Dance Club: Session 2

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

June 4, Friday, After School: DANCE STUDIO

Yunho is nowhere to be found. In his place, there are a number of older men that look sort of familiar.

"AHHHH SHINHWA!!!" Heechul exclaims as he runs ahead of you into the room.

OHHH... wait. THE Shinhwa?? Wtf are they doing here??

"Hey, guys," one of them says. "We're Shinhwa. Yunho invited us to teach your dance club in his place because he has a rehearsal in SM Ent. And since WE'RE not doing anything today, we decided to sub for him."

Another guy with bigger eyes than the rest steps forward. "Let's introduce ourselves. I'm Eric Mun. These are Lee Minwoo, Kim Dongwan, Shin Hyesung, Jun Jin and Andy Lee."

The group bows. "It's nice to meet you all," they say in unison.

Cool. Hahahaha xD

"So guys," Eric says. "We'll be teaching you one of our dances. It's pretty much on the same level as DBSK's 'Rising Sun' and we're gonna focus more on your dancing expressions with these moves. Pretty simple steps but if you do them with a lot of force, people will be impressed at how intense you can make those simple steps look. Trust me, we've been out since 1998 and now we're gonna teach you the steps to our song called 'Perfect Man'."

"For all you aspiring gentlemen," Andy chuckles.

"Let's begin with a warm-up," Minwoo says. "You're Donghee, right?"

"Oh, y-yes, sir..." Donghee replies shyly.

"Yeah, I see you at the training room sometimes in the SM building," Minwoo smiles.

"You've got moves, kid," Eric says to him.

Donghee blushes.

HAHAHA XD Ohlol

"So yeah, anyway, you lead the warm-ups like how we do it in SM and we'll do it with you guys," Minwoo says, playing some funky music.

Donghee goes in front and you guys follow him as he begins to stretch. You are in the front of the group. You feel a bit conscious about stretching with a lot of guys behind you. But then again, you remember that everyone in that room thinks that you have balls just like them. You shrug the feeling away.

"Okay, so that you guys know how it mainly looks like, here's a video of one of our live performances," Jin says, setting up the screen and their laptop.

"We're not gonna show you our music video for it because it's mostly just our faces and stuff," Andy comments.

They play the Shinhwa live dance performance video.

When it is finished, the guest coaches tell everyone to find their space. Donghae hops to a spot beside you. You blink at him. He just gives you a big grin. Then looks back at the Shinhwa guys.

Weirdo. *thump thump* NO. HE'S A WEIRDO. AND HE'S A BOY. I AM ALSO A BOY.

... I'm not gay. :/

You try pushing the thought into your mind so that you really wouldn't be tempted to do anything stupid and to fully desensitize yourself from the hormones.

And the feelings.

Then should I not care about anyone in this school if I want to stay safe? :( My life is so complicated...

"So guys, this is the first step..." Eric starts.

After a while though, because the Shinhwa guys joke around too much, this ended up happening.

By the end of the club session, everyone was just dancing and laughing, trying to remember the dance steps because some Shinhwa members themselves forgot their own steps. It was a fun club day though and the group encouraged you and your fellow club members to keep practicing.

"Also, we have an assignment for you, guys," Eric announces. "Because Yunho told us to give you homework."

The other Shinhwa members snicker.

Eric continues. "Make your own version of our dance. AND BE SURE YOU MEMORIZE IT unlike your hyungs who now seem to be very unprepared for this..."

The club laughs.

"Group yourselves into teams of 4 members each, so by next week, you need to have a dance ready. We'll do just the first minute of the song, got it?"

"Yes, Eric hyung," you all answer.

"Alright, club dismissed," he says clapping his hands.

Donghee approaches you. "Wanna be groupmates, Haneul?" he smiles. "I'm gonna ask Donghae and Heechul to join us too."

"Sure, why not?" you grin.

"YAAAYYYY WE'RE GROUPMATES~" Donghae sings, trying to climb onto your back even though there is little space to carry him with.

"UGH, DONGHAE, STAHP," you say.

"Let's all think up some choreography and practice on Sunday," Donghee says.

"Alright, baybeh, I'm gonna start tonight~" Heechul says, doing fist pumps.

"And if we end too late, we can have a sleepover choreo session!" Donghae cheers.

"Donghae, we live in the same dorm floor," you say flatly.

"... Right. Hahaha." xD

 

Donghae doesn't take his arm off your shoulder until you and Heechul reach your room. Donghee goes ahead to his room. "Good night, guys!" he says.

"Good niiiiight~" Donghae says cheerfully as he moonwalks into his room.

"Night, guys!" you call out.

 

ROOM 101

As soon as Heechul gets inside the room, he turns on his CD player and dances to the "Perfect Man" song by Shinhwa.

"Really, hyung?" you ask. "Already?"

"Do you know what you're looking at, Haneul, my clueless dongsaeng?" he asks.

"Uhh..." you blink. "No."

"This..." he gestures to himself. "is the making of a worldwide famous Kpop superstar dance machine singing extravaganza demi-god!!! Every minute counts."

...

"Ahuehuehue," you laugh. "I'm gonna take a shower and change into some nice, clean and dry pajamas. And I might just order some take-out for dinner, hyung. You wanna order too?"

You take your pajamas, underwear, and towel.

"Yes, please~" he replies, dancing really crazily to the music. The steps don't even look anything like Shinhwa's steps anymore.

"Ok, lemme just take a shower then I'll order something."

You take a shower.