Garden after Donghae's talk (I wish that girl was me.)

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 

You go out into the garden, hoping to see Flashlight Guy but you see no light whatsoever. Still, you venture out far into the garden until you reach the gazebo. 

 

"BARK!"

"Oh, you're here all alone because Flashlight Guy isn't here..." you say giving the beagle a piece of beef jerky from your pocket.

"Hey, I'm right here," someone says. You jump.

"Omo, why don't you have a flashlight today?" 

"Forgot to buy batteries," he says as you see his silhouette positioning himself on the ledge as usual. "How are you so far?"

"Oh, I'm really good," you smile. "I was able to help someone."

"Shin Donghee?"

"Yeah! You know him?" 

"He was my classmate back in grade school. Funny kid back then but when we got to high school, people started teasing him about his weight so he isolated himself from the rest of them." 

"I see..."

"But ever since then, he had always loved dancing. I think he was even planning to be a Dance Major in college before anyone started calling him "Shin Tungtunghae (Fatty)"." 

"Even though, I think he has a lot of potential," you say.

"Yeah, you being a dancer yourself. A breakdancer at that."

"Eeiiii, you heard about that too?" xD

"I know about a lot of things." 

"But how come I've never seen you?"

"Uh, maybe because you don't know how I look like? Then, you wouldn't recognize me even if the world fell apart." 

"Somehow I feel that you're avoiding my seeing your face. Are you THAT ugly?"

"Hahaha, that's not for me to say," he chuckles. 

"Forcing you to show your face isn't going to get anywhere, is it?"

"Nope."

"So I can't know your name either, right?"

"Yep."

"Sigh... speaking of names, have you thought of a name for the beagle yet?" 

"No, I just call her Puppy." 

"If she were a male, I would probably name her... Cho Kyuhyun. But she's a girl." 

"What's wrong with naming a female dog Cho Kyuhyun? It's a pretty good insult, haha."

"Actually, you're right. Okay, Puppy, you shall now be known as Cho Kyuhyun. But since you're a girl, you're a nice version of him and you won't spill food on me, now will you?" you scratch Kyuhyun's long floppy ears.

"It sounds really funny," Flashlight Guy claps as he laughs loudly. 

"I know, haha. Come here, Kyuhyun," you whistle. "Want some beef jerky? Beef jerky?"

"BARK! BARK!"

"She knows who she is now!!" you shout. Flashlight guy laughs.

"Oh I should mention that one of the guys is even asking me for love tips," you say.

"Really? Who?"

"Lee Donghae."

"Haha, that guy... are you going to help him?"

"Well, as a friend, I guess I should do whatever I can..."

Although I wish I could do something to get her out of his head. Aish, Kim Haneul, you're so selfish. Dx

"You don't sound very enthusiastic about it though."

"Huh? Oh, no no, I'm just tired..."

You go back to sit on the ledge beside Flashlight guy. You sigh and rest your head on his shoulder. 

"...What are you doing?" he asks.

"Hyung, I'm tired. I was dancing the whole day plus the days before that preparing for the audition." 

"..."

"Come on, it's not like a guy hasn't ever done this to you. Don't worry, I'm not gay or anything," you say as you slowly close your eyes.

"Ah... right."

 After a while, he rests his head on the top of yours. 

"Hyung..." you say. "Why does life have to be so hard?"

"Why do you ask that?" 

"Well..."

Should I tell him? I feel like I can open up to this guy... No, it's too early. Maybe some other time when he knows me better so that he won't be quick to judge... I really hate it that I can't be a girl so that the guy I like will notice me.

"It's just that there are so many things pressuring me, and it's unfair because sometimes, you have no choice. It just ," you sigh.

"Ah well, for me, you don't  need to let them pressure you. It's all a state of the mind. Me, I just let it all slide away so that they don't get to me. Other people live their own lives, and you have yours." 

"I guess so..."