A Fairytale for a Night

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

The sun begins to set on the shore of the Asian Fusion Beach Resort and the guys are getting hungry. The games have ended and there is no doubt that it is dinner time. How each of you catches dinner though is totally up to you.

"Guys, Siwon told me that there's a fish pond behind the resort's waterfalls," Jungsu says. "It'll be fun. Let's go catch our dinner."

"Oh yeah! You guys can use fishing rods. I only need my hands, hehehe," Youngwoon boasts.

"Catch a fish for me with your hands too, hyung," Donghae says to Youngwoon.

"Of course I won't. You already have free dinner with your new girlfriend."

"Hyuuung," he blushes. "She's not my girlfriend."

"NOT YET," says Youngwoon, giving Donghae a smug face. :>

"Come on, guys, I'm hungry," Hyukjae says, tugging at Sungmin's shirt.

"I have an idea," Heechul says. "Let's ask the other girls if  they want to go fishing with us!"

"Right! I'm sure it'll be fun!" Hangeng says.

"Haneul oppa!" you hear Jiwon call.

"Oh, Jiwon," you respond. "What's up?"

"Jiwooooon, wanna go fishing with us?" Youngwoon asks.

"No thanks, guys. I'm gonna kidnap Haneul for a while. Come with me, Haneul."

"Ooohhhhh..." you hear some of the guys say.

Those malicious minds of theirs... =_=

You and Jiwon go into the elevator of the main building. She takes you into her room.

 

JIWON'S RESORT ROOM

I can't believe how rich Siwon's family is. o_o

Jiwon goes into her walk-in closet and you sit down on her bed. *plop* She comes out again after a few minutes and throws something at you. It's a blue sunhat, a blue beach dress, and a huge chunk of hair.

"W-what are these, Jiwon?" you ask.

"A sunhat, a dress, and a wig, dumdum," she replies, leaning against the door of her closet. "They're for you for the night."

"Mwo?? I can't go out like this and get found out by the guys. I'm supposed to be a guy, remember?"

Jiwon sighs and walks over to sit beside you on the bed. She looks at you squarely in the eye.

"Haneul unnie, you've been trying so hard and you need a break. You need breaks to be a girl every once in a while. At least just this once. You get to be a girl. Don't worry, I'll cover for you."

"I... I don't know..." you say but still gazing longingly at the beautiful dress which is in your hands now.

"Unnie, please. Just this once. Do it for yourself," she says as she places the wig into your hands and closes your fingers over them. "No one will ever recognize you like this."

You think it over and then, with a deep breath, take the items with you to Jiwon's bathroom. You look at yourself in the mirror.

Hey, you. You're gonna be able to let your real self out now. Just for a few hours. Then it'll be back to the real world. Take this chance, Haneul. You're a "man" after all.

You smile at your reflection and wear the dress, pin the wig into place and put the sunhat on your head. You check if your face is okay and not all messed up. Afterwards, you step back outside.

"Well...?" you say hesitatingly.

"You look so pretty, unnie!" Jiwon jumps. She looks like she is suddenly filled with sparks of excitement. "Turn around~"

You do as she says and the dress twirls around, following your movements.

"So beautiful~" she says putting her hands together. "For sure, the guy you like will like you when he sees you like this."

"... But none of the guys are supposed to see me like this..."

"... Oh... Right... Well, it's okay. The point of this anyway is for you to enjoy the sunset as who you originally were before you entered Seoul High School," Jiwon says. "You don't even need makeup to look pretty, unnie. I'm jealous."

"YOU? Jealous of ME?" you laugh. "That's bullcrap."

"Ahahah, don't forget that for now, you're a girl so you shouldn't talk that way outside. At least for tonight."

"Thanks a lot, Jiwon," you smile. "I owe you one."

"Think nothing of it, my dear," she says, mimicking a British accent even though she is speaking Korean. "I am your fairy godmother for tonight."

You give her a big hug and go back downstairs. "I'll go look after the other guys. You go enjoy the sunset by the seashore. By the way, you can borrow this too," Jiwon places something in your hand and winks. "See ya, unnie."

As she walks away, you open your hand. It's a silver chain necklace with a pendant of a sapphire water drop.

It's so simple yet so beautiful...

You place it around your neck. You then make your way down into the lobby, feeling as fresh as a daisy. When you step out of the doors of the building onto the grains of glowing orange-golden sand, the wind whispers a gentle breeze that sends your dress dancing along. You make your way toward the point where the water kisses the shore with every wave that caresses the outlines of the coast. You breathe in the sight that your eyes behold. It feels perfect. You can't help but giggle at how awesome this feels.

You wiggle your toes in the sand and take a step further. With the water now covering your ankles, you wade along the side of the shore, taking care that Jiwon's sunhat doesn't fly away.

"Oy, agasshi!" you hear someone call from behind.

You slowly turn around and see 2 older guys walking wibbly wobbly towards you. They're drunk. This is not good...

"U-uhh..."

"Agassi, what are you doing here by yourself? Won't you come play with us?"

"Yeaaaah, promise, it'll be funnnn."

"I'm sorry, I need to go," you say as you turn to run away but one of the guys grabs your hand first before you take another step. He squeezes it so tight and his nails dig deep into your skin.

"AHH!!" you scream. "LET GO OF ME!!"

They start dragging you with them across the shore. "Coooome, we're shtayyying at the other rrrsort beside this one!"

"NOOO!! HELP!! HELP!!"

"Can I come along?" another voice says.

"Huh?" says the guy holding your arm. He looks back.

*POW!!*

In less than a second, he lay on the ground unconscious. You look back at the newcomer.

Kim Kibum???

The second guy tries to land a right hook on Kibum's face but he dodges it with agility. Kibum counters it with a one-two punch combo, straight in the stomach and ending with an uppercut that sends the guy flying backwards. He is knocked out.

Kibum takes out his cellphone and takes pictures of the guys. He then does something on his cellphone and turns to you. You try to hide your face from him under your hat.

"Are you alright, miss?"

"N-neh, I'm okay. G-gomaw-- I mean, gamsahabnida."

You keep yourself turned away from him. You're so nervous your knees are shaking.

Please go away now. I'm not Kim Haneul. I'm a girl you don't frikkin know. laksjdlsl;kdfj

"May I know your name, miss? We need to report this to the authorities."

"U-uh... my name?"

"Yes, your name."

"I-I'm... "

You look down and see the bright blue pendant hanging on your neck.

"...Ahn Paran. That's my name. Ahn Paran." (A/N: "Paran" means blue in English)

"Okay, Miss Ahn Paran, don't worry, the authorities are on their way to clean this mess up."

...

You still have your back turned.

"Are you scared of me?" Kibum gently asks.

"N-no... why would I be scared of you?"

"Well, because I might be an accomplice of these guys as well? Or other possibilities. It's impolite not to face the person while talking. You're pretty rude."

"AISH," you say. I've had enough of his ego!! You finally turn around to glare at him. There is an element of surprise on his face, which gently dissolves into a smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Ahn Paran. My name is Kim Kibum."

"Hi," you say before you turn around again to stomp away.

"Wait! Have we met before?" you hear him ask.

"No, we haven't. I've never seen you before in my life. Now please go away so I can enjoy the sunset and evening breeze by myself."

"Would you like to have dinner with me, Ahn Paran?"

... "Mwo?"

"I've got a table for two at the restaurant. It's an intercontinental buffet tonight and I have an extra ticket. It's the least I can do to make you feel better about what happened."

Buffet? D: So this is the prize for the dinner date from the games earlier...

You turn around to face him once again and look down at your feet. "Fine. But only because I'm hungry."

He offers his arm. You look at his smiling face, so sweet and unlike the anti-social Kibum that you know.

Sheesh. He's only like this around girls. If only they really knew how he is like. =_= Still, he's really cute without his glasses... I guess, right now I really can be a girl. Just for tonight.

You take his arm and walk with him into the restaurant portion of the resort. Just like Kibum said, there is a huge buffet of food from almost every place you can imagine. Your mouth waters at the sight and smells that greet you. You go and fill your plate with overflowing varieties of food and follow Kibum to your table. You see Donghae and Jessica having dinner two tables away.

Good. Donghae hasn't noticed me.

"So where do you go to school, Paran-sshi?"

"U-uh... Ehwa!"

"Ah, so you know Jiwon and the other girls?"

"Yeah, Jiwon's a good friend of mine..."

"I see. She should take care of you better," he chuckles.

You start to eat and he keeps making small talk with you. You just try to answer his questions as casually and minimally as you can.

"You know what, you remind me of a friend of mine."

You almost choke on your sashimi, "M-mwo? *cough*"

He nods. "We actually just formally met yesterday and he's kind of annoying but I can see that he's a genuine person. I'm a bit anti-social so if it weren't for this extra meal ticket and what happened earlier, I would be eating alone."

"Ahh..." you take a gulp of your water.

"It's the first time I met someone who would go out of his way to help a stranger. I don't trust people easily so I was mean to him at first. But I realized that he's just that type of person. They are pretty rare. I'm very thankful to him, honestly."

You find yourself gazing at your hands in your lap. This is... He really thinks that? :)

"Paran? Is something wrong?"

"N-nothing," you look up at him with a big smile on your face. "I never thought you were actually a nice person who would say things like this."

"Uh, haha, I don't really give off that impression, do I?" he smiles, scratching the back of his neck.

You happen to glance over at Donghae's table and see him staring at you. You quickly look away. From the corner of your eye, you see Jessica trying to garner his attention. He turns back to her. You try to focus on your food and on your dinner date, Kibum. You can't help but steal a few glances at Donghae who is now seeing you dressed up like a girl, although he doesn't know that it is you, Kim Haneul. He glances your way again with a certain glow in his eyes which you brush away because you think that it's not right to assume things.

"I'm up for round 2," you say, standing up with your plate.

"I'll come with you," Kibum says.

On your way to the buffet table, you see Youngwoon coming your way. You realize that you had left your hat at the table so you have no way to hide your face. You do your best to keep your eyes and face turned away from him. Once he has gone past, you take a breather. You glance back to check, only to find that he is also looking back at you with a surprised expression. Quickly, you turn away and start putting food on your plate again.

 

Around 2 hours later...

"Wah, I'm so full," you groan.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your meal," Kibum says.

"Yes, I sure did. Thank you so much for your invitation. I need to go now," you stand up to leave.

"Wait, when can I see you again?" he asks.

"... I don't know. Probably not ever."

You turn around to leave. You run out of the restaurant, making sure that no one was following you, and you go into the elevator back up to Jiwon's room. After you get changed and leave behind Jiwon's stuff, you sneak back to the cottage where boys are packing up their stuff for their trip back to the Seoul High dorms. You slowly open the door.

"Seriously, you should have seen her!!" Youngwoon is telling Jungsu. "She is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen."

"Aaahhh, I wish I could have seen her too," Hangeng whines.

Hah, boy talk. It's back to manhood again, whoop-dee-doo~

You walk over to the bathroom when it opens and Donghae comes out. "HANEUL!" he shouts grabbing you by the shoulders. "Where were you earlier??"

"Uhh... with Jiwon? You guys went fishing right?"

"No no, I went on the dinner date with Jessica, remember?"

"We only went half-fishing because we got too hungry in the middle of it," Heechul says.

"Either way, you should have seen Kibum's date, Haneul," Donghae says with his eyes as big as they could get. "I don't know who she is or where he met her but--"

The door opens. Kibum steps into the room. You gulp down the lump in your throat. He doesn't talk to you. You brush it off and use the bathroom before anyone else does.

I wonder if he has a hunch that it was me? Dx NOOO! Wait, if he did, he would have talked to me right now, wouldn't he?

You hear the guys outside of the bathroom talking.

"Kibum, who the heck was that girl??" Youngwoon asks him.

"What girl?" Kibum replies.

"The one you had dinner with. Your date."

"Ah... I sort of saved her today, so I just took my chance and asked her to dinner so that the extra ticket wouldn't go to waste."

"Who was she?" the others ask.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Didn't she tell you her name? Don't be selfish and just tell us!"

Kibum hesitates, "... Paran. Her name was Paran."

"Blue..." Sungmin says.

"She was wearing a blue sunhat," Kibum adds.

"And she was in a blue beach dress," Donghae says.

"I wish I could have seen the sapphire blue lady too..." Hangeng says.

You finish your bathroom business and go back outside. They had finished packing and are now ready to go. On the car ride home, you try to avoid any questions they might ask by sleeping the whole ride back.

Tomorrow will be another day...