Donghae's crush

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 

"Great! Come with me, let's go up to the roof so that no one can hear us," Donghae says excitedly.

 

ROOFDECK

Donghae sits on the ledge. "Come come," he pats the space beside him. You sit down beside Donghae.

"So..." you say.

He bites his lip and straightens up. "Okay, I've liked this girl for a year now and I think she's really pretty and nice and talented and speaks good English and..." 

"Mhm?"

"Well, yeah you get the picture. Generally, I'm okay around girls but when I'm around someone I REALLY REALLY like, I get so awkward and stutter and my knees freeze in place and... Aish, you get the picture." 

"So what do you need me to do?"

"Just, uh, for now, give me some tips and techniques or something. Like, what do girls usually like talking about?"

"Oh god, you're such a noob," you laugh.

"Eiiiishh, don't make fun of me! Why do you think I'd come to you, huh?"

"Okay, first of all, you can't ask ME what she likes talking about because your friend isn't me." 

"She's... not my friend."

"Oh, so you've never talked to her?"

He shakes his head.

"Ever?" 

"Nope..."

"Okay, first of all, I think it might be better for you to start off as friends because based on my experience, I'd be more-- I mean, the GIRL would be more comfortable if you got to know her first in a non-awkward setting." 

"Oh really? So I can't just go up to her and ask for her number?"

"... No. She'd think you were a weirdo creep."

"Ah... I guess that plan is out then. I was planning to directly confess to her. Dx"

"Anyway, you should first try becoming friends with her and then try to see how she acts towards other people because since you're a guy... and you're good-looking... she might act nice only around you, but in reality, she has an evil stone-cold heart."

"Well, maybe I'll be able to melt that heart~"

You roll your eyes. "It's up to you. That's the first advice I'm going to give you. When you need me again next time, just call me."

"Thanks a lot, Haneul-ah. You're awesome."

The two of you sit silently on the ledge looking up at the night sky. You glance at Donghae who also happens to glance at you at the same time.

You both look away but out of the corner of your eye, you see Donghae's brows are knitted together, as if he was puzzled about something.

"Ya, Haneul-ah...." he says.

"Hm?" 

"You really look like a girl. Honestly, it sometimes makes me awkward looking straight at you like this. But you're not gay or anything, right?"

"MWO?? NO! Of course not!! I'm a man!"

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"Uh..."

"Come on, just tell me~ Just between us guys!" he tugs at your arm.

Crap. Another lie coming out.

"Yeah, I did. A year ago."

"So you're not together anymore?"

"Nnno..."

"What was she like? Did she have dimples and a nice forehead?"

"Huh? Well, I actually don't... Uh, I mean, yeah she did! But what I liked about her most is that she was really smart, funny, crazy, and was always there for me when I needed her." 

"How did you guys meet?" he asks excitedly.

Donghae, you ask too much questions...

"I was playing Starcraft and I was losing," you say enthusiastically. "Then I found out that my opponent was that girl. We talked a bit and after some time, we eventually got together."

I really do know how to play Starcraft though. Just in case he challenges me, I'll be able to do it.

"Woah, your ex-girlfriend is so cool!! I wish Jessica were like that. Then she'd be the ultimate perfect girl~~"

"Don't get your hopes up," you chuckle. He sighs and smiles at you. You both stand up and proceed to go back downstairs.

"Thanks a lot again, Haneul-ah. If you need anything, just call me, okay??"

"Sure thing," you say.

"Ah, and by the way, the results are gonna be put up tomorrow. Being the judge, I have the right to let you know in advance--and also as thanks for earlier-- that you have been chosen to be part of class 3-B's dance troupe. Rehearsals begin tomorrow. Do your best~"

You wave him off. "Thanks, Donghae!! See you then!"

Donghae stops and makes a gun-shooting motion at you. Then he moonwalks backward into his room. 

Funny guy. 

I'm going to help him with this girl.

I wish that girl was me...