Youngwoon lives.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

May 28, Saturday, After School: DORMS

"Guys, guys! Youngwoon is awake!" Heechul says running through the dorm hallways annoucing the good news to everybody.

Apparently, the hospital had called Siwon during lunch break and informed him that the patient was now conscious. He secretly rushed to the hospital with a few student council members. It was only now that Ryeowook called Heechul to tell them that Youngwoon is awake, but on the downside...

"We can't visit him yet??" Donghae says.

"But Jungsu is there!" Sungmin complains.

"You hear that, Ryeowook?" Heechul says into the phone. "Why can't we visit him yet?? We're his buddies!"

He puts Ryeowook on speakerphone and you all listen in to what he has to say.

"The hospital said that he can't have too many visitors at the moment. Even I'm just outside waiting for their interrogation to finish," he says.

"And what about Jungsu hyung?" you ask.

"He's inside with Siwon, Youngwoon, and a couple of student council members helping out with the questioning," he explains. "It helps ease anxiety if you know you have a friend with you while this is happening, believe me. But too many people will just increase Youngwoon's stress levels and it might affect him negatively. So please just bear with us and wait a little longer..."

"So when CAN we visit him?" Heechul asks, irritated. 

"Later tonight after the interrogation is over," he replies.

"AAARRRGHHH," Heechul groans.

"This is stupid," Hyukjae says.

"But if it's best for Youngwoon, then I think we should wait, guys," Sungmin says.

"I agree," Hangeng says.

You are itching to go to the hospital to listen in on the interrogation but you decide not to do so, lest you get into trouble again. Instead, you go to the gazebo and take Kyuhyun the beagle for a little walk through the garden.

You hum a little tune while you walk with her all the way until the shrine.

 

Late Afternoon: SHRINE

The human Kyuhyun is sitting on the steps of the shrine while writing in a notebook. When he sees you approaching, he closes the notebook and waves. "Hey, Haneul," he smiles.

"Hey, Kyuhyun," you smile back.

"Taking Haneul for a walk, Haneul?" he chuckles.

"You make it so confusing," you groan.

"I make everything confusing," he laughs. 

You take a seat beside him on the steps.

"I heard Kim Youngwoon was brought to the hospital last night," he says. "I was out with my friend though so I didn't get to know all the details and it's too awkward for me to ask the guys about it. What happened?"

"We saw Youngwoon faint, covered in blood and bruises," you explain, the shock replaying in your head. "We found out that he had been stabbed and hit on the head along with being beaten up. Now, Siwon, Ryeowook, and some student council members are there with Jungsu questioning him for the investigation of the suspect."

"Hmm," he thinks. "I was wondering why Kim Kibum didn't return to the dorms last night."

"He didn't?" you ask surprised.

"Well, sometimes, he goes out late at night and returns early in the morning," Kyuhyun tells you. "But when something like this happens, he's one of the people that Choi Siwon calls to help out. He's... dependable that way."

"I wonder why..." you think for a long time. Then you turn to Kyuhyun and ask, "What exactly goes on in the student council anyway? You're the son of the school's owner. You MUST know something." 

He shakes his head. "I ran away remember? My dad never discloses things to me. Furthermore, I'm not part of the stupid student council. I'd never address anyone as higher than me. We're all just people."

You sigh. "So all we can do is just wait for the student council's report on what happened last night," you slouch.

Kyuhyun nods in agreement. You both silently watch as Kyuhyun the beagle pees on a dandelion.

"Ugh..." you both say at the same time. Then the two of you laugh. Deep inside though, you wonder...

Is there more to this school than meets the eye?

Ah well, can't do anything about it, now can I?

You decide to return to the dorms.

"Leave Haneul the beagle with me," Kyuhyun requests. "I want to play with her."

"Oh, okay sure," you laugh. "Don't forget to clean up her poop."

Kyuhyun groans but waves goodbye as you walk back to the dormitory.

 

Evening: DORM HALLWAY

You bump into the student council. Kibum and Siwon are there too.

"Is Youngwoon accepting visitors now?" you ask, anxiously.

"Yes," Siwon says. "You can tell the others that the questioning is over."

"Great, great," you say. However, you don't walk away. The other student council members walk past you and return to their dorm rooms. Siwon notices that you're not budging though. Kibum eyes you carefully.

"Who did it?" you ask Siwon and Kibum.

"We don't know quite yet," Siwon replies. "We just got some details from Youngwoon but it's going to be difficult because there were no CCTVs in the area and the suspects were wearing masks."

"You didn't check the area for the knife that they used to stab him? Or the thing they used to bash his head?" You are starting to get angry.

"Haneul, we did but there was nothing there," Siwon explains, trying to calm you down. "The ones who did this are smarter than your average thug but we will do our best to figure out who were responsible for this."

You look down at your feet and clench your fists. "How many were they?"

"Youngwoon said there were four men involved, all well-built with muscle," he replies.

"Don't try to figure this out by yourself, Haneul," Kibum says. You glare at him.

"He's right," Siwon says. "I don't want-- We don't want you to be put in danger. But if you want to help out with the investigation, join the student council."

Kibum shoots Siwon a surprised look. "What?" he says.

"I submitted my application form a few days ago but there's still no result," you say.

"The results come out tomorrow, Haneul," Siwon says. "Once you find your name there, come to the office right away."

You notice that Kibum doesn't look too pleased at what's happening. You wonder why.

Scared that I'll find out that you're actually Flashlight Guy, Kibum? HAH!

Before that though, I'm gonna make sure the idiots who did this to Youngwoon pay for their crimes.

Siwon excuses himself and goes back to his room. Kibum looks at you for a second as if he wants to say something, but he just shakes his head at you and walks into his room without a word.

You run and tell the others the news about Youngwoon.

Maybe I can ask Youngwoon himself about what he saw too.

 

ROOM 101

"Heechul hyung!!!" you shout as you barge in through the door. "Let's go to Youngwoon now!!!"

"We can already?" he asks.

"Yep!" you nod. "I just spoke to Siwon in the hallway. Let's go tell the others."

 

Evening: Boryung Hospital, YOUNGWOON'S ROOM

"Youngwoon!!!!!" you all shout as you bound into his room carrying balloons and spicy buffalo wings. Jungsu smiles as you all enter.

"Ya, you idiots, I was sleeping!" Youngwoon complains loudly. "OOOHHH CHICKEN!! Where's the beer???"

"You can't have any for now, hyung," Donghae chuckles.

"At least you've got lots of balloons," Jongwoon says.

"Balloons are fun," Hyukjae says.

"Ball-ooooon," Hangeng tries to pronounce.

"Here, Youngwoon," Donghee says as he places the buffalo wings on Youngwoon's hospital tray.

"This is so awesome though, you get cable TV here," Heechul says, flipping the news channels. "I should have stayed here instead of Jungsu. No wonder he wanted to skip class."

"Youngwoon hyung," you sit on the bed beside him. "What did the student council people ask you?"

"Oh the usual, 'what was he wearing', 'did you get a clue as to who they were', 'do you have any enemies'... Heck, yeah, I've got a lot of enemies. Especially the rival judo varsities," he says, waving his arm with the IV tube stuck to it in the air.

"So you didn't see anything that could help them identify the suspects?" you ask.

"Haneul," Jungsu scolds you. "He's had the student council ask him the same things over and over again since this morning. Give him a break."

"S-sorry..." you say.

"It's okay, Haneul," Youngwoon says. "But no, they were all in masks and everything happened so fast that I couldn't see anything." He lowers his head and fiddles with the tube coming out of his arm.

"Tsk, don't touch that," Jungsu says, slapping Youngwoon's hand.

"OW! Okay, okay, I won't, omma..." =_=

"Don't worry about it, Haneul," Jungsu tells you. "The truth will be revealed soon."

"Heck yeah it will be," you say.

Because I'm going to be part of the student council.

After an hour of hanging out, all the buffalo wings are gone and half of the balloons have been popped. Dr. Jeon enters the room and is surpised by the rowdiness of the high school boys in it.

"U-uh, boys," he says. "Youngwoon will be able to go home tonight--"

"YAAAAAY!!!!" everyone cheers. "WOOHOOO!!!"

"BEERS ON ME, GUYS!!!" Youngwoon shouts.

"Nuh-uh, no beer for a week, Youngwoon," the doctor says, wagging his finger.

"SERIOUSLY, DOC????" Youngwoon whines.

You all return to the dorms with Youngwoon.