You enter the Student Council Office.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

8:00pm, STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE

You're back in the place you so dreaded from the beginning of the school year. It looks the same as always. Except for that lavender scent in the air. You wonder if they changed their room spray since it doesn't smell so much like a hospital anymore. But then again, maybe it's someone who wears really strong perfume. Ryeowook is sitting at the receiving area and Siwon is looking through some files behind him. 

"Hi, Haneulie~" Ryeowook greets you.

Siwon clears his throat and gives him a look. 

"Oh, uh, I--I mean," Ryeowook stammers, flustered. "Good evening, Kim Haneul. Are you ready for your interview?" 

You take a deep breath. "Yes..." 

"Please step right through that door," he points to a white wooden door that you don't recognize.

We're not doing it in the all-purpose student court room/test room/everything else room? xD

On the door is a paper sign with the words "INTERVIEW SCHEDULE" written on them as well as the time slots of you and the other two guys who got accepted into the council. You step inside and take a seat in front of the desk that has Choi Siwon embellished on a gold-colored name plate. Instead of pictures on his desk, he has lots of pens and neatly arranged folders plus a white desk lamp shaped like a lotus flower. You quickly set your phone to silent mode.

After a couple of minutes, Siwon enters the room with Ryeowook who takes a seat behind you and pulls out a notepad. Siwon sits in his swivel chair at the desk.

"Good evening, Kim Haneul," he says, not smiling. "I understand that you applied for a position in the student council and you have passed the previous two screenings. Congratulations."

"Thank you, president-nim," you smile a bit, bowing your head. 

"I am curious though as to why and how you were able to do it," he says, placing his hand on his chin curiously. 

"I didn't cheat, I swear!!" you burst out abruptly. 

"Oh, that's okay, I don't think anyone would cheat just to be in the student council," he chuckles. 

There is something about the way he is chuckling that makes him seem a bit eerie...

"First of all, let's go through your test answers." He puts on his glasses and then takes out what seems to be your test results. "Ah, here. Question #4." He reads it out loud to you. 

4. Why?

a. This question lacks information.

b. Not

c. Are you asking me this?

d. This question is unanswerable.

e. None of the above.

"You answered B. Not. Why is that?" he asks. 

"Uh... Well," you stammer. "I-I just thought that it sounded right. I honestly don't know. I just guessed that one." 

"Oh really?" he raises an eyebrow at you. "Okay then, moving on." He skims through the rest of your test answers. "Kim Haneul, be honest with me. How many percent of your answers did you just guess?" 

"Umm... 90%? 85%?" you reply, scratching your head.

"You must be a very lucky guy then. Another question though, do you remember question #8 of the essay portion?" 

"Uhhh..." 

He sighs and shows you the paper. 

8. You are in a fantasy world. A knight with a shiny helmet is holding a lance. A beautiful princess is smiling while gathering oleander flowers in the meadow. A cute child is grinding diamonds. An angry witch is brewing chamomile and lavender in a cauldron. An ugly troll is chopping down a tree. Who can be possible suspects if the King dies?

"Your answer here was very interesting. I'm sure you didn't just guess this one. Could you please explain your answer to me?"

You remember this question. It was a pretty tricky one and normally, people would choose the troll or the witch. But that time, you chose the princess and the child. Your mind travels back to the time you snuck into your haraboji's library. Your grandpa was very fond of collecting strange and intriguing books, mostly about machines, riddles, secret codes. That time, a 10 year old Haneul found a dusty book that was of particular interest...

"President-nim," you begin. "The knight was simply holding his lance. He was probably preparing for a jousting tournament or something. The witch was brewing chamomile and lavender, which together make a very lovely calming tea to probabyl soothe her anger. The troll was simply chopping down a tree, maybe for his house or for firewood.

The princess, however, was gathering oleander flowers. In a world like that where chamomile and lavender grows, why doesn't she gather those instead? Oleander is a poisonous flower and she could have killed the king due to her stupidity in thinking that her father would probably love to have some wild flower tea, or because she intended to kill her father in the first place. Typical child-of-the-king usurper story."

Siwon folds his hands together and listens to you intently, never taking his eyes off of yours. 

You continue, "As for the child, why would a child be tasked to grind diamonds in the first place? That's child labor and it's illegal. But oh well, since it's a fantasy world, I'll just focus on the fact that diamonds are not supposed to be ground into dust. Why? Because if inhaled, that would mean a very painful and slow death. The diamond dust attaches itself into the lungs and trachea causing internal bleeding but since it's "just finely ground dust", no one would find much except just a lot of bleeding in the windpipes." 

Siwon claps his hands. Ryeowook joins in. "Very good analysis, Kim Haneul," he says with a hint of a smile. "You know, you were the only one in the whole batch who got that answer correct. Not even the other two guys who passed got that correct." 

You can't help but grin from ear-to-ear. 

"Thank you so much, president-nim," you bow. 

"Now, I'd like to ask you: Why do you want to be part of the student council." 

"Honestly, just because it will help me get a better job after I graduate." 

He lifts an eyebrow. "Really? Not to help your fellow students and try to make a change in the school's system?" 

"I don't see myself as someone who can make a very big impact," you explain. "My grades are just average, I'm not very talented, I'm not pre--handsome either, nor am I very confident. I'm just a normal guy. And it's not normal guys that change the world, president-nim. It's guys like YOU who can. So I'm willing to help you and do whatever I can so that YOU and other special people like you can have the ability and capacity to do your, uh... world-changing." 

"That's... interesting, Haneul," he says. You notice that he is trying to keep his composure but his eyes show that he's really thinking about your answer. 

Scooooore~!

"One more question before you go, Haneul," Siwon says. "What do you expect from the student council?"

"You mean like, as a student or what do I expect to experience while I'm part of it?"

"The latter one."

"Well, truthfully, I expect less free time for myself, lots of paperwork, lots of running around doing errands for you, taking care of school bullies, spying on students so I can catch them cheating on tests or doing whatever illegal school stuff they're doing, lots of extra reading like the rumors say, aaaand yeah, that's pretty much it."

"Oh," Siwon blinks. "Well, that's... actually what we do. You are a pretty good guesser. Maybe that's your hidden talent."

The three of you have a little laugh. 

"But don't make a habit of it," Siwon says sternly. "Thank you, Kim Haneul, you may go now." 

Ryeowook shows you out of the office. 

"I think I ," you whine. 

"I think you did well," Ryeowook says, patting your back. 

"Oh well, either way, I'll be okay, I think," you groan. 

"Aww, Haneulie, you're going to get in the student council, I just know it," he says, giving you a big hug. "You've got great potential. You'll be accepted, I just know it!" 

"Thanks for the encouragement, Wookie," you smile.

"We'll keep you posted on the results of the interview, Haneul," he smiles back. "Now you go and get some rest. Siwon's interviews are mentally draining. Even for me. o_O"

"You get some rest too, Wookie!" you chuckle.

"Oh, I can't yet. Dx We still have to talk with the Principal about the results."

"The Principal?" o:

"Yes," he whispers. "He was actually listening in on all the interviews. Don't tell anyone I said so." 

"WHA-- Oh-kayyy..."

"Go on, get out of here, Haneul," he laughs and waves you off. "Go to sleep." 

"Good niiiiight, Wookieeeee~~" you wave back at him. 

Crap, if I had known that earlier, I probably would have pooped my pants. @_@

As you walk, you check your phone and see that you have a message from Joongki. 

It says:

Mr. Whale wanted to me to text you this:

(.____.  )<  "You can do it, Haneul!! You will be the most osom cupcake ever!!! Fighting!!!!" 

I believe in you, Kim Haneul. :) I'd give you a hug but I'm not there. So, *hug*.

Aw... Thanks, Joongki oppa. :) But I saw your message too late. xD I'll try to make time for you sometime soon.

Go back to your dorm room to sleep because you love Wookie so you will follow him.