The Second Screening

[Choose Your Adventure] Seoul High: Senior Year (SEMI-HIATUS due to projects)

May 29, Sunday, Morning (A/N: Rain is falling~) : ROOM 101

You wake up in the morning with one thing on your mind.

Food. <3  The student council results.

You run outside and arrive at the dorm lobby just as Ryeowook is posting the results on the board.

"Wookie!" you shout.

"OH, HANEUL!" he grins. "Congratulations!"

"I got in?! YES!!!" you jump up and down holding Ryeowook's hands. "So, uh... What now?" xD

"Ah, you're not really part of the student council yet," he says, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh." o_O

"But you've past the first screening. There will be a second screening later this afternoon at the student council office," he explains.

"What's the second screening gonna be like?"

"You'll be with the rest of the guys who passed the first screening and you're going to take a test," he says. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine."

A t-test? Dx

"2pm at the student council office," Ryeowook tells you. "Don't be late!"

He walks away as other curious applicants crowd together checking the board, leaving you still thinking about the fact that there's going to be a test and you just.... hate... tests.

As if there aren't enough tests we need to answer in school. Dx

 

1:57 pm: STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE

Ryeowook greets you as you enter the student council office.

"Yay, you're not late!" Ryeowook chirps. "Go take a seat with the others."

He directs you into an inner room where the rest of the applicants are seated. You sit in one of the empty chairs in the center row.

Isn't this the court room? xD They've rearranged it. How resourceful~

Siwon enters the room with Ryeowook. He has his usual professional CEO strut, and Ryeowook hobbles behind him adjusting his glasses. Unlike your homeroom class with the other guys, this group of students is quiet and seemingly uptight. You're the only one slouching. You slowly straighten your back consciously.

"Good afternoon, fellow students," Siwon says, hands behind his back. "Thank you for your interest in applying for the student council. You are making a great decision by doing this. I hope that you will all pass this second screening, however as you all know, only the 3 most competent students are selected to assist in the affairs of the student council."

Only 3??? Out of the 30+ dudes who are in here with me?? Why did I even bother signing up in the first place... Dx I've got no chance against these nerds...

Ryeowook begins handing out the test papers to the students in the front.

Siwon continues as he paces in the front of the room. "This test is comprised of multiple-choice, essay, and logic questions. It focuses more on your problem-solving skills instead of the things you learn from textbooks. I will say no more about it. Now, please pass your papers backwards."

You get your paper from the guy in front and pass the rest to the student behind you. You are nervous already.

"You have 1 hour to answer this test," Siwon says. "And it starts..." He looks at his watch.

"NOW."

While Siwon and Ryeowook take their seats in the front of the room, you quickly flip your test over and see that the first part is the multiple-choice portion.

Good, I'm gonna breeze through this one. :3

-------------------------------------------------------------

A. Multiple Choice: Answer honestly.

1. Would you sacrifice your most precious treasure or dream to save someone's life?

a. Yes, without hesitating.

b. Yes, but I'd have some hesitation.

c. No, I wouldn't even think about it.

d. No, I'd find a way to do both.

e. It depends on who the person I'm saving is.

2. How are you like when you're with friends?

a. The outgoing one

b. The listener

c. The leader

d. The clown

e. I don't have friends.

3. How do you handle stress?

a. I meditate.

b. I think about my problem from a detached perspective.

c. I eat.

d. I talk to a friend about my problems.

e. I never get stressed.

4. Why?

a. This question lacks information.

b. Not

c. Are you asking me this?

d. This question is unanswerable.

e. None of the above.

5. Do you feel like you have a direction in life?

a. Yes, I know what I want to do and want to be.

b. Yes, but I have more than one choice.

c. No, I'm totally lost.

d. No, because I don't have enough money/status/power to get to what I want to be.

e. No, but I'd like someone to help me find it.

6. If you see a wallet on the street, what would you do?

a. Finders, keepers.

b. I'd look around if there's anyone looking for a wallet.

c. I'd report it immediately to the nearest lost and found station.

d. I wouldn't mind it. Maybe the owner will come back for it there.

e. I'd check the inside of the wallet for the owner's details and call him/her.

That felt... too easy...

B. Essay: Explain your answer in three sentences only.

Oh that makes it much easier. xD I think... D:

1. You are on a turbulent plane that is about to crash. There are 4 people with you: the weathiest business owner in Korea, the president of Korea, a priest/pastor, and an 8-year old child. But there are only 4 lifejackets. Who will you leave on the plane?

2. You are stranded on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. You find a lamp washed up on the shore. When you rub it, a genie appears and grants you three wishes. What do you wish for and why?

3. There is a big empty warehouse. There is a puddle of water on the floor, and a guy hanging by his neck from the ceiling of the warehouse. How did he get up there?

4. In a small apartment about 20 square meters in floor size, there is a guy lying dead on the ground. His chest is bleeding profusely. There are empty beer bottles and 53 bicycles scattered around the room. Why did he die?

5. There are two rooms, one on top of the other. In the bottom room are three light switches. In the top room are three light bulbs. Which light switch goes to which light bulb? You can only go up to check once.

6. Someone is bullying another person on the street. What do you do and why?

Whew, this is TOUGH. o_O

You glance at the clock in the front of the room and see that you have 30 minutes left.

You are, however, distracted by Ryeowook.

(A/N: Yes, there is a bed that shouldn't be in the scene. xD)

GAHH.

You look away and focus on answering the rest of the questions.

7. An anxious looking person is holding a knife and another person is lying down with a stab wound to his side. What do you do and why?

8. You are in a fantasy world. A knight with a shiny helmet is holding a lance. A beautiful princess is smiling while gathering oleander flowers in the meadow. A cute child is grinding diamonds. An angry witch is brewing chamomile and lavender in a cauldron. An ugly troll is chopping down a tree. Who can be possible suspects if the King dies?

9. A man walks into a restaurant and the the waiter says, "Good day, Admiral." Why did the waiter call the the man an Admiral?

10. You are in a cabin and it is pitch black. You have one match on you. Which do you light first, the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?

11. There is this one man who killed his mother, was born before his father and married over 100 women without divorcing. Yet he was considered normal by all of his acquaintances. What kind of person is this?

12. The police rounded up Jim, Bud and Sam yesterday, because one of them was suspected of having robbed a bank. The three suspects made the following statements under intensive questioning: Jim: I’m innocent. Bud: I’m innocent. Sam: Bud is guilty. If only one of these statements is true, who robbed the bank?

Just as you wrap up your answer to the last question, Siwon says, "Time's up! Please pass your papers forward."

I have never been so mentally stressed out in my life... I'm not sure I want to be in the student council anymore. Dx I thought they just... GOVERNED PEOPLE there. Why go through all this fuss?

"The test results will be posted as soon as the principal checks them," Siwon announces.

You blink in surprise.

The PRINCIPAL checks these papers?? Is joining the student council that much of a big deal? o_O What am I getting myself into?

Ah well, it's not like I'll pass anyway. Dx

"Thank you for your time," Ryeowook says. "You may resume your usual activities."

You get up and trudge out of the room. Before you exit, Siwon stops you.

"How did you do, Haneul?" he asks, smiling.

"Uh hahahaha... hahahahhaha... haha...haa..." @_@

You continue walking out of the room. You hear Ryeowook call out after you, "It's gonna be okay, Haneul!!"

"HAHahahaha... hahaha...haaaahhh..."

When you get back to the dorms, you pass by Jongwoon and Hyukjae in the lobby.

"You okay, Haneul?" Jongwoon asks, concerned.

"Uuugggghhhh..." you groan like a zombie.

"Haneul is freaking me out," Hyukjae says.

You slowly open the door, making a creaking sound. Heechul yells in surprise at your appearance.

"HOLY S#&%, HANEUL, you scared the living %^ out of me," he gasps.

"Urrrgghhnnngggg," you groan in response as you climb into your bed and just lie down there, face flat on your pillow.

"What happened?" you hear him ask.

"ajnsjkgnsjg," you mutter.

"Huh?"

"AJKFHAKJGJN..." you say through your pillow.

"Is that how 'pillow talk' is literally supposed to sound like?" he laughs.

You lift up your head for a moment. "STUUUDENT COOOOUNCIIIIIL," you groan before plunging your head back into your pillow.

"Ahhhh no wonder," he says. "Sungmin tried out for the student council last year. After that test thing, he also acted the same. He's never tried it again. But tell me, do you think you did well?" 

You look up from your pillow and look at him with lifeless eyes devoid of all hope and sanity.

"Oh-kay, THAT answers my question," he chuckles.

You hear him going back to watching some sort of horror movie. You hear the dialogue of the movie going something like, "If we don't answer these questions and solve the riddle on time, another student will be killed!" "Oh no oh no!!" "AAAAACCKKKK!!!!"

Death Bell. Ugh. Great. Just what I need. 

IS THAT WHERE THEY GOT THE INSPIRATION FOR HAVING TESTS LIKE THOSE IN A STUPID FRIKKIN STUDENT COUNCIL???

After several minutes of listening to Heechul watching "Death Bell", you are fed up with it and decide to go relax elsewhere but you don't want to talk to Siwon since he reminds you of that test you just took, and you most definitely can't just randomly ask Kibum to go out.

Call Joongki.

Chill with Donghae.  

Hang out with Kyuhyun.