The Student Council Results.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

June 9, Wednesday: CLASSROOM 3-B

"... And that wraps up today's trigonometry chapter," the teacher says putting his hands together. "Boys, I know that exams are still a bit far away but please start studying as early as now (everyday if possible) so that taking the tests will be a breeze. Plus you won't be so stressed doing all-nighters! That aside, I'll be giving you a couple more announcements."

You straighten up in your seat and lean forward, eager to hear what new news Teacher Jung Jihoon has to bring. 

"Just in case you weren't listening earlier, the final exams will be from JULY 12 to 14. And the SUMMER SCHOOL FAIR will be two days after that: JULY 17 and 18. That's a Saturday and Sunday, guys. Each class will have one booth."

One of your classmates raises his hand. "But teacher, isn't it supposed to be per club instead of per class?" 

"No, Geunsuk," the teacher replies. "The club fair will be later into the school year. Summer school fair is by class. And before I forget, all of you who applied for the student council and got to the 2nd screening, you can check the bulletin board in the dorm lobby for the results. They just got posted. Good luck, boys, and have a great day. Class dismissed."

As you fix your notebooks, Donghae sits on your desk. 

"Hey, Haneul, what do you think we should do for the summer fair?" he asks you, swinging his leg to and fro. 

"I actually don't know," you reply. "We should ask the rest of the class for ideas."

You look at the almost empty classroom. "Tomorrow," you add. "Let's ask them tomorrow." 

Your mind is stuck on the student council results. 

What if I didn't get it? D:

But if I DID get in, I don't know how I'd feel about that either... 

I mean, the test was bad enough so...

What am I saying?? I should be proud to be part of the student council and be entrusted with those responsibilities! 

Wait, I'm not even part of it yet. I shouldn't get my hopes up right now...

You are so deep in thought that you almost don't notice that Donghae now has his arm around your shoulder as you walk through the hallway back towards the dorms together.

"Haneul?" you finally hear him say.

"O-oh! Sorry, Donghae, were you saying something?"

"I was asking what you were thinking about but you kept ignoring me," he pouts.

"Ahh, sorry, Donghae, I'm sorta nervous about the student council results..." you reply, scratching your arm anxiously. 

"Ohhhh," he says. "You took the 2nd screening test, right?"

"Yep, and it was reaaaally mind-blowing. In a negative way. So I don't know how to feel right now. It'll be disappointing for me if I failed. But at the same time, ultra-scary if I actually do get in because who knows what they do there."

"Well, there are a lot of rumors going around about what they do there," Donghae starts. "For one, I heard that they make the members solve complex known-to-be-unsolvable math problems every session."

"SERIOUSLY??"

Donghae nods enthusiastically. "And they're not even normal math problems. They're WORD math problems." His voice has a tinge of utmost terror.

Another arm wraps around your other shoulder. "I heard that they make them do 500 push-ups, 100 laps around the school, 300 laps in the pool, AND 600 crunches WITHOUT RESTING," Heechul says, startling you. 

A pair of arms hugs you tightly from behind.

"What the--??" 

"Well, I heard that in the student council, they give you homework to do EVERY SINGLE DAY and you have to finish AT LEAST 3 books per day. That's too much for my brain to handle!!!" Youngwoon complains. 

Someone grabs your left arm. "I heard that they have late night meetings all the time and they ALWAYS have to be together with the other members. ALWAYS," Jongwoon says with a face like O_O.

Someone else grabs your right arm and clenches it tightly.

"Hey--"

"I also heard that they monitor your life and they have to know everything about each other and they are always ALWAYS AAALWAYS watching you..." Sungmin lowers his voice into a whisper. "Even in the bathroom." 

A face swoops out from in between your legs. 

"GAAAHH!!!!" you scream. 

"As for me, I heard that the student council is scary and difficult," Hyukjae nods, hands latched onto your ankles as he looks up at you from the floor. "Mhm, that's about right." 

"WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ALL COMING FROM?? And why are you all attached to me???" you shout as you trudge ahead, weighed down heavily by Hyukjae and the others. 

You hear a stifled laugh from behind you.

*^*

You quickly turn your head to see Kyuhyun covering his mouth and trying to look away. 

=_= Ugh. 

You see him walking towards the garden and consider going for a little visit to the shrine later. In the meantime, you shake off the guys clinging to you like lizards.

 

DORM LOBBY

There is a crowd of students around the bulletin board already. One student jumps out from the crowd wooting ecstatically.

"WOOOH!!!! I DIDN'T GET IN!!!! I FAILED THE 2ND SCREENING!!!! WAHOOO!!!"

o___O

Um... why does this make me feel even more nervous? 

You wriggle your way through the crowd and look at the results. As Siwon had said during the second screening, only three names are posted. 

-----------------------

Choi Seunghyun

Kim Soohyun

Kim Haneul

-----------------------