Uggghhhh...

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

June 15, Tuesday, Early morning: ROOM 101

"Uuuuggghhhh..." you groan.

Your entire body hurts like hell. And that is all I can say about that. Stubborn Haneul.

"If you're the narrator, stop making biased side comments about me!!" you shout.

But my arms... my legs... Ughhhh.... TT TT

 

CLASSROOM 3-B

You drag yourself to your homeroom class and slink into your seat just before your legs gave way. Donghae glances at you and takes off his headphones. (He's always wearing them in class even though he's not allowed to.)

"Haneul, you okay?" he asks.

"... I don't knowwww..." you wince. "I can't move very well... It's all because of stupid Siwon..." 

"Speak of the devil," Donghae gulps, pointing at the doorway.

Siwon is standing there, clad in the same school uniform everyone else is wearing, but somehow it makes him look so elegant and classy. He has an apologetic look on his face. "Haneul," he calls you out.

You can barely turn your head to acknowledge him. "Yes, Siwon?" It's too painful to stand up again.

He goes into your classroom and bows in greeting. "Are you okay, Haneul?"

"S-sort of... Not really... TT TT"

"Next time, I really encourage you to take an ice bath after intense exercise," he says in a concerned voice.

"Alright, I'm sorry for not taking your advice..." *wince*

"No, I'm sorry that I didn't explain the ice bath well enough for you to understand that it's nothing detrimental to your physical health," he frowns.

"That's okay, Siwon."

"No, I used the wrong method. I tried to force you to take an ice bath which naturally brought out your survival instincts and... (blablabla explaining biological processes and the animalistic nature of human beings)"

"It's okay, Siwon, I forgive you. No harm done. Hehehe..."

You notice that the whole class has gone quiet and everyone's eyes are glued onto you and Siwon. You hear whispers.

"Woah, they're on a first name basis with each other?"

"He tried to force Haneul to take a bath? They must be really close!"

You shake off their stares and change the topic and tone of voice. "U-uh, by the way, President-nim, the school summer festival is coming up! What's your class gonna be doing?"

Siwon blinks at you. "A host club."

"WHAT???!!" the entire class yells.

The teacher enters the classroom. "Good morning, boys-- Oh, Choi Siwon, why are you here? Shouldn't you be at your classroom now?"

Siwon bows, embarrassed, and quickly leaves without another word.

"So," the teacher continues. "what have you finally decided to do for the festival? Haneul, would you please come up here to the front?" 

You cringe at the thought of having to walk all the way to the teacher's desk in your condition. Still, you use all your strength to wobble to the front of the class.

"We were supposed to do a host club for the festival," someone tells the teacher.

"But class 3-A is already doing it!" someone else whines.

"What do we do?"

"What do we do???"

"Huuushhhh!!" the teacher snaps. "We'll think about this quietly. You boys are too noisy."

"Ahaha, but boys will always be boys, teacher~" Donghae teases.

Your eyes light up. I've got it!

"Hey, guys," you begin. "What if... we do a maid cafe instead?"

"WHAT??!!!"

"But that's actually a pretty brilliant idea," Jongwoon says with his hand on his chin.

"We're gonna hire girls to be in the cafe for us?" someone asks. 

"No, silly! WE'LL be the girls!" someone else answers.

"Aish, you're seriously gonna make us dress up in girl clothes, Haneul??" Youngwoon complains. "But my dignity will be compromised!"

"As if you had any in the first place," Donghae cheekily says.

"AIISH YOU FISH," Youngwoon roars.

"QUIEEEEETTTT!!!" the teacher roars louder.

"... Sorry, sir," Youngwoon squeaks.

"All who object to the maid cafe, please raise your hands," the teacher says.

You look around the classroom to see Kyuhyun, Kibum, and Youngwoon raising their hands.

"Do you guys have a better idea than this?" he asks them. 

"U-umm..."

All three slowly put their hands down. You can see Youngwoon clenching his teeth and Kyuhyun looking very distressed. Kibum closes his eyes and just lets out a heavy sigh as if he had lost all sense of hope. On the other hand, Donghae and Jongwoon are beaming with smiles of excitement.

"So it's decided," the teacher announces. "Class 3-B will do a maid cafe."

 

After class: ROOM 107

"Ugh, a maid cafe, why didn't I think of that..." Hyukjae whines as he buries his face into his pillow.

You are sitting down beside the lying-down Hyukjae in his elevated sleeping area, helping him write down different ideas for his class' festival booth.

"Well, what has your class done for the past years?" you ask him.

"Uhh... We've always been putting together performances to make something like a mini-concert," Hyukjae says as he folds his arms under his chin. "It's sort of a tradition for our class now."

"Yep, that's true," Donghae butts in. He is eating chips while scribbling in a notebook. "Actually, a lot of people look forward to Hyukjae's class concerts. But usually, it's just him and his classmates dancing to K-pop songs."

"The same thing year after year?" 

"Nah, we dance to whichever K-pop songs are famous that year," Hyukjae answers. 

"Babo, that IS the same thing!" Donghae throws a handful of chips at Hyukjae.

"Ya, if you were gonna give me food, you could've told me in advance so my mouth would be open and ready to catch it!" Hyukjae laughs.

"Ahem," you say, determined to stop any distractions from this important session. 

Donghae goes back to reading his notes. "Sorry, Haneulie~ *munch munch*" 

"Anywayyy," you turn to Hyukjae. "I've been thinking, will your classmates really not help you until the day of the festival?" 

Hyukjae nods sadly. D':

"Hm, that might be going a bit too far..."

"The teacher agrees with them..."

"Oh, so no one is going to perform this year." 

"Mhm." TT TT

"Aahh, I don't know if I can take this anymore," he whines and places the pillow over his head. 

You sigh. "It's just a mini-concert. It doesn't even have to be so grand. All you have to do is decorate a room, rent out speakers and equipment and invite other people you know who can perform!" 

Hyukjae almost looks crazy the way he is pulling out his hair frantically. "But I don't know anyone! My classmates are the ones with talented friends. I only have this fish," he says, pointing to Donghae. 

"Hey!" Donghae says, scattering chip crumbs all over his notebooks.  

Ughh Donghae gross... =_=

"Here's the deal, Hyukjae," you say. "I help you look for talented people to invite, and you think about how your booth is going to look like, plus other details that will entice people to watch. Okay?" 

"Okay... But how are you going to do that?" 

"It's a secret," you grin. 

"Alright, I'll just trust you, Haneul," Hyukjae scratches his head. "I'll plan the other stuff needed now." 

You see Hyukjae start writing a list of things that he thinks will make class 3-C's booth better this year. It starts off with "free food". After 10 minutes, he still hasn't written anything else down. You decide to leave him for a bit and focus on your own class' festival booth. 

 

Late afternoon: SHRINE

"Haneul, please don't push through with the maid cafe," Kyuhyun pleads.

"You said the same thing about the host club," you reply. =_=

"BUT THIS IS WORSE!!!!" he whines, holding his knees. 

"Oh come on, it'll be fun~" you giggle. "Everyone will be so pretty!" 

"Wait a minute," he stops. "You're gonna have to dress up as a girl too." 

"... And so? I'll be 'cross-dressing'." :P

"But what if people find out that you're really a girl?" 

"Huh? How would that happen if they know I'm a boy dressed up as a girl?" o_O

"Because girl's clothes would suit you perfectly! My god, Haneul, you set yourself up for this..." he facepalms himself. 

"Eh?" 

You still don't get it. Heechul would look just as girly as you. Maybe even girlier. 

So what gives? =_=

"You're really trying hard not to go through with this," you smirk. "Look at all the strings you're pulling out." 

"But, Haneul, now I really am serious. I'm thinking about this for your sake." 

"Meh, I'm gonna go ahead now, Kyuhyun," you wave him off. "I thought you'd be able to help me think about our booth but I guess not. I'll go look for other people who are more encouraging." =_=

"Haneul!" 

You walk away from Kyuhyun and return to the dormitory building. 

Hmph. I shouldn't have asked him for help on this. Now my day is ruined. :/ 

Oh, I know! I'll call Joongki~ :3

You look for a spot where no one will hear your phone conversation.

RRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

"Hello?" a voice answers. The background noise is quite noisy. You hear many people talking and shouting. 

"Joongki oppa! Are you busy?" 

"Song Joongki is shooting right now. Do you want me to pass a message to him?" 

...

This isn't Joongki I'm talking to? o_O 

"U-uh... Could you, um, just tell him to call me back later?" 

"Okay, will do." 

You hear a voice in the background. "Manager-nim, who are you talking to on my phone??" 

"It's your girlfriend," the manager replies. 

"Give that to me," you hear. 

Thump thump thump. 

Girlfriend??

"Hello, cupcake~" Joongki chuckles. 

"Song Joongki, we are still shooting--" someone says.

"Hold up, just a minute, director-nim," he replies. "So what made you think of me today, Haneul?" 

You can almost hear his voice winking. 

"Girlfriend???" you shout into the phone. You realize that your shouting might draw unwanted attention on campus. You lower your voice and hiss at Joongki, "Since when was I your girlfriend??" 

"Oh, you're not?" Joongki snickers.

"YA!"

"Okay, okay," he says, giving in. "I'll change your name on my phone."

"Thank you. Sigh, I can't believe your manager answers your phone when you're not around," you remark. 

"Well, he's like that a lot. But don't worry, I'll keep my phone hidden next time. What's up?"

"You don't seem like you have enough time for me to explain everything on the phone right now though..." 

"What are you talking about? I have all the time in the world!" he exclaims. 

"No, you don't!" a man shouts in Joongki's background. 

"It's okay, I'll just talk to you again later. Call me up when you're free." 

"Alright, cupcake, whatever you say." 

"Bye. AND DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE MY NAME TO JUST PLAIN 'HANEUL'."

"Hahahahahha, sheesh, fine, I'll do it for real." 

You hang up.

What is he, crazy?? He could get kicked off the shoot for behaving that way. Dx 

 

 ROOM 101

"Haneul, could you please this monkey out of our room and back to his own cage?" Heechul says as you come in. 

Hyukjae is sprawled on the floor of your room. In his hand is a piece of paper with lots of scribbles. You presume it's his ideas for the festival. 

"Haneul, I can't relax. I can't find the will to go on either," Hyukjae mutters. "Tell me please who can we contact for the concert? TT TT" 

You sigh. 

I guess I'll have to get right down to it then. 

 

(Which club did you join?)

MUSIC CLUB

 

DANCE CLUB