The Gourmet Cafeteria

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 

March 3

Lunch Time: CAFETERIA

It is your second day at Seoul High school. So far, no one has noticed your true identity yet. 

You enter the cafeteria and all sorts of aromas hit your face like a firetruck on a nitro boost. 

WANT... FOOD...

You get in line and take a look at what they are serving today. There's pasta, kim bap, ramyeon, chicken teriyaki, roast beef (WHY IS THERE ROAST BEEF IN THIS CAFETERIA??), pasta, and even a whole fresh seafood section!

The thing they all have in common though is that they all are screaming: "EAT ME EAT ME NOW!!!!" 

Yes, masters!!

You grab a serving of every type of food and put them all on your tray. Thanks to your grandfather's tuition payment as well as the scholarship grant that you got, you have meal allowance so you don't have to worry about paying the cafeteria for the rest of the year. (Downside: It doesn't apply to food outside of the school)

Who cares?? Food here is awesummme~!!!!!!

"Hey," a voice next to you says. "Are you gay or something?"

"What?? NO OF COURSE NOT!! Ahem *lowers voice* I'm as straight as can be!"

"You act like a girl. It's sickening," the guy says as he pays for his food and leaves. 

Shoot. I need to really get my act together. Wait a minute. Who WAS that douche who just straight up insulted me???

You look around but see no sign of anyone. You decide to shrug it off and straighten up like a man, present your special ID to the cafeteria lady, and then look for an empty table. 

"Ya, Kim Haneul!" a voice shouts out, "Come and sit with us." 

"Oh, Lee Donghae," you say as you place your tray on their table. "Thanks."

"Woah, you've got some appetite for a small guy," one of Donghae's friends says. "Where do you put everything?" 

"My head," you joke. 

"HAHA, we will get along well," the beefy guy says. "I'm Kim Youngwoon, Korea's #1 handsome guy." 

"More like Korea's #1 fat guy," another friend-- quite androgynous-looking (not too feminine and not too masculine either)-- bashes.

"YA! Korea's #1 fat guy is Shin Donghee!" Youngwoon laughs.

"I'm Kim Haneul. Just Kim Haneul. I'm not Korea's anything, haha," you say shyly.

"Haneul-sshi, this is Lee Hyukjae and Park Jungsu," Donghae introduces.

Monkey... is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Lee Hyukjae. And Park Jungsoo looks aual but in a good way... 

 "So what do you do?" Jungsu asks. 

"Me? What do you mean?"

He rolls his eyes. "Everyone here is good at something. Are you?" 

"Uhh... I like dancing?" 

"You sound unsure," he says eyeing you. "Are you really supposed to be here?"

This guy doesn't seem to like me. Great. Efforts failed. Well, at least the beefy one is cool with me. 

"Come on, hyung, give him a break," Youngwoon says, "He probably still isn't comfortable with the new place."

Hyukjae eyes you as well but instead of looking intimidating like Jungsoo, he looks clueless and a bit stupid. 

"You look like a girl," Hyukjae suddenly blurts out. 

"Mwo?" 

"Look at his face, his features are so soft. Even softer than Heechul's."

"Ah, yeah it does, doesn't it?" Donghae exclaims.

"Heechul's going to lose his title~" Youngwoon sings.

"I don't really want to take that away from him..." you say.

"Oh, you finished all your food," Hyukjae blurts out again. "So fast." 

"Youngwoon's going to lose his title~~" Donghae and Hyukjae sing together. 

"AIIISH, you punks, I'm going to topple you both," Youngwoon says as he smacks the backs of their heads. 

"Guys, stop it, my milk tea is spilling. And it's hot," Jungsoo says.

"There's milk tea?" you ask.

"Yes, it's over there beside the water fountain."

"I'll go get some!"

You stand up and rush over there. Apparently, they sell different types of drinks everyday. Today it is milk tea, with your choice of hot or cold. You decide to get hot milk tea to relax in the chilly early March weather.

It must be nice to drink this outside in the garden. :3 

You had yours placed in a paper cup instead of the normal mugs because it isn't allowed to take the mugs out of the cafeteria. However, since it's only in a paper cup, you feel that the temperature of the drink is so hot that your fingers can't hold on to it for very long. Instead of going outside, you rush back to the nearest table, keeping your eyes on the milk tea so that it won't spill.

You bump into someone and the hot tea spills on the both of you.

"OWWW!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!" you shout in pain.

"What's the matter with you, punk??"

 You look up to see Cho Kyuhyun glaring down at you. 

"Why don't you f***ing watch where you're going, shrimp?" he says as he shoves you back hard. You don't like this. 

Fight back.

Stand down.