The Anyband Interschool Competition

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 00:00:00 

The lights all go black. You feel your heart thumping while the crowd screams wildly.  An AVP of the competition appears on the screen showing the sponsors of the event and all the schools that are included in the contest. When it ends, a single spotlight shines on the middle of the stage revealing a young guy in a suit. Girls, left and right, swoon like mad.

"Good evening, Hongdae!!!" the MC shouts.

"Omo," you nudge Donghae beside you. "That guy looks really young."

"Yeah, he's from some school called Antarctic something. I saw him appear on KBS' Quiz Korea. Really smart."

"And now he hosts events," you say in awe. "I wonder if he'll start hosting TV shows in the future."

The MC continues, "Welcome to Samsung's Anyband Inter-school Competition! I am your host for tonight, Song Joongki from Antarctic Former High School."

As he gives a salute, everyone starts screaming again. You almost do too. Instead, you scream in your head.

"Tonight will be a very heated up battle between Korea's schools. I'm sure all of you will enjoy their performances because they're all very good! To give the opening number, we have 2 young boys that I'm sure you all know, and who are currently trainees of YG Entertainment. I don't think it will be very long until they step out onto the international stage. Give it up for the dynamic duo, GDYB!!!"

"HEY, IT'S THAT KID!!" you point at the one in yellow. You take a look at Jiwon on the other side of the audience. She looks like she is about to faint from ecstasy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

After they perform, the cute MC goes onstage once more to introduce the next band from Neungryool High.

"THIS IS CNBLUE!!"

"OH CRAP, I almost forgot that Heechul told me to take videos of the performances!!" You take out your phone just as the vocalist gets to the mic.

You look around you and are surprised to find some students holding up banners and fan signs. "They're already famous?" you wonder to yourself.

Hangeng leans toward you and says, "They are sort of ulzzangs. I think that's what they call them. They already have  fanbase. Just like the 2 kids who performed earlier."

You stop recording when they end. You are surprised to find that they have a second song .

"Ya, Fishy, do all the bands have to play 2 songs?"

"Seems like it," he says.

"But... I've only heard our band practice one song... o_O I hope they have something prepared."

You find yourself already singing along to the catchy tune. "Daraddiridaradoo~" These guys are pretty good! I can't believe they wrote these songs themselves.

______________________________________________________________________________

Afterwards, the MC introduces the next one from Dongeui High.

"FT ISLAAAAAND!!"

"Aw, they're so cute~" you say to yourself.

When the vocalist starts singing, you can't help but be awestruck at his powerful voice. "Oh my god, even I can't do that." O_O

Donghae taps you on the shoulder and says, "These guys are the main rivals of CNBlue. They're pretty awkward around each other."

You nod your head in comprehension, still staring at the emotional outbursts of the singer up until the end of the song.

"By the way," Donghae says, "You need to record them too. Especially the second song. That guy singing is buddies with Heechul."

"S%^&!!" you press the record button on your phone again as they begin the second song.

"AISH, DON'T CURSE!" Donghae says.

You pay him no mind because you are too fixated on Heechul's friend. The song is simply beautiful. When the singer starts crying near the end, even you get teary-eyed. You quickly wipe your tears away in case anyone might notice. But then you see Donghae, teary-eyed as well, just standing still, staring at the floor. You feel the urge to hold his hand and comfort him but you resist.

He must have... gone through a lot... There are probably some things he hasn't told me yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"HERE, ARE THE GIRLS FROM EHWA HIGH!!"

You keep it in mind to press the record button when they start their song.

"Omo, that's Taeyeon? She has a reaaally nice voice... And she looks so pretty... " you say to yourself, enviously.

Sigh. Will there ever come a day when I'll be able to dress like that again? Or would I have to be a man for the rest of my life? :(

__________________________________________________________________________________

After they end, there are a few other bands that play their songs. All of them as good than the one that came before them, though in your opinion, the first few bands were still the best ones. Then the MC once again walks up on stage.

"Now for the final band in the competition. Last but not the least, here is SEOUL HIGH!!"

All of you cheer and whistle as Jongwoon, Siwon, Sungmin, Youngwoon, Heechul and Jungsu step up on stage with their instruments. You hear Jiwon's loud voice shouting, "GO SIWON OPPA!!!" and some other voices shouting, "PRESIDENT-NIM!!!" Siwon smiles and waves at the audience calmly (with three fingers) and walks up to the drumset. When all are in their place, they begin with Heechul's keys.

Jongwoon is in his zone and singing with utmost feelings. You get goosebumps all over and Donghae's hand closes your gaping mouth by lifting up your chin.

After a while, you turn to Donghae to find that he now has his mouth gaping open. You do the same and lift up his chin. He snaps out of it and smiles at you. You smile back and turn to look at Jongwoon again.

Gah... butterflies in my stomach... The song makes me feel like it's a soundtrack for a scene. Dx I'm going crazy.

After the song ends, the crowd gives a great applause. Your thoughts are running wild with the words, WHAT'S THE NEXT SONG WHAT'S THE NEXT SONG???

To everyone's surprise, Siwon steps out from behind the drums and takes Youngwoon's acoustic guitar.

Youngwoon takes Jungsu's electric guitar.

And Jungsu takes off his shirt and steps behind the drumset.

O_O

"Oh my god--" You put your hand up to your nose to check if it's actually bleeding. It isn't.

Damn, Jungsu. I never knew you had that in you.

They start playing a rock song that you've never heard before. Your eyes don't get any smaller. And the screams don't stop.

I feel like a proud and confused omma. ;A; Proud of the awkward Jongwoon because he's not awkward onstage, and confused because... JUST LOOK AT ALL OF THEM!!!! @_@

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"That was one EXPLOSIVE ending! Good job, Seoul High! Anyway, the judges are still discussing their decision. For now, we have a special guest band all the way from Japan-"

"WOOOOH!!!!!"

"Ahaha, they came here a few times already and here they are again! Ladies and gentlemen, ONE OK ROCK!!!!"

As soon as they start, you and Donghae look at each other wide-eyed in pleasant shock.

THESE GUYS ARE FRIKKIN AWESOME!!!!!

"AIGOO, THE SINGER IS CRAZY!!" Donghae shouts in delight. He jumps along with everyone else and rocks out.

"WOOOH, ONE OKROCK!!!" you shout, jumping with him.

The vocalist introduces himself and the band first in Japanese but subtitles appear on the LED screen to translate. "KONBANWA!! Oretachi wa ONE OK ROCK desu! Namae wa Taka desu." (TRANS: Good evening! We are ONE OK ROCK! The name's Taka.) "Tonight we will be performing one of our new songs. It's called, "The Beginning."" They show the music video on the LED screen behind them as they perform it live.

"These guys are seriously NOT HUMAN," you say. o_o

"This last song is dedicated to all of you students out there," the vocalist says. "It's called "Clock Strikes".

They perform one last song which makes you go limp and feel like an untalented loser but you still enjoyed every bit of it. The other guys just won't stop jumping to their music.

__________________________________________________________________________________

When they end, they thank Korea and Hongdae as well as the sponsors for bringing them to the event.
The cute MC once again walks up on stage.

"Thank you for that earth-shaking performance, One Ok Rock!! We will be announcing the winners shortly but first, we would like to acknowledge that this program has been brought to you by Samsung electronics, one of the best brands in the world. Of course, this night would not be complete if Samsung didn't bring out a band themselves. To close tonight's performance portion, we have a group of selected surprise artists to perform a special song. Here is ANYBAND!!" 

"YA, I KNOW THAT GUY!!" Hyukjae shouts out pointing at one of the guys onstage. "THAT PUNK DIDN'T TELL ME HE WAS PART OF THIS!"

"Who?" you ask.

"The one in black! He's my slave!!"

"That's Hyukjae's best friend," Donghae tells you. "Kim Junsu."

"Ooooohhhhh..." High pitchy dolphin voice... "WAH, it's BOA~!! And Tablo!! I don't know the other girl though..."

There is confetti flying everywhere and silence echoes among the crowd as the MC goes up on stage for the last time. He is holding a white envelope and he loosens his collar as he says, "Finally... I have the judge's decision." 

There is a drumroll. "Whew," he chuckles, "this is making even me anxious." He takes out the paper in the envelope. "And the winner of the Anyband Interschool Competition is... 

 

 

 

EHWA HIGH SCHOOL!"