The Count's Appearance

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Yonghwa's point of view:

Class ended. Without haste, that boy got up and approached milady. And without delay, i blocked him before he reached her half way. I was about to ask him several questions and let him off for now. However, the boy grinned and glanced at me with one eye. "What the? Is he looking down on me?" I angrily thought to myself, as I smiled sinisterly back at him with cold, dark eyes that are contrary to my smiling face.

We both froze and stayed silent for quite some time. I'm not good with staring contests, so i started talking.

"Why hello there, Gong chan shik-ssi" I "It is unusual for you to actually get out of your seat excluding for bathroom businesses" and mocked him.

But the guy just stayed silent and glared at me. I know very well that Gong chan is a man of few words. However, i had no idea that even mockery wouldn't affect him. he looked at me then let out a little laugh. Perhaps my expression showed how surprised i was to his cool resolve. 

"Yonghwa ssi" he whispered to me as he leaned closer "Sooner or later, you would have to let your little lady go, you know?" He smiled as soon as he finished talking. Then walked pass me and walked over to Milady.

Even though i am suppose to be keeping an eye of him, I stayed there.

Blank.

Why did he say that? I was ordered to protect her, isn't it a given that i should protect her at all times? Why did he tease me? And how dare he... even thought that i hold such intolerable feelings for milady? 

By the time i came back to my senses i can already see Minhyuk waving his hand side to side in front of my face, while calling my name out "Yonghwa! Yonghwa hyeong, keinchana?"

"I'm fine Minhyuk. " i replied as i held my forehead "Calm down..." and patted his shoulder

"So... how's that guy?"

"Wha?"

"That Gong chan guy. Did you infiltrate him? Does he have any ulterior motives for approaching our lady?"

"I am not sure" I hastily answered

Minhyuk gasped and looked at me with a disappointed expression and started blurting out "Hyeong how could you?! You know why we're here in the first place right? It would be meaningless if we just let any guy approach her.... and"

I quickly covered his mouth and whispered to him sternly "And it would be meaningless if our true identity is found out!!" i scolded him for shouting out such classified information

Minhyuk calmed down and apologized. Though he made a mistake, what he pointed out is true. I should've kept my composure and calmly inspected him without him noticing. However, i got a little emotional, because he had hurt my pride.

"Mianhe Minyuk. I am at fault too. i was intimidated by his irritating personality" I sincerely apologized. "When we get home, we should research about his background, to see if he is worth milady's time"

"understood" Minhyuk obediently answered. "But hyung..."

"Yeah?" I looked at him

"Which part of his personality did you find irritating? I thought he is a quiet person? Well... that's what i heard at least from Sulli ah" Minhyuk asked to clear up his curiosity

Now that i think about it carefully... what exactly made me irritated? *Yonghwa trying to remember what he said* "sooner or later, you'll have to let go of your precious little lady"

A sharp, cold chill ran down my spine as i recalled the only sentence he said to me. And realized one horrifying truth. he knows.

"Hyeong?" Minhyuk's voice began to fade away as i am now in deep thoughts.

How can i be discovered this easily? How? It's impossible. I haven't let a slight hint that i am a servant for her, or anything of that sort. Did he search my background? Was he one step ahead of me? What should i do? Oh no everything's a mess 

"Yonghwa!" I loud yell pierced through my ear. I turned around to see where it came from, and i saw milady standing next to me while crossing her arms.

"Mi- Shinhye ssi!" 

"What have you been spacing out for? Why have you been ignoring Minhyuk? The poor guy's now depressed... he thought you were angry at him" She glared at me while pointing at a direction where i can see Minhyuks droopy back dragging to his class.

"You better apologise to him later" She commanded

"Arasso..." i answered weakly.

 After she sighed she turned around, and before she walked away i grabbed her wrist. She stopped, then turned around and asked "What's the matter Yonghwa?"

"That guy.. Gong chan. Did he do anything weird to you?" I worriedly asked

"Ani. Nothing at all. Why do you ask?"

"He.. might've found out that I'm your butler and personal guard"

She looked at me in shock and whispered "Why are you saying that?"

"He... said this before... that you are my 'little lady'"

I can tell that there is a slight hint of irritation on her face when i  mentioned 'little'. Shinhye dislikes it whenever anyone calls her small, little, or any of the sort ever since she was small. If i weren't mistaken... it's because she wants to be acknowledged as the lady of the house ever since her moms death.

"Oh? did he said that?" she sighed then patted my back. "Despite yourself being popular, you really have no idea of what's going on around school haven't you?"

"What?"

"Yonghwa ssi" A deep voice suddenly appeared behind shinhye. "She was nicknamed to be your 'little lady' by the whole school because of your unnecessary actions the other day" He explained

"m-mbo?" i yelled out. I never thought that the joke that i made the other day to keep the guys away from her would actually create this nickname.

"And since you seem to be spacing out in class 99.5% of the time let me tell you this. Gong chan and i are class reps" Shin hye explained

"Mbo?" I replied in surprise. i think my eyes are about to bulge out

"Yeah we are. That's why he came over to me, to discuss about class rep stuff"

"Oh... i see."

"Well then. Class is over i should be going home now" Gong chan spoke up al of a sudden. Then walked way to get his bag, and waved goodbye to us.

"De, see you tomorrow Gong chan!" milady waved back at him, then turned to me "I need to return some books back to the library. You should go home with Minhyuk"

"No, it is my duty to..."

"Yonghwa." She cuts me off, and shrugged  "We're in school. What on earth could possibly happen..."

I grabbed her wrist, and pushed her and made her lean against the wall as i leaned forward "Sorry milady. My first priority here is your safety, so i might be stubborn when it comes to this"

Shinhye's point of view:

Wh-what the hell is this babo butler trying to pull?? Ugh!! I-I can't break free from is grip. He...is much stronger than he looks like. 

"Understand?" Yonghwa whispered

"I-i...." i shook a little from the surprise of how strong he is. It seems that Yonghwa noticed this, and quickly backed off. 

"I'm not apologizing. You should be more aware of your safety Milady" He stubbornly bickered

I patted my arm where yonghwa gripped earlier and hissed "I get it. I'll be home soon. Just go" I ordered.

Even though i never show it,  I honestly really do appreciate his care for me. But... it seems unfair to the other students, so i want him to care about other students too. Lately people have been avoiding me, both boys and girls. Whenever i try to talk to them or what-so-ever, they always pretended to have another important business and walked away from me. Only Minhyuk, Sulli, and Gong chan are really nice to me regardless. I wanted to make more friends... But if this keeps up, there won't be any.

"Arasso" Yonghwa finally answered

"De?"

"I said, arasso. I'll get going then." He said as he walked away "but you, be careful"

"Arasso" I smiled back at him, then gave him a hug "Thank you Yonghwa"

He sighed and smiled back while patting my head "I really can't say 'no' whenever you're like this, milady"

As soon as Yonghwa left I sprinted to the library before it's closed. When i got there, the student in charge of the library section just walked out. Oh man... c'mon, don't close on me! But then... maybe i can make use of my special attack that i have. I evilly thought to myself

"Omo! I want to return this book! do mind.. you know... just another few minutes?" I begged with the best puppy face i can

The boy laughed as he sees me and then wiped his eyes from the tears of laughter. "You want to return a book?"

I nodded in response

"I'm sorry but, the library's closed. You'll have to wait until tomorrow" he gestured to the sign 'closed'

"But, if i return it tomorrow, I'll have to pay for the fine!"

"Well, too bad kiddo" The boy coldly responded

"Please, please, please i beg of you! Appa will scold me for not being responsible" I pouted

"Im sorry. But no matter how much you beg me, i can't..."

I cut him off  immediately then blurted out "You have absolutely no idea how looooong my Appa's lectures are! They're long enough to put you to sleep!!"

The boy looked at me, put his hands on his hips shook his head and said "You're pretty stubborn aren't you?"

I laughed awkwardly in response and nodded. "I'm sorry. I've always been told that i am really stubborn" I bowed "But i swear, if you just do me this one favour, i'll owe you"

"Oh Really?." He looked down, scrateches his head, then looks up while he gestures the number 1 with his index finger " Just this once, alright?" The boy replied

"Really?" I smiled as i raise my head, and feel my face starting to liven up again

He nodded. "Wait a bit, kay?" He emptied his pockets and took out the keys, and starts to unlock the door. He sat down on the spinning chair that the librarians always sit on and extended his hand "Alright give me your book, and your student ID card."

"Here it is!" I handed them both with a wide grin on my face

"Thank you" he received them and started to stamp, and sign, and all those kind of stuff that librarians usually do.

While he registered and do his stuff on the computer i secretly stared at his serious face that is working. He looks pretty good actually.  Quite handsome.

"Alright, here you go" He handed back my student ID card

"De?" i blankly stared at him

"Your card. You don't want it back?" He asked while raising one of his eyebrows

"Ani yo! I want it back!" I nervously replied and swiped it from him"Thank you" I shyly replied

He let out a little laugh as he said "You were so stubborn and loud earlier. Why did your voice become soft?" he teased

"N-no... my voice has always been like this" I answered in a rush "A-anyway, I've gotta go home. Thank you!" I bowed to him to show my gratitude and then i dashed off home.

What's happening to me? Why is my heart suddenly beating really fast?? Why do i feel so embarrassed right now?? Arghhh i wanna run away and go home right noww

Authors point of view:

The boy watches Shinhye's running figure until she completely is not in his sight. And you can see that a soft, small smile is carved on his face

 


a/n: Tadaaaah i updated again! hehehehe sorry guys, i changed my mind half way while updating this chapter :p The other heirs and Yonghwa' rival will appear soon enough i promise! But for now... i just want the story to develop slowly ^^

Anyways i have some great news! Do you guys watch running man? (Of course most of you do hahaha, if you haven't... watch it! it's really worth it!) Anyways... I'm co-authoring a fanfic that is pretty much based on running man. The title is called "The Monday Couple?" check it out later kay guysss?? Though no chapter has been actually updated yet.. hahha

And lastly, thank you all to my awesome readers and subscribers for being so patient and supportive as always! Saranghae yo! <3