Team 1!

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

"Okay, see you later, guys," Jungsu says as he leads you, Youngwoon, Heechul, Hangeng, and Jongwoon onwards. 

"Where do we go?" Jongwoon asks.

"Let's start with the hallways," Hangeng says. "That way we can try to trace everything backwards."

"Let's see if we can find bits of pieces of evidence left around here," Youngwoon says.

After a while of searching the whole floor, you find some candy wrappers, a cigarette , and a half-eaten lollipop. Everyone stares at what they have found. 

...

"AIISH, THIS IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!!" Youngwoon shouts.

"We wouldn't know who owns these things anyway, because so many people were out in the hall being noisy that night," Heechul says. "You are so smart~" he teases in English. 

"Does anyone have a copy of the file itself? With the envelope?" Jongwoon asks.

"AHH! YES YES, I kept mine," Youngwoon says. "Let's go to my room."

Once you're in Youngwoon's room, he takes out the envelope. There is nothing special on it. It is just a normal brown envelope that you can buy anywhere. Inside it, the answer sheets were clean and there was nothing suspicious about it at all. 

"Why is this so hard?" Hangeng whines. "We can't find anything! There isn't even any writing on the envelope that can give us a clue!" 

"Hm..." Jungsu examines the answer sheets inside. "Here's the file category. I think I might know where to check. But we need to go to the faculty room." 

"You mean we need to sneak in?" Jongwoon asks, shocked.

"There's no other way. We need to investigate. The teachers won't let us in the faculty room for the whole week until exams are over, remember?" 

"Ah... right... But how do we get in there?" 

"To open the faculty door, a teacher needs to either input a code or scan his thumbprint into the machine by the door."

"I thought you needed both?" Heechul says.

"I remember it being 'either-or'," argues Jungsu.

"Let's just go check, guys, and we'll think of something when we get there," Youngwoon says. 

 

At the School Building, 1st Floor Entrance...

"Pssshhht.

This is an infiltration mission.

Agent YW, you lead the front lines because you're big and beefy.

Agent JW, make sure that he doesn't lose his mind and does anything stupid.

Agent JS, you do a cartwheel and backflip and roll forward onto the other side of the hallway so that the patrol guard doesn't see us.

Psssshhhhtt.

Agent HG, you are assigned to be the suicide bomber in case the helicopters come for us so that you die a hero and we can throw pretty white Chinese flowers down your grave.

Agent HN, you be the distraction so that the puppies will run after you and you can tame them with your pretty boy pheromones~

I, Agent HC, will point the gun at whoever app--"

"Idiot, we don't have a gun," Youngwoon says. "And why do you get to hold it? I need one too! How can I be in the front lines without any weapons??"

"WHY I AM SUICIDE BOMB MAN???" Hangeng complains. 

"GUYS, SHHH!!!" Jungsu says putting his finger over his lips. "We don't want the guard to hear us." 

"It's a good thing there are no dogs out now," Youngwoon says. "They might smell us." 

"They might smell you," Jongwoon says, fanning the air. "When was the last time you took a bath?" 

"... YA, YOU DON'T THINK I TAKE A BATH? I DO!"

"When?"

"... well, I was busy studying for midterms so I skipped all the useless stuff."

"TAKING A BATH IS USELESS??" Heechul says. 

"SHHHH!!!! Stop being so noisy," Youngwoon says. 

Heechul and Jongwoon mutter some words under their breaths. 

Youngwoon, you really do need to take a bath soon though. D8

Once the guard is out of sight, you all rush silently toward the stairs. You reach the 3rd floor and when the coast is clear, you go straight for the Faculty Room. As mentioned earlier, there is a security lock for code and thumbprint. 

"Okay, so we just have to choose which one to input," Heechul says. 

"Who votes for number code??" Youngwoon asks, raising his hand.

"We need to think this over, guys," Jungsu says. "If we put the wrong code in, the alarm will go off. And it's virtually impossible for us to scan our thumbprint because we're not recorded in their database." 

"Then the thumbprint is out then," Heechul says. "What could be the code???"

"Umm... let's see..." Jungsu presses something on the device that makes it activate. It shows this message on the screen:

-------------------------------------------

Input Security Code:

000000

-------------------------------------------

"So we need 6 digits, guys," Jungsoo says. "Anyone have any good guesses?"

"Hm, if I were the owner of the school, what would I set the security password to?"

"Wait a minute," Jongwoon says. "I heard that they change their passwords every half a sem. So that might not matter."

"Hm. What could be a consistent pattern for quarters?" Jungsu wonders.

"What happens every half a sem?" Hangeng wonders too.

You light up. "EXAMS!!"

"OMO, YOU'RE RIGHT, HANEUL!" Heechul exclaims. 

"Okay, uhhh, when is the start of midterms?" you ask.

"It's supposed to be April 19," Jungsoo says.

"And it ends on April 24?" 

"YES," Heechul says. "GO GO TYPE IT!!!!" 

... "WAIT, what if it's wrong??" 

...

...

...

"Should we ask the guard to open it for us?" Heechul suggests sarcastically.

"They'll never let us do that..." Youngwoon says. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," someone says behind them. Everyone turns around to see the patrol guard standing right behind them, holding his flashlight. You all freeze.

"A-annyeonghaseyo, guard-nim," Heechul greets. 

"What are you kids doing here? It's late and you're not allowed to be loitering around this area." 

"Well... uhh..." Heechul stutters. 

"You see, guard-nim, we left something inside and we really need to get it back," Jungsu explains.

"That excuse won't work on me, kid," the guard replies in a flat tone. "Go back to your dorms or else I'll call up the principal." 

"GUARD-NIM," you burst out. "I'm sorry but we just really really need to investigate the faculty room because someone framed me and I only have 2 days left to prove my innocence!" 

The guard just stands there speechless. "Oh, so you're Kim Haneul." 

"E-eh? You know me?" 

"Yeah, I was told by the student president to let you in in case you were 'smart and brave enough to find the truth'." 

"H-he did that? Really?" 

Wow... I guess Siwon's not such a bad guy after all. I'd better go thank him when this is all over.

"Yes, so I will help you get in. I only know the code though, and for this lock, you need BOTH thumbprint and code." 

"WAAAHH WE'RE STILL SCREWED!!!" Youngwoon wails.

"I can teach you a trick though, how to unlock doors with thumbprint requirements," the guard says. 

"Really?? How??" 

"However, it requires something in return..." 

Crap, this sounds shady...

"W-what is it?" you ask.

The guard shifts his gaze to Youngwoon. All of a sudden, he jumps up and down like a fangirl. "A ppo ppo from this super handsome ulzzang~~~" 

Omo. xD Then I guess there should be no problem. 

"Sure, go ahead," Heechul says, pushing Youngwoon towards the guard. 

"YA, HEECHUL!!!" Youngwoon shouts.

"Please make this sacrifice for all of us, Youngwoonie~~ Saranghaeyo~~" Heechul says sweetly.

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER!!" 

*ppo*

._.

"It's done~~" the guard swoons. "Ahiiii~ I kissed a cute student~~ aigooooo~~~ am i blushing? I hope not because if my boss sees me, aiiii~~" 

"I hate you," Youngwoon tells Heechul.

"I love you too, baby," Heechul replies, giving him a firm pat on the back. "YOU A MAN NOW!" 

"Okay, now that we've given you your request, please help us!" you tell the guard while bowing. 

"Okay~~ Umm... The password is changed every half a sem and it's supposed to match the beginning and end dates of the exams in that sem~" 

"I was right!" you exclaim.

"WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" Youngwoon says. "YOU MADE ME GO THROUGH ALL THAT FOR NOTHING???" 

"No, wait, there's still the thumbprint thing," Jungsu says. 

"Oh, stop fighting~~ I'll teach you how to do it! Here," the guard says as he types in the code, then takes out a compact kit, and masking tape. He dabs the sponge on the press powder.

"This isn't the time to be giving yourself a re-touch, ajusshi..." Youngwoon says.

"Oh~ call me, noona~~" the guard squeals. "Also, I'm not re-touching my face." He powders the thumbprint scanner and then covers it with masking tape. He then presses his finger on it. 

---------------------------------------------

ACCESS GRANTED.

--------------------------------------------

"WAAAHHH, GAMSAHABNIDA, GUARD-NIM~~~~" you all shout. 

"Aieeee, it was nothing~~" the guard says, swaying from side to side with his hand neatly on his cheek. "Go go, do your business now and prove that it wasn't you, Kim Haneul oppa!" 

xD

"Chongmal gamsahabnida, guard-nim!!" 

You all go into the faculty room and switch on the lights. Hangeng and Heechul look at one side of the room while Jungsu and Jongwoon check out the other end. Youngwoon and you search the middle area. 

"What exactly are we looking for here?" Youngwoon asks.

"Any kind of evidence at all that the culprit left behind..." you reply, focused on the floor.

"Find anything yet, guys?" Jungsu calls out. 

"Nope!" 

"Naw!"

After several minutes... 

"Aish, I can't seem to find anything useful..." you say, feeling hopeless.

"Doesn't the janitor clean the faculty room everyday? Why is it dirty now? Look, there's fur on the tables," Youngwoon complains.

Your head perks up. Fur?

"What kind of fur?" you ask, taking a closer look at what Youngwoon is looking at.

You see strands of fur in orange-brown, black, and white colors. There's no mistake about it. It's beagle fur. 

The others had come to your area now. "Look, it's right beside the pile where the answer sheets are supposed to be," Jungsu says.

"BINGO!!" Heechul dances. 

"Here, put in inside this," Hangeng says, giving you a little plastic bag like the kind they use for specimens and evidence in detective movies.

"Why do you have something like this, Hangeng?" you ask.

"I'm Chinese." 

"Okay, I don't know what that means but I'm just not going to ask anymore," you say as you turn to put the pieces of fur into the plastic, carefully making sure that you get samples of all the colors. You and the guys check around just in case there is anything else lying around in the room, but nothing is found. 

You depart for the dorms. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . .  .

"HEY GUYS, WE'RE BACK~" Heechul sings as you enter the dorm lobby where Team 2 is waiting. 

"Okay guys, what did you find?" Sungmin asks. 

"Actually, we found almost nothing," Heechul says frankly.

"Except for these," Jungsu says, holding up a little plastic bag filled with less than an inch-long orange-brown, white and black hair strands. 

"What's that?" Donghee asks. 

"Dog hair strands," Youngwoon says. "We found these in the Faculty room where the answer sheets were kept. I'm not sure what kind of dog it is though, or what a dog is actually doing in the school--"

"Moreso in the faculty room," Heechul butts in.

"YA, I'm talking," Youngwoon says loudly. "Anyway, we think it's useless evidence because there aren't even any dogs on campus."

"There is one," you say. "It's a beagle out in the garden." You decide not to tell them about Flashlight Guy. 

"Who else knows about this beagle?" Jungsu asks. 

Donghae raises his hand.

Omo, how does he know about that? Could he be flashlight guy? His brain isn't the same as flashlight guy though. o_O

Then there's a possibility that he might actually be the one who... WHAT AM I THINKING??? He's my friend! He'd never do that!

"Okay, then it's most probably someone who's not part of our group of friends," Jungsu says. "Did you interview everyone in the dorms already?"

"Yes, including Siwon," Sungmin says. 

"We wanted to ask you guys questions too, because we lack information," Donghae says. 

"This is what we have so far," Sungmin shows his paper to Jungsoo's team. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10:20 pm  -  Room 102 and so on receives their midterm answer sheet copies

11:05 - 11:15 - Haneul and Heechul brought Siwon to his room --> could be when the culprit put the original copy of the sheets in Haneul's bag

11:15 - 11:30 - Siwon takes a nap --> when the culprit slid Siwon's copy under his door (Last one)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All of us got our papers from 10:20pm onwards," Donghee says.

"Okay, let's see. I think I got mine at around 10:30pm or something," Jungsu says.

"So it fits," Sungmin says, biting on his pen. 

"Um," you start to say. "Heechul-ah..." 

"Hm?"

"Around what time did we get our copy?" 

"... We didn't get anything," Heechul answers.

"Mwo?"

"I only found out from our neighbors but nothing was ever slid under our door." 

"Ah, is that so?... Um, when you left me with Siwon, where did you go?"

"I went back to the room, and then I went out to get something. Why?"

You look at him for a moment, then look away with a spaced-out look. 

"... Wait a minute... you're not suspecting me, are you?" Heechul says in disbelief. 

"... No, well, I'm just trying to look at all possibilities..." you try to explain.

"Ya, I'm the one helping you. It's kind of disrespectful to suspect me when I'm doing this so that you can clean your name! Wouldn't it be contradicting your wild imagination that I might even want to frame you??"

"Hyung, he was only trying to piece things out. Please understand," Sungmin says.

"We need to look at all possibilities, Heechul," Jungsu says. "We're all pretty much suspects here. Moreso with Donghae and Haneul since they both are connected to the beagle in the garden." 

Donghae looks like he's spacing out. You try to make the tension go away.

"Let's not fight over this anymore. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions like that, Heechul hyung, even though I know from your personality that you'd never do something like that to a friend," you say.

You're still a suspect though. I'm sorry, hyung. And so are you Donghae, even if we've gotten quite close.

Heechul just sighs and scratches his head annoyed. "Sorry for losing my temper." 

"Guys, moving on," Jungsu says. "are you sure you've asked every person in this dorm?" 

"Yes, we did," Hyukjae says. "We just skipped our hall besides Siwon because you guys weren't there. And now, we just asked you your questions."

"... No," Hangeng says. You are a bit surprised that he finally spoke up. "Did you interview Cho Kyuhyun?"

"... Not yet," you say.

How could I have forgotten? If someone was out to frame me, he'd be the first person on that list. How do we ask him though? He obviously won't tell the truth.

As if he just read your thoughts, Donghae asks, "How do we ask him though? He obviously won't tell the truth." 

"Let's just try and see if we can psycho-analyze him or something. If that doesn't work, we can always ask his room mate," Jungsu says.

"Room mate? Who?" you ask cluelessly.

"I never can really remember his name because he doesn't show up much. Pretty invisible. I guess that's why they made him room mates with Kyuhyun. He naturally stays out of everyone's way. Anyway, let's just go check and see if there's anyone in his room."

Once you get to Kyuhyun's room, Sungmin asks, "So... who wants to knock?" 

"I'll do it."

"I don't think he wants to see my face when he opens the door."