Who is Kim Kibum?

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

You and the rest of the guys run out of the student council office before Ryeowook or any other officer could catch you. You hurriedly run back to the dorms.

"What did you do this time, Kim Haneul??" Youngwoon shouts, running.

"Nothing! I swear I didn't do anything!" you shout back, also running.

"Why do you always have that effect around Siwon? What do you EAT??"

"I SWEAR, guys, I really didn't and never did anything to cause him to be like that!"

You arrive at the dorm. As everyone tries to catch their breath, some go back into their respective rooms. You are about to enter your room when someone clears his throat from behind you. You turn around and see Donghae standing there.

"Y-yes, Donghae?"

"Come with me, I'd like to ask you something," he says as he gestures to go up to the roof. You follow him there and he goes to sit on his spot on the ledge. Like before, he motions for you to come sit next to him.

You wait for him to start talking. He keeps his gaze facing toward the horizon in the distance, then he narrows his eyes and turns to look at you. You respond by lifting your eyebrows in surprise and cluelessness.

"Honestly, do you do anything to make Choi Siwon like that?"

"I promise, I don't do anything! Anything conscious at least."

Donghae keeps his eyes fixed on you. You see that puzzled expression again as he turns away. He scratches his head. "Never mind, this is making me go crazy. Choi Siwon is probably just allergic to germs or something."

"I'M NOT GERM-INFESTED!!"

"Mehhh, anyway, congratulations," Donghae says with a smile.

Stupid. Trying to change the topic. Oh well.

"Thanks, Donghae," you grin. "I can't believe I just had a miracle happen."

"Yeah, that person who stepped up as your witness. Kim Kimbum was it? Or Kim Girim? Kim Kibum? I see that guy in class but he's always been anti-social so we don't really know him so well."

"Speaking of which, I need to go thank him!" you exclaim.

"One problem though," he says. "Didn't he mention that he is Kyuhyun's room mate?"

"... Right," your face falls. "So I can't really talk to him in his room. But Kyuhyun's getting suspended! I can thank him during that time!"

"Good luck with that then," Donghae says stretching his arms and then planting them on your shoulders. "Hey, don't forget to help me out with Jessica~"

"Yeaaah, I will~"

 In order to get rid of all my hormones, I must help these guys get girls. ALKFJALKF

You and Donghae go back downstairs when night falls.

 

Evening, GARDENS

You go straight to the garden gazebo to tell Flashlight guy what happened.

"Hey," you say.

"Hey."

"I'm not losing my scholarship," you sing.

"I heard," Flashlight guy says. "Good job. Told you so."

"Yeah thanks for that... by the way, that witness who stepped up, do you know him? His name is Kim Kimbum or something."

"Are you sure it was Kim Kimbum?"

"I think... Or Kim Girum? Aish, I forgot," you say as you tap your forehead with your fist.

"Well, I know ABOUT the witness. He's part of the student council, isn't he?"

"Yeah, they mentioned that earlier. But where can I find him?? I wasn't able to say thank you."

"... I see him in the hallways sometimes. I think he's Kyuhyun's roommate now. So you would have to, uh... go through Kyuhyun."

"Ah but Kyuhyun is suspended remember? So he won't be around for 2 weeks."

"Actually, I heard that he was only going to get 1 week of suspension because of his status as the school owner's son."

"WHAT?? That's unfair!"

"Well, that's how life is."

"So I'll have one week to catch him."

"Kyuhyun will be out of his room starting tomorrow."

"Got it. Thanks so much, uh..."

"What's wrong?"

"Well, we've been friends for half a semester already but I still don't know who you are nor how you look like. Can't you at least tell me your name?"

Flashlight guy stays silent. "No, I'm sorry. It would be too... inappropriate for you to know who I really am."

You let out a big frustrated sigh. "Okay. Fine. Can't do anything about that... Am I that untrustworthy of a person that you can't even tell me a nickname?"

"It's not that--"

"Then what?? I don't know if I can cope with things any longer. All the uncertainties, all the risks, all the hiding!"

"You're beginning to talk like a girl--"

"I'M NOT A GIRL!" you scream. You slide down onto the floor and let the tears that you've been holding back flow. "I don't want to be kept in the dark like I was my entire life."

Flashlight guy kneels down beside you and tries to put his arms around you. You stop his arms before they touch you. "Can't you show me your face?"

"... I'm sorry."

You stand up and push him aside. "I don't plan on seeing you here again. Not until you have a face to show."

"Haneul--"

You run back to the dorms before he could finish what he was saying.

Stupid guy. Doesn't know what friendship is at all.

You go up to your bed and cover your face with the blanket.

Tomorrow, I will forget about Flashlight Guy. Someone who can't trust me isn't worthy of being trusted either. "You're talking like a girl again." PABO!! WHY ELSE WOULD I BE DOING THAT?? I AM a girl!!!

You try to resolve things temporarily in your head by pushing images of flashlights, silhouettes, and even beagles out of your mind. Instead, you set another goal which is to meet Kim Whathisname and thank him personally for saving your .

What was it anyway?

Kim Kimbum?

Kim Girum?

Kim Kibum?