This jerk always bothers me.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

"This jerk always bothers me," you say, faking irritance.

"Actually, HE'S bothering me," Kyuhyun smirks. "I'm gonna go somewhere else to chill. Losers." He walks away as you and Kibum watch him go. Kibum takes a seat on the bench beside you and places his book on his lap. He takes off his glasses. In the distance, you see Kyuhyun look back over his shoulder and give a little wave. 

^w^ Hee~

"What WAS he doing here with you, Haneul?" Kibum asks curiously.

"I went out here with Jungsu hyung and after he left, Kyuhyun showed up saying that this was his personal spot so I wasn't allowed to be here. And I told him off, then things got all rumbly tumbly after that," you lie.

"Ahh," Kibum says. "Well, just keep out of his way like I do and you'll be fine."

You laugh inside at how useless his advice is but you just nod in comprehension.

There is a long and awkward silence between you and Kibum. Then he finally breaks the ice, "You busy, Haneul?"

"Uh, not really, why?" you blink.

"I'm, uh, looking for someone," he says. "But I don't really have enough clues to go on."

"Do you at least know how he or she looks like?" you question.

"Yeah, although her face is pretty hazy now in my memory," Kibum rubs his nose. "Do you remember that time we were at the beach?"

Gulp. The time I wore a dress and tried not to be recognized?

"Yeah," you laugh nervously. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

"Did you see the girl I took to dinner with me?"

"... Nnnnnope, sorry. I was having dinner with Jiwon," you try to cough your nervousness away. "Who was she?"

"Some mysterious stranger... sometimes I catch myself wondering if she was real or not," he looks at the book on his lap. "Or if she was a ghost, like in those horror books I read."

You glance at the title.

"Siworae." Wait, that's not a horror story. It's about a man and a woman living in two different time periods communicating through some mysterious magical mailbox. A supernatural story about 'time-transcending love', as the title translates.

"But that's not a horror story," you point out to him.

"Well, yeah... it isn't," Kibum says awkwardly. "But it's quite comforting right now. Don't tell anyone I'm reading this book, okay??"

You laugh, "I don't think there are many people here who care much about reading. Moreso, about the stuff that YOU read."

Wait a minute. Horror books? Now that he mentions it...

"Do you read 'Goosebumps'?" you ask.

"Of course," Kibum replies. "A lot of book-readers read 'Goosebumps'."

"Ohh..." So I guess that trail isn't gonna get me anywhere closer to finding my Flashlight guy. Or maybe... Kim Kibum is smart enough to debunk all my questions.

"Tell you what," you challenge him. "I'll help you find your girl. But in return, YOU help ME find someone as well."

"You're also looking for someone? Who?" he asks.

"There are some nights when I go to the gazebo over there, and there's a guy holding a flashlight over a book. He usually reads 'Goosebumps'. I think he's a student at this school. He's helped me out a lot since I first came to Seoul High but until now, he hasn't told me his name and he won't show me his face."

Kibum blinks at you. "Oh-kayyy?"

You grin at him expectantly.

"Uhh," he says. "So you've also got nothing to go on?"

You decide not to tell him about the flashlight you found, just in case Kibum himself is hiding the truth.

"Hmm," you rub your chin. "He knows about the beagle in the garden. And he used to be Kyuhyun's room mate in freshman year."

"Interesting," he says. "I never really found out much about Cho Kyuhyun's former room mates. It'll be awkward to try to ask him. I COULD check the school records, since I'm part of the student council."

"Oh, yes please!!" you exclaim, grabbing his arm and shaking it around. "That would help me out a lot!!!"

He smiles and gently takes your hands off his arm. 

"Don't be forgetting your side of the bargain, Kim Haneul."

"Of course not!" you say with matching hand gestures. "Uh, do you, uh... have any clues about that girl?"

"She told me her name was Ahn Paran. I doubt it was her real name though."

Smart boy. xD

"Aaaand...? That's all?"

He thinks for a moment, then nods and says, "Yup, that's all."

"Okay, then, I'll help you find your mysterious Ahn Paran, and you help me find Flashlight guy."

He laughs out loud.

"What?" o_O

"You call him 'Flashlight Guy'?"

"Uh, yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"It's the stupidest nickname I've ever heard for a mysterious stranger. Or maybe you're just not fit to go into writing books."

You fold your hands over your chest and pout. "Whatever. Stupid bookworm." 

"I should probably get going," he says as he stands up with his book. "I'm gonna go read in my favorite spot."

You narrow your eyes at him.

"And where is that?" you question.

"Outside school. In my favorite cafe."

"... Oh, okay. Bye, then."

He waves you off and walks away.

So maybe he isn't Flashlight Guy either. Or maybe he's just too smart to go to the gazebo right now. *^* I will find out the truth sooner or later, Kim Kibum.

You stand up and walk back to the dorms.

 

DORM HALLWAY

You almost bump into Heechul who had just walked out of your room.

"Oh, hyung!" you say.

"Haneul! I was just about to look for you," he replies. "Your phone has been ringing for a loooong time. I would have answered it but the name of the caller was 'Appa'."

O_O

"WHAT??? Gimme that." You grab the Samsung phone from him.

I don't have a phone... Oh right, that Song Joongki guy gave me one.

Heechul goes back into the room. "FINALLY I CAN GET SOME PEACE AND QUIET," he says as he shuts the door.

The phone rings again.

Why is dad calling? ._.

Am I in trouble?

Wait a minute, why does he even know this number anyway??

Unless, it's not my dad...

The phone rings again.

Answer it.

Ignore it.