The Beginning of a Series of Events...

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

March 2, 2004

Early Morning: CLASS 3-B, Seoul High School

You take a deep breath and step into the classroom. As expected, there are only boys in the room and right now, they're really rowdy throwing things at each other and joking loudly.

You spot an empty seat somewhere in the back. If I sit there, maybe no one will notice me and I can get through the school year invisible to everyone. You place your bag on the desk and sit down.

It suddenly gets quiet and you look around you to see everyone looking at you. You decide to ignore their stares and lower your head, wishing that they wouldn't notice anything strange about you.

The door flings open and you straighten up, thinking that it's the teacher but it turns out to be just another student. Tall, muscular in a lean way, and kind of rugged-looking, the student enters the room. He has a scary intimidating aura and when he sees you, he practically glares and doesn't shift his gaze anywhere else. He gets to your seat and throws your bag out behind him.

 

You are too shocked to react.

"Get out of my seat," he says in a sluggish voice.

You stand up and watch him as he sits down and swings his feet on top of the desk. 

What an obnoxious guy, you think. He acts as if he owns the place

"What did you say?" he blurts out.

Oh god, I must have said that aloud. 

"Huh?" you say, pretending that you didn't say anything. 

"I heard you."

"Then why did you have to ask what I said?" you mutter under your breath. 

The guy stands up looking like he is going to punch you hard in the face. You swallow the lump that is stuck in your throat. He stomps over to you but another guy, shorter than him, puts his arm around his shoulder to stop him. 

"Ya, Cho Kyuhyun, don't waste your energy on small fry like him. How could he have known that that was your seat? Calm down, the teacher's gonna be here any minute now." 

"WHAT'S IT TO YOU?? HE PISSES ME OFF!" 

"Relax, bro. Chill. I'll make sure this guy doesn't get in your way anymore, okay?" 

Kyuhyun sits back down and pounds his fist on the desk. He lets out a deep frustrated breath. 

You slide into the nearest empty seat and let out a breath as well, both of relief and of anticipation of misery. 

So much for being invisible. 

The door opens and the teacher enters the room. 

"Good morning, boys," he says. "Everyone please take your seats." 

"Hey," whispers the guy who sat in the desk next to yours. "You better stay out of his way for your own good. And just so you know, his dad does own the school." 

Oh great. 

"I was hoping to stay invisible until the year is over..." you say.

"Well, that's never going to happen. I'm Lee Donghae, by the way." 

"Nice to meet you. I'm--"

"We have a new student in this class. Please come to the front and introduce yourself," the teacher gestures for you to come forward. "Oh and Mr. Lee, please take off your headphones."

You can feel everyone's eyes on you. It's quite nauseating, given your current situation... 

"Good morning, my name is Kim Haneul. It's nice to meet you all," you bow.

"Okay, you may take your seat now." 

As you go back to your seats, you hear mocking whispers.

"He looks so scrawny."

"He looks like a girl."

"He's probably gay and takes estrogen pills."

"Oh no, I don't want to be roommates with the ." 

 

Sigh... This is going to be a long school year. 

 

Take out your notebook and begin taking down notes for class.

 

Rest your head on your hands and wait miserably until this useless first class is over.