The Perfect Man

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

JUNE 5, SATURDAY, MORNING: DORM ROOM

You wake up to the sound of hushed voices and breathing. 

Why do I hear breathing? ._.

You open your eyes and see Heechul, Donghee, and Donghae staring at you from just a few inches away. 

"Oh, he woke up!" Donghee says.

"What's this about, guys?" you yawn sleepily. 

"We're discussing the dance choreography for next Friday," Heechul explains.

"Oh okay... But why on my bed?" you ask, confused.

"Well, we were observing you to help us think of dance steps," Donghae says cheerfully.

"Uhhh... that is totally not weird," you say sarcastically. "Have my sleeping habits inspired you in any way?"

"Well, no..." Heechul chuckles. "But it was fun placing stuff on you and balancing them all." 

WTF? o_O

"ANYWAY, we started to do a few moves but we realized that they're all just empty steps," Donghee tells you. "We need to put our hearts into it. That's what we learn at SM Entertainment training." 

"But we can't seem to think of any moves," Heechul complains. "Now, we're discussing the lyrics of the song itself."

"It's very simple but I don't understand why Donghee and Heechul aren't just making the moves based on the written lyrics," Donghae mutters. 

"What IS it about anyway?" you ask.

"This guy wants to get back together with his ex because he still loves her and he's convincing her that they should be together again," Heechul states plainly. 

"That looks simple enough to me," you say.

"BUT HANEUL," Heechul whines, grabbing you by the shoulders and shaking you to the rhythm of his words. "Where is your sense of artistry and uniqueness??? We must read between the lines. I bet all those other teams are going to make dance steps according to exactly what is written down. We have to make ourselves known to be more superior because you've got two team mates who are trainees of SM Entertainment!!" 

You feel dizzy from all the shaking. @_@

"So what now?" you say, still woozy. You think you see stars coming from the top of your head. 

There is silence.

"What if..." Donghee says quietly. "we make dance moves based on the title? Like, what it means to be a 'Perfect Man'?" 

Heechul looks at him like "wtf-you-sayin-nigga". Then after it sinks in...

"HOLY CRAPZOIDS THAT'S BRILLIANT, DONGHEE!!!!" Heechul shouts and pounces on him. 

"Yay~ We got something!" Donghae sings as he lifts your hands up in the air as if you were some sort of marionette.

o_O

"Hooray~" 

 

And so the four of you begin your search, looking for the PERFECT MAN that he may provide inspiration to your artistic talents and so that you can help your friends impress their dance coach next Friday with their, as Heechul puts it, "ultra-secret superduperly amanimazing dance moves". 

 

DORM LOBBY

"You know what, guys, we wouldn't even have to be on this search if I was the 100% Perfect Man," Heechul says. "My one flaw is that people don't see it very well." 

"Whatever, hyung," you roll your eyes and laugh. 

You observe the other students going in and out of the lobby. Among these are Sungmin, Jongwoon, and Hyukjae. 

"8, 7, and 5," Heechul states. 

"What?" 

"My ratings on how perfect they are," Heechul says. "8, 7 and 5, respectively." 

=_= 

"HAHAHA, Hyukjae is a 5!! Hey hey hey, how about us, Heechullie~?" Donghae asks. 

Heechul narrows his eyes at the three of you. "Donghee is a 7.68, Donghae you're an 8, and Haneul is a 4." 

"WHAT???" you shout.

"HAHAHAHAHAH!!" Donghee and Donghae laugh. 

"Why the heck am I just a 4??? I'm ranked even lower than Hyukjae???" you complain.

"Because you've got a pretty face, and no muscles," Heechul explains. "The 4 points is actually only because you play the drums and you break dance. 2 points for each skill."

=_=

"I will not accept that," you say, folding your arms. "What rank are YOU then, hyung?" 

"I'm obviously a 9," Heechul shrugs, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Pshh, bullcrap," you argue. 

"Don't be a sore loser, Haneul, or else you'll never have balls~" Heechul sings. 

=_=

"aksjfnkjsnalkmslms," you mutter.

Kyuhyun enters the lobby. 

"7," Heechul says. 

"Why is HE a 7???" you complain. 

"He's tall and pretty good-looking but not as much as me," he explains. "How about you, Haneul? What is your height, hm? Hm? Hmmm?" 

You slump backwards into your seat. 

"Don't feel so bad, Haneul~" Donghae comforts you. "I'm short too!" 

"And I'm fat," Donghee remarks. "But I have a girlfriend, so one day you'll find one too!" 

o_O 

Uhh... no thanks.

Kibum enters the lobby with Siwon. You and the others anxiously wait for Heechul's judgement. 

Heechul shifts in his seat and tilts his head a bit, narrowing his eyes. Then he says, "9.8." 

??

"Who is?" you all ask. 

"Both of them," Heechul says dumfoundedly. "They're both 9.8." 

"And what are you basing these assumptions on, hyung?" you ask him.

"My man-radar. Come on, let's tail them."

Follow Siwon and Kibum.