Stand down.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 

You take a deep breath and say in a calm voice, “I’m sorry for spilling the milk tea on you. It was an accident.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that you spilled it on me,” he say. “It’s boiling hot too. How can I even be sure that you didn’t do it on purpose, shrimp?”

“I didn’t,” you say as you turn around to leave the cafeteria.

Before you do, he grabs a plate of pasta and throws it at your face.

“No one turns their backs on me, shrimp,” he says.

“He said he didn’t mean it,” someone shouts.

You turn to look and see that it is Kim Youngwoon and he comes closer to you both. “He already apologized. You should learn to cool your head. Maybe it should have been pat bing soo that spilled all over you so that it would neutralize your temper.”

“Kim Youngwoon-sshi…” you start to say. You don’t want him to get into any trouble.

“No, Haneul-sshi, he always bullies people weaker than him. You shouldn’t let him do this to you.”

“You punk,” Kyuhyun says, “who told you to into other people’s business?”

“Other people’s business is my business also. So you better stop bullying him.”

“Do you want me to spill something on you too?”

“Sure, but make sure it’s just an accident. Then I’d probably forgive you.”

Kyuhyun takes someone’s iced milk tea and pours it on Youngwoon’s head. “Oops, my hand slipped,” he smirks.

Youngwoon takes a deep breath to hold back his anger, and he squeezes the tea from his shirt and stretches his neck. “See? I feel so refreshed from the cold drink. Told you it would help.” He turns to you, “Let’s go, Haneul. Someone spilled his drink on me ‘by accident’. We need to change clothes.”

He takes your arm and leads you out of the cafetera. Donghae and Jungsu catch up with you. Down the hallway, you see a nerdy looking guy with glasses his hair combed down talking to a taller student that has his back facing you.

“Just now, President-nim,” you hear the nerd say in his high pitched voice.

“Sigh, take that troublemaker to my office now,” the taller guy says.

“Omo, president-nim,” the nerd points at you, “that’s the one.”

“Excuse me,” the tall student calls you, “you are the new student, are you not?”

“Yeah, he is,” Youngwoon answers for you.

“I wasn’t talking to you, Kim Youngwoon-sshi,” he says as he turns back to you, “I would like to see you in my office later after classes end. Right now, I must talk to Cho Kyuhyun first.”

The two go back into the room. You turn to the guys with you and ask them, “President-nim?”

“That’s the student council president Choi Siwon,” Donghae answers.

“If you’re being called there, you’re either the cause of trouble or the cause of trouble,” Jungsoo says.

“... Okay,” you say, downcast.

Oh well, at least the student president is so good-looking. And so tall and manly~ Heee~ I guess I can endure a few minutes of scolding.

“Is it true that Siwon’s IQ is equal to his height in centimeters?” Youngwoon asks. “Aish, that guy is so perfect. I hate him. If only I wasn’t so chubby.”

“Even if you weren’t chubby, you still wouldn’t be able to reach him, Youngwoon-ah,” Donghae laughs.

“Babo! I only get low grades because I have better things to do than study.”

“Like Starcraft?” Jungsu asks with a smirk.

“Hey, shut up, you play Starcraft too.”

You reach Room 101 and say goodbye to the guys as they go on to theirs.

“Kim Heechul?” No one is inside the room. You take your extra chest wrap and clothes from your bag and change in the bathroom.

Dear grandpa, today I got into trouble but I didn’t fight back. Should I have told him off? I never knew things would be like this in an all-guys school. The upside though is that I seem to have made new friends who were kind enough to defend me, a new kid. I’m still trying to learn to act like a boy and almost forget sometimes where I am, but I’ll get the hang of it. I want to finish school no matter what so I can support our family.

You finish changing and step out of the bathroom in front of a curious Heechul with his hands on his waist.

“Were you talking to yourself in there?” he asks.

“Y-yeah, why?” you say as you quickly go past him and toss your clothes in the laundry bin.

“Why do you have to learn to act like a boy? What are you, some girl?”

“N-no, of course not,” you answer. “Why would a girl go to an all-guy’s school?”

“Are you gay then?”

“Uh…”

Is this the quickest route out of my situation or will things just get awkward?

“NO WAY! I’m not! It’s just that I, uh, have lots of sisters so all I see are girls everyday,’” you lie.

“Ahahaha, okay, ‘cause if you are lying to me, I will kill you,” he laughs. Then he shifts his mood back to indifference.

"Aish, you should really grow a backbone, you know," he adds. "You're never gonna get through an all-boys school if you keep letting other people step on you."

You look at the clock.

I still need to go see the student council president before dinner. Wew.

7:00 pm: THE STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE

Knock knock.

“Come in,” a high-pitched voice says from inside the room.

You enter and are greeted by the walls painted white and the windows are tinted blue. It is very minimalistic room but it also gives off a corporate feel. Not to mention that doctor/hospital smell. 

You glance at the ID of the guy who took you there. KIM, RYEOWOOK. Secretary General of the Student Council. You feel the urge to let out a laugh. His hair is parted to the side, making him look nerdy and a bit gay. 

 

"President-nim, he's here," Ryeowook says.

"Step into my office," an authoritative voice says from within.

You go in the student council president's office nervously. Ryeowook leaves the two of you and closes the door behind him. You can't see the president's face because his swivel chair is facing the window. 

"Kim Haneul," he says in a soft but firm tone. 

"Y-yes?" 

"Have a seat."

You sit down at his desk and the swivel chair turns around to reveal his face. 

He's quite handsome... I didn't expect for the student council president to be like this. Seemingly perfect...

"My name is Choi Siwon. I'm the student council president of Seoul High School. How do you find the school so far?" 

"U-uh, things are okay. The education is as I had expected, a-and uh... it's a really great learning environment." 

“Do you have any difficulties in any aspect here or any… *cough* inconveniences?”

“No, not really. Why?”

He gives you a stern look that seems to say “Really now?”

“Well… uh, that is besides Cho Kyuhyun. But earlier was just an accident.”

“You must probably know by now that that person is the son of the school’s owner. He thinks that he can do whatever he wants here without any consequences and the truth is, regrettably, he can. I talked to him earlier because as much as possible, I do not want any of the students—which are my responsibility—to get hurt. However, my power is very limited. It would be best for you to stay out of his way just like everybody else.”

Everyone keeps telling me to stay away from him. Is he that bad?

“Okay, president-nim,” you say.

“That is all. You may leave now,” he says with a little smile.

Hee~ he’s so handsome. Our school uniform looks so professional on him and fits him so well.

As you go out into the hallway, you see Donghae and he waves at you. “Ya, Haneul-sshi, we’re having dinner in a bit. You want to come along?”

 

"Sure, I need a breather from today."

"Maybe next time. I'd like to rest a bit in the garden."