You stay with Kyuhyun.

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

You gently caress Kyuhyun's bed hair and hug him tighter. He also squeezes you as you do so. His breath comes out in short gasps and you feel drops of water on your shoulder.

"I'm  really sorry, Haneul," he says. "I was such a jerk to you before and now I'm being a burden." He releases you from the hug. "I'm like a hurricane in basically all aspects. Unpredictable, and sometimes acting without reason."

You sigh and run your hand through your hair. "Will you finally explain everything to me?" you ask.

He nods and folds his legs together, and then folds his hands together as well and rests his chin on them. He is quiet for a moment, and then he begins.

"Our family is rich and accomplished. I never get to see my parents. My parents divorced when my sister and I were little, but we both stayed with our dad because he made our mom leave. My dad is always busy. Even with that, I can't do the things I want to do. He wants me to become a doctor but..." he lowers his head. "I want to do something else. All my dad's friends and coworkers, all our other relatives are forcing these ideals on me. 'You should be this!' 'You should be that!' 'If you do that, you'll never get anywhere!' Being the stupid kid that I am, I accepted everything they said because they're the adults. They must know what's right. I threw away my dreams and followed whatever they told me to. Then I woke up realizing that I didn't know who I was anymore. I had to get myself back. So I ran away from home. Until now, I'm trying to get myself back. Trying to figure out what truth remains in this world. Searching for something that I can hold on to without worrying if it'll leave me when I've lost everything."

He looks at you. You ask curiously, "So did you go back home already?"

"No," he answers. "Never did."

You blink at him surprised. "Really?? How did you get by?"

"I work part-time at a cafe. I do several odd jobs. And thanks to the dorm in this school, I have a place to stay."

...

You slowly recount your memories with Kyuhyun. You realize something and then ask slowly, "So... when you were suspended... where did you stay?"

He looks at you silently, then turns away. "In a 24/7 diner. On the streets. Other places. It doesn't matter. I've gotten used to it."

Your eyes are wide open in shock. All this time, he was going through these things?? "Why did you cause trouble in the first place?" you ask, struggling.

"Honestly? I wanted to get rid of you because I hate new things and new people."

"... But why?"

He looks at you squarely in the eye. "Because it's when those things come that everything crumbles and changes."

You can't find words to speak. He continues, "I had gotten so used to my stone-hearted self that I didn't want to revert to the weakling I was before. I knew it, you see. I knew you were going to do something to me. So I wanted to get rid of you as fast as possible. I went so far as to stretch my limits just to get you out of my sight. And now... look at me. I'm breaking apart." He rubs his face with his hand.

You swallow the lump that had gotten stuck in your throat.

"I... I'm sorry..." you whisper.

He shakes his head. "No, you didn't do anything wrong. I was just scared. I hate feeling vulnerable and you were a threat."

"You could have told me--"

"Would you have understood?"

"I... I'm not sure," you answer truthfully.

"There you go."

The crickets fill in the silence between the both of you as the night grows older. The full moon comes out from behind a big cloud and you wonder why you had never seen it out before. The garden was always so dark. But now, you are able to see Kyuhyun beside you, the silver light from the heavens tracing his pale face as he stares off at nothing.

"So..." you say after several minutes of silence. "Are you still going to treat me the same way as before?"

Kyuhyun snaps out of his trance and twitches his lips to one side.

"Yes."

._. "Really?"

"If people realize the change, they'll get curious, they'll start investigating, and along the way they might even find out what you really are."

"Oh..."

"So I stay a jerk, and you stay a stubborn annoying short guy who always seems to get into trouble. But don't worry," he winks. "I won't be any trouble for you anymore."

"Okay then... Thanks, Kyuhyun."

"Why are you calling me Kyuhyun if we aren't even friends?" he says sarcastically.

"Well, I'm sorry, Your Hiney-ness," you glare at him, confused.

To your surprise, he just grins at you. "Now you get the idea."

You laugh comfortably.

"BARK BARK!"

"Omo, Kyuhyun, hello!" you say as you greet the beagle puppy that had just entered the gazebo.

"What did you call it?" Kyuhyun asks. o_O

"... Ahahaha..." you scratch your head. "I call her Kyuhyun."

"That's really funny."

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"No no," he chuckles. "Do you know what I call her?"

"What?"

"Haneul."

You punch the real Kyuhyun on the shoulder.