Band Rehearsal

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

May 7, Friday: OUTSIDE THE SEOUL HIGH CAMPUS

Today is band practice day. It has been a few days after the date with Jessica and Jiwon. Heechul rented a studio several blocks from the school for all of you to practice in and you are on your way there with Donghae. Why with Donghae even though he's not part of the band? Not even the author knows.

"Haneul-ah~" Donghae skips alongside you.

"You're still not over your post-date mood, are you?" you say.

"Hehe, do you remember when Jessica said that she liked someone? I think it's me. Waaahahaha~" xD

I can't believe that guys are so similar to girls in this way. ._.

"That's nice. Now stop skipping. You almost hit a sign board."

"I feel like the world is so lovely now. LABEULEE~ I can actually hear music now. It's an awesome feeling, Haneul."

"You're hearing music because my headphones are blasting and I've got only one side on."

"Oh."

You pass by McDonald's to get a snack before going straight to the studio. You order a burger and a Coke.

"Are you getting anything, Donghae?"

"... Haneul-ah, is it okay if you pay for my food for now? I'll pay you back when I get my allowance."

"Didn't you just get your allowance a few days ago?"

"Weeeell, I realized that dating can be quite... expensive..."

"Why did you have to pay for her clothes in the first place, babo," you mumble.

He clings to your arm and gives you puppy eyes. You blink at him expressionlessly. Deep inside though, you're frikkin melting.

STUPID STUPID FISHY!!! JKFHASJKF ASFJKAKALKJANKJWKWAEEEEEWAEEEAWAEEEKYEOPTAWKLAJFJAFJ --

"Fine," you give in.  =_=

He orders the same thing you got and you both go on your way.

 

MUSIC STUDIO

When you arrive at the studio, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Siwon, Youngwoon, Jongwoon, and Jungsu are already there. They had already started practicing.

"Kim Haneul!!!" Heechul shouts.

"Annyeong, hyungs," you wave.

"KIM HANEUL, YOU JERK!!" Youngwoon shouts even louder. "WHY DID YOU SPRAIN YOUR WRIST???"

"Justeu becauseu!!" you joke.

"Aish, it's okay. You had to disturb president-nim. But he's actually a pretty good drummer."

"Gomapsumnida," Siwon says, bowing his head.

"Haneul, come sit here," Ryeowook calls you.

You and Donghae go sit beside Ryeowook while Heechul tries to fix something in his keyboard. Donghae busily munches on his burger while texting. The big smile on his face as he does so indicates who he's conversing with. Though you feel a bit irritated at it, you decide to pay him no mind.

"How are things going, Wookie?" you ask.

"They're doing pretty good," he smiles as he adjusts his glasses. "Jongwoon is living up to my expectations. I'm quite surprised that Siwon is actually doing this. What did you do to make him agree?"

"... Nothing really. He just agreed."

"Oh? You must have some persuasion skill."

You shrug in reply. The guys resume practicing the song. It sounds really good with a full band. You look at Siwon and your eyes meet. He misses a beat. Then he starts making a chain of mistakes. Ryeowook raises his eyebrows.

"Stop stop!" Heechul says. "Choi Siwon, please focus. You were good earlier! Why are you now losing it?"

"Sorry," he scratches his head. "I got distracted. Call me pre--"

"AISH, THIS PUNK. We're not in school and this isn't a school activity, and you're not leading this activity, okay? President-nim, my . Now you're Choi Siwon, also a student like us!" Heechul snaps.

Siwon blinks, shocked. But he just nods and keeps his eyes focused on the drums.

"From the top, everyone," Heechul says. They do the song again.

"Haneul," Ryeowook whispers in your ear trying to go over the sound of the music but still trying to be inaudible to everyone else. 

"Hm?"

"I think Siwon's been having problems lately."

"Really? Like what?"

"There are times when I see him just lying down looking up at the ceiling, not doing anything. Just quiet. And his face looks like he's really confused about something. Also, he's been reading his Bible a lot."

"Doesn't he always do that?" you chuckle.

"No, this time he does it every chance he gets. It's weird. He mumbles to himself a lot. There was also one time when I was about to enter the room when I heard him talking to himself. Saying things like, 'Yoona is so pretty. Girls are so pretty. I love girls.' Over and over and over. Then he'd shout in frustration or something."

._.

"President-nim has gone nuts."

"Mhm," Ryeowook nods. "Can you help me find out why? Because I've tried to approach him about this but he changes the topic. Instead, he tells me to pray for him about his "problem". o_O"

"That is strange indeed..."

"I'm worried for him and also for the band because if he lets this problem go on, he might not be able to concentrate on the contest. Please help him. I think he has somewhat found a friend in you. Something that I have yet to achieve," he says sadly.

You imagine Siwon's troubled face.

"I'll do what I can, Wookie. Don't worry," you pat him on the back.

Rehearsal ends and you guys walk back to school. You find that Siwon is now walking quietly beside you.

"President-nim, want to go out to eat?" you smile.

"Okay," he says.

The others go ahead while you two go to a a newly opened cafe.

"Wow, they're open now! This was under construction when the school year started," you exclaim.

"My dad's friend owns this place," Siwon says.

"... Ah..."

Again, with the rich family connections...

You sit down and order a sheep cupcake. Siwon orders a slice of blueberry cheesecake. After several minutes, your orders come.

"How are you, president-nim?" you say, chewing a bit of your sheep cupcake.

"I'm okay..."

"Are you sure? There's nothing bothering you?"

"... Neh," he smiles.

._.

"Okay then."

So much for trying to help him out. =_=

You don't know what to say anymore so you just concentrate on finishing your cupcake. He, however, tries to strike a conversation.

"Has Cho Kyuhyun been troubling you, Kim Haneul?"

You almost choke on a marshmallow. "*cough* No, president-nim, not anymore.  Why do you ask?"

"Nothing nothing," he says, gesturing. "It's my duty as the student president to make sure that things are in order."

You just nod in response. Your mind starts to fly and you wonder how Cho Kyuhyun is doing right now because he left abruptly that time on the roof. Then it goes to Kim Kibum, that nerd who turned out to be pretty okay and you haven't seen him for a while now because people got busy. Then to Flashlight guy who you've been seeing a lot but never really figured out who he is. You hear a voice calling your name. You snap out of your daydream. 

"Kim Haneul?" Siwon says.

"Uh, neh?"

"You were spacing out."

"Oh... sorry..."

"I was asking what your plans for university are."

"Oh, that... Well, I don't really plan to go straight there after graduating. I need to work first because my grandpa just paid for my last year of high school with all the money he had left. My family's gone bankrupt, so yeah. Work first after graduation," you chuckle, scratching your head.

"Is that so?" Siwon says thoughtfully, spooning a piece of cheesecake into his mouth.

"Neh. And he could only afford the scholarship fee so I need to do community service around school too. But things are pretty okay."

"What if..." he swallows his food. "someone gave you a scholarship for university as well? Would you go for it?"

"Huh? Of course!" o:

"You can apply for a scholarship under the name of my dad's company. They do things like that. I can help you with your application."

"REALLY??"

"Omo, thank you so much!!!!" you give him a hug from across the table. He seems to have frozen. When you release him from the hug, you see that his face is all red.

"Are you allergic to blueberries, president-nim?" you ask.

"... No... but I-I'm fine," he says taking a gulp of water. "By the way, Haneul, you've met Yoona right?"

"Ah, yeah I have. At the dance competition and she was there at your beach resort too."

"What do you think of her?"

"She's perfect." ;AAA; "Absolutely perfect."

And I frikkin hate her for that.

"Really? If that's the case, then I should be content with her, yes?"

"Pretty much. She's the whole package." D:

Siwon nods, understanding. "Kim Haneul, if you were a girl--"

You choke on another marshmallow and drink some water.

"--if you were a girl, and another girl liked you, how would that make you feel?"

"... Kind of weird. I've never had that happen to me before so I don't know."

Siwon nods again. You gasp.

"IS YOONA LIKE THAT?"

"No no!" he laughs. "I just have a hunch that someone else is."

._.

"Okay..."

You both walk back to school after eating. Once you reach the dorms, you wave goodbye to Siwon.

"Thank you again so so much, president-nim!" you bow.

He chuckles and says, "Call me Siwon."

You blink at him. "Okay... Siwon..."

Interesting development. o:

He waves and goes into his room. You decide to go:

Into your room.

To the garden.