply.

"Oh, sorry," Heechul says. His accent comes up again as he continues, "If you take a look at the way Siwon positions his legs when he sits, it looks like a number 4. His arms form a 90 degree angle as he turns the pages of whatever that boring manly adult stuff he's reading."

As if on que, Siwon turns his head to look behind him. Quickly, the four of you lift your books up higher to cover your faces. After a while, Siwon goes back to his reading and you can relax again. 

Heechul, his eyes peeping just over the top edge of the book, continues, "The creature somehow knows..." 

"I thought he was supposed to be the perfect man? Why is he now a 'creature'?" you whisper.

"All men are creatures, but some are more superior than others," he explains in a Gandhi-like voice. "Look at the other man creature beside him-- the seemingly anti-social one in glasses. He sits in a less comfortable manner with both feet planted on the ground beside each other, his knees never going too far apart, and his eyes never losing focus of the pages that lie before him..." 

"How are you able to see his eyes?" you question, puzzled.

"I have man-ray vision." 

"... Oh."

You watch closely as Kibum his finger before turning the next page. Somehow, your heart starts to beat faster and you pray that in the quiet of the library, no one could hear it. Donghae looks at you all of a sudden as if he heard your thoughts. You look at him wide-eyed. 

He just smiles at you, closing his eyes as he does so in a very child-like manner, then goes back to observing Siwon and Kibum who are now standing up from their seats. 

You and the rest of the gang scuttle away before they could notice you. 

 

STUDENT COUNCIL ROOM

No, not really. More like outside it. From the window. 

You and your merry band of comrades peek through as you watch Siwon and Kibum have lunch. 

"Watch as they carefully measure the amount of rice needed for each chopstick-ful so that there is not one grain that falls from in between the two sticks," Heechul says, looking through his binoculars. "Seemingly, they are..."

You are too distracted to hear the rest of what Heechul is saying because they are eating barbequed pork with kimchi jjigae. 

...

D: 

I'm hungry...

Kibum seems alerted by something. He looks out the window. 

All of you duck, just as the gardener passes by. He looks at you very strangely and shakes his head. "Kids these days..." 
 

After an hour or so... 

ROOM 101

Siwon and Kibum have gone inside the enclosed room of the student council which rendered them unobservable. Now, you and the boys are back in your dorm room. Heechul is lying down with his arms behind his head on his bed with Donghee. You are slumped on your bed with Donghae sitting beside you.

"So... what now?" you ask.

"We analyze," Heechul says, making a weird Naruto-like hand gesture. 

"Analyze?" Donghae tilts his head. 

"Based on their movements, let's make a story in the song as well!" Donghee suggests. 

"Hey, I like that!" Heechul says. "What kind of story?"

"About different types of guys in the world as compared to the 'perfect man' example which we've observed from Siwon and Kibum," Donghee explains. "Something similar to that."

"So it's like we're saying," Donghae says. "If we don't act like that, then we're not really 'perfect men'?" 

"There should be an overall message we're giving out, I think," you point out.

"Should we make this like some sort of parody of a 'perfect man'?" Heechul thinks out loud. 

"Are Siwon and Kibum even perfect to begin with?" you wonder aloud. 

This makes the boys think twice. 

"Is perfection relative to the person who sees it?" Heechul wonders as well. 

"Is that why your type of girl is different from my type of girl?" Donghae asks no one in particular.

"Hmmm..." everyone says in unison.

"Let's each be a different type of 'perfect man'!" you say. "Based on the stereotypes, plus Siwon and Kibum. Then in the end show that there really is no such thing as an absolute perfect man!" 

The guys look at each other. 

"Let's do it!!!!" they shout.

Aaaand as for me, I'll go back to my normal life...