Dinner with the beloved Roommate

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

ROOM 101

Heechul and you eat your big jajangmyun orders. 

"I love these noodles~" Heechul says. 

"Mhmhmffm!!" you agree, mouth full of noodles and black sauce. 

"No wonder they eat these noodles on Black Day," Heechul continues. "Being single is OSOM!!"

"I thought you wanted to have a girlfriend, hyung," you chuckle.

"Nah, I want to have a GIRL," he corrects you. "Not a GIRLFRIEND."

"Oh-kayyy? Difference?"

"Damn, Haneul," he looks at you in surprise. "Where were you raised? A temple? A GIRLFRIEND is someone you're committed to. Having just a GIRL is just playing around dating someone but you can have more than one~!" 

=_=

"Uhhh... Isn't that being a playboy?" you point out.

"Why else do you think I'm Korea's #1 Pretty Boy???" he answers, letting out a Disney villain laugh. "MOWAHAHHAHAA"

"If you keep doing that hyung, I'm gonna tell the girls on you." xD

"AISH, DON'T STICK YOUR NOSE INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BEESWAX!!" he smacks you on the head. 

"Fine fine..." you say, annoyed. "But I still don't approve of it..." 

"Meh, you just don't know about The Game!" Heechul says, gesturing at you with his chopsticks. 

"The Game?" 

"The GAME! Where guys and girls play around with each other," he explains. "The mind games, the not picking up of phone calls, the showering of attention then suddenly pulling back to see who wants who more. The first one who gives in loses. Life is like that, Haneul, my child." 

._.

You just blink at him, not understanding much because you've never really been in a relationship. 

"Ahh, nevermind, I'll just tell you more about it once you have someone that strikes your fancy," Heechul says, eating more of his jajangmyun. 

"Right now, hyung, I don't really have the time to like anyone," you reply. "I'm more worried about the other guys-- Youngwoon and Jungsu hyungs..."

"Aiish, Haneulie, don't worry too much about them because they can handle themselves. We've each got our own problems but we don't want other people getting dragged into it as well, right?"

"Yyyeah..." 

"Same thing with them! They can handle themselves. And Youngwoon, he won't die easily. So don't think too much about it and stress yourself out over nothing." 

"Well... how about you? Do you have any problems that you keep to yourself too, hyung?"

"Me? Of course not! My life is perfect," he says, matter-of-factly. 

You doubt it. You realize that you dont know so much about Heechul. He's just really extraverted. He's your room mate though but he seems to keep a lot of things to himself. 

"Are you sure you're fine? If you have anything you need to let out, you could always tell me, you know," you say. 

"I'm telling you, I'm fine! What's wrong with you, Haneul?" he says. "Go eat your jajangmyun and stop staring at me like that. I mean, I know I'm pretty but please..." 

You decide to just change the topic. 

"Oh, hyung, remember that time when we joined the band contest and Siwon said he'd give us all a cruise trip? When will that be?" 

"OH CRAP I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT," he facepalms himself. "I should remind him and keep bugging him 'til he gives us a specific date for it! He'll most probably say that he will arrange for it to be 'after the final exams', just like he does with every other occasion." 

"Speaking of which, when are the final exams?" you ask.

"Mid-July, probably from the 12th to the 14th." 

"Hm, we've still got more than a month... But I should probably start studying already," you speculate. 

"Actually, I'm thinking of doing the same," Heechul says proudly. "You know those Kpop idols who get investigations and their school records are found? I have just GOT to be a straight-A student. Girls will go gaga over me!" 

=_= Again with the girls...

You both finish your jajangmyun. 

"Oh by the way, hyung, how is your dance club going? What exactly do you guys do there anyway?"

"Well, Haneul, you didn't join so I won't tell you."

:/

Heechul laughs, "Haha, just kidding nigga! We are trained every Friday by different dancers and idols who give us homework to make our own versions of song choreographies. Which reminds me... we have homework choreo due next Friday but I'm sort of stumped right now." He scratches his head. "The original choreography seems perfect as it is so I'm having a hard time adding to it..." 

"Have you and your team mates talked about it?" you ask.

"Not yet, but I think, yeah, we need to discuss it. I'm with Donghee and Donghae on this one. Plus another dude that you might not know." 

"Oh, okay," you nod. "Can I watch you guys practice sometime?" 

"Sure thang~ Just don't tell anyone about our ultra-secret osom moves or else I'll kill you in your sleep." 

Gulp. 

"Uhh... okay, I won't." o_O

Heechul gives you a sweet smile and packs away the empty food containers.

You do the same and go to sleep. 

Zzzzz...