Fight back

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

 

"What's your problem, you douchebag?" you say as you shove Kyuhyun harder. He almost loses his balance.

He looks shocked that you actually fought back. It is now so quiet in the cafeteria that you could almost  hear everyone's hearts pounding, anxious about what was going to happen.

"This shrimp is fighting back? You're talking back to me, huh?" he says getting angrier by the second.

"Sorry for bumping into you by accident and I would offer to help you clean your shirt but right now you're just being a stupid jerk!"

"Who are you calling a stupid jerk, little girl?" he says stepping closer to you intimidatingly.

"M-MWO??! I'M NOT A GIRL!! I'm a man! I, KIM HANEUL, AM EVEN MORE OF A MAN THAN YOU, CHO KYUHYUN," you shout in his face.

He makes a face at you and narrows his eyes. "You will regret that you ever came to MY school," he says. He takes a plate of someone's pasta and throws it at you. He smirks and turns around.

You are impossible, Cho Kyuhyun. 

You take someone else's ttokbokki and throw it at the back of his head. 

"FOOD FIGHT!!!" someone yells. 

Everyone starts throwing food at each other in the cafeteria. You duck under one of the tables and look for a way out. 

"KIM HANEUL!!" you hear Kyuhyun shout amidst the chaos of flying food and battleshouts, "WE AREN'T FINISHED YET!!"

You feel a shiver go up your spine.

Should I really have done that? Sigh. Well, he deserved it! Stupid jerk...

You crawl under the tables going toward the cafeteria exit when you see a pair of hands on the ground in front of you.

"Kim Haneul," the hands say. You look up in front of you and see a geeky nerd with glasses. "The student council president would like to see you in his office." 

Gulp. I'm in trouble.

30 minutes later: THE STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE

The walls are painted white and the windows are tinted blue. It is a very minimalistic room but it also gives off a corporate feel. Not to mention that doctor/hospital smell. 

You glance at the ID of the guy who took you there. KIM, RYEOWOOK. Secretary General of the Student Council. You feel the urge to let out a laugh. His hair is parted to the side, making him look a bit... uh... 

 

"President-nim, he's here," Ryeowook says.

"Come in," an authoritative voice says from within.

You go in the student council president's office nervously. Ryeowook leaves the two of you and closes the door behind him. You can't see the president's face because his swivel chair is facing the window. 

"Kim Haneul," he says in a soft but firm tone. 

"Y-yes?" 

"Have a seat."

You sit down at his desk and the swivel chair turns around to reveal his face. 

He's quite handsome... I didn't expect for the student council president to be like this. Seemingly perfect...

"My name is Choi Siwon. I'm the student council president of Seoul High School. How do you find the school so far?" 

"U-uh, things are okay. The education is as I had expected, a-and uh... it's a really great learning environment." 

"Mhm. How about the students here? Are you having trouble with anyone?" 

"No, no, everything is fine, perfectly fine. Just doing some rowdy stuff with new friends. Boys will be boys, hahaa..." 

"Then why is it," his voice begins to get more serious, "that while I am enjoying my gourmet meal, an annoying voice says to me that there is a food fight caused by the new student and Cho Kyuhyun in the cafeteria? And if I'm not mistaken, it's STILL ongoing." 

"..."

"Mr. Kim, I will not tolerate such behavior. I already have my hands full with Mr. Cho so please do not add any longer. It might be best if you stayed out of the public eye, especially his eye. "

"But president-nim, I only spilled tea on him by accident," you argue.

"Yes, BUT you fought back which, in the end, caused a great food fight in the cafeteria."

"He was the one who threw food first!"

"Haven't you ever heard of turning the other cheek when someone throws a stone at you? You be thankful that it was just food! Back in the days of Jesus, they threw stones and people really got hurt."

Let's bet that this will take him at least 30 minutes to finish...

After 30 minutes of lecturing about Jesus and his ways, he finally wraps up his speech.

“Before you go, you must probably know by now that that person is the son of the school’s owner. He thinks that he can do whatever he wants here without any consequences and the truth is, regrettably, he can. I will also talk to him later because as much as possible, I do not want any of the students—which are my responsibility—to get hurt. However, my power is very limited. It would be best for you to stay out of his way just like everybody else.”

Psh. Like I could do that forever. I'm highly optimistic that he would be targetting me from now on.

“Okay, president-nim,” you say, wanting to leave already.

“That is all. You may leave now,” he says with a little smile.

Hee~ he’s so handsome. Our school uniform looks so professional on him and fits him so well. But he talks too much sometimes. And what is up with his hand gestures? -_-

 

Evening: YOUR DORM ROOM (101)

When you go into your dorm room, you see Donghae, Youngwoon, Hyukjae, Jungsoo, and Heechul there. 

"YA, HANEUL-AH!!" Youngwoon shouts as you enter the room. "YOU WERE SO AWESOME EARLIER!!"

"YEAH, YOU STOOD UP TO THAT BRAT~" Donghae sang. 

"Good job, man," Hyukjae says giving you a high five.

"Now you're going to be targetted, Kim Haneul," Jungsu says, "What do you plan to do about it?" 

"I don't plan to do anything. If he offends me, I'll defend myself. If he hurts my friends, I'll kick him in the ," you say with conviction.

"Omo, I like you," Heechul says as he grabs your shoulders and shakes them a bit. "Gosh, you're really skinny. But who cares? I like you now. Forget all the bad things I said to you before, okay? We're friends now, okay??"

"Yeah, Heechul, no prob," you grin, happy to be accepted by your roommate.

"COME HERE, BABY!! YO TOUCH ME MAN!!" Heechul says as he gives you a bro-fist. 

You look at Jungsu for signs of either approval or rejection (which was what he usually did to you). He is looking straight at you and smiles. With a thumbs up, he says, "You did good, kid." 

"OMO, HANEUL, LET'S GO OUT TO DINNER!! I'LL PAY FOR YOUR FOOD!" Youngwoon shouts.

"Come with us, Haneul," Donghae says trying to convince you. "You'll get to meet the other guys." 

You are so happy that you forget that you're in Seoul. "Wah, you're so nice to me, all the dead pigeons will skip my house!" you say in dialect.

"What did you say?" Hyukjae asks, not understanding.

"WOOOOAAAH!!!! YOU'RE ALSO FROM MOKPO!!!" Donghae shouts, trying to glomp you. "BROTHER~~~" 

"Wait a minute," Jungsu says, putting his hand on Donghae's face to stop him. "So, Haneul, are you coming with us or not?" 

 

"Sure, I need a breather from today." 

"Maybe next time. I'd like to rest a bit in the garden."