Oppa

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

I was getting tired and rather sleepy when Yonghwa had told me to get some rest. So then I started to daydream I guess? Somehow, even though the one standing before me is Yonghwa, a healthy growing teenager, became a little boy.

Then I somehow became little too, and the little boy, somehow, someway looks very familiar. And because of that face, like the most natural thing in the word, I called out

“Goodnight oppa”

Seconds later, I snapped out from my daze and see a shocked Yonghwa. Is it just me, or is his cheeks rather flushed red?

Either way, rather embarrassed I fled the scene, and locked myself in my room. Holy mother of God. How will I face him the next day?

The boy froze in place for a brief moment before bracing himself. Just moments ago, a phenomenal incident happened. An incident he never thought would ever happen in his entire life. To be called oppa, is such a blessing, in so many ways.

“I wonder what’s gotten into her.” He reassured himself that he is misunderstanding something. “Milady wouldn’t easily call someone ‘oppa’” Then he sighed as he painfully admits “Not even me”


Morning then crept on as we know it, and brought warmth to earth. As the sun rose, so did Yonghwa. He has always been the early bird, for if he weren’t who would be Shinhye’s live alarm clock?

So then the boy did his usual morning routine. Wash his face; brush his teeth, some light shaving and to top it off, some deodorant spray. When the morning wash up is done, it’s time to change.

So then, he would always take off his PJs and toss them in the laundry basket, and never misses (Thank his athletic ability for it) and swiftly slips into his school uniform before marching up to the masters’ mansion, ready to wake up Miss Sleeping Beauty.

He greeted the hard working maids who were probably up before sunrise to clean the house and carried on to the dining room. There, he prepared breakfast. Yonghwa’s actually quite the cook. Name it and he’ll make it.

Minutes later, he noticed that the master had come down the stairs with his majestic looking robe and greeted him with a humble bow.

“Good morning master” He chirped happily

“My, my, early as usual, I see” The master said after his signature laugh “All set to go to school?”

“Yes, I just need to make sure that Shinhye would wake up in time”

“Oh?” The master asked “Doesn’t she normally wakes up early herself?”

Yonghwa paused before answering; he knows he has to answer his questions carefully if he were to make a good impression. Truthfully, he being her live alarm clock is just an excuse to see the girl early in the morning. But knows too well that kind of excuse will just send him off flying to Africa, or worse… Antarctic?

 The master just stood there amused as he observed the young lad, desperately trying to find a way to answer that would please him. The master knows all too well as well, his true reason for being Shinhyes’ alarm clock, when really, she doesn’t really need one.

As this heartwarming scene goes on, Minhyuk stepped in and liven up the atmosphere as usual. Truly, he is the source of energy in the morning. The trio then enjoyed the morning feast as they waited for the last person they expect to walk down that elegant staircase, who after half an hour, still didn’t.

The three then stole constant glances to the door of Shinhyes’ room as it makes no sign of opening. Eventually, they became worried.

‘I’ll go and check up on her” Yonghwa volunteered as he rushed upstairs, followed closely behind by Minhyuk.

When they finally arrived in front of her door, the two nodded as Yonghwa knocked on her door “Milady?” The two then paused to give her a chance to answer, but nothing happened. Yonghwa decided to knock again, slightly louder this time “Milady? You’ll be late to school”

Again another pause. There was no answer.

“Please excuse my rudeness” The boy exclaimed before forcibly opening the door to finding a huge lump on Shinhyes’ bed. When the two rushed in, they discovered that the lump on her bed was actually Shinhye, covered up in a round ball made by her blanket.

“Milady…” Yonghwa called out softly as he kneeled down to talk to her “Why are you-“

“Oppa?” The girl mumbled, leaving Yonghwa and Minhyuk utterly speechless. “Oppa… is it you?”

Something’s not right Yonghwa thought. Then he observed the girl more closely then noticed her fuming red cheeks, with her contrasting pale lips. Then out of instinct, he held her forehead. She’s burning hot he thought in panic.

“Oppa…” Shinhye whimpered once again “Why is your hand really cold?” then stared at him with her now big gogly eyes.

Aish she even looks cute when she’s sick. “Milady, it seems that you’ve caught a fever”

“Omo!” Minhyuk exclaimed behind him and bit his fingernails in panic “Otteoke? We should bring you to the doctor!”

As Yonghwa stood up he firmly said “Then I-“

“You” The master interrupted as he pointed his index finger to Yonghwa “Will be going to school”

The two then turned around and gave some open space for the master to see. “She’ll be fine as long as she gets some rest” He commented after examining her condition. “You two shouldn’t skip school because of her sickness.

“But master-“ Yonghwa began

“With no exceptions” He stated clearly and firmly. The boys soon understood that there is nothing that can change her mind.

However, before the two begun to walk out Shinhye had grabbed firmly onto Yonghwas’ uniform and call out “Oppa…? Where are you going?” The three stood there in amazement as they witnessed a rare behavior of their beloved Shinhye.

During this silence, Shinhye had carried on “Please don’t leave me… you promised… you’ll never leave me..” She quietly whimpered, due to her sore throat.

Master then eyes at his daughter with full affection as he kneeled down “Do you want him to stay, my love?”

The girl nodded weakly in reply. Master then heaved a sigh as he heavily looked in Yonghwas direction. “This must be because of her high fever, she’s being delusional” the old man declared in frustration.

“So you’ll let me stay and take care of her?” He asked in hope

“I’ve got no choice. The lady has requested” he said while turning on his heel “but you, Minhyuk, will proceed to school as always” He said lastly before proceeding out of the room.

“Understood” The boy bowed as the master left the room, and then turned his attention to Yonghwa “Take good care of her hyung”

“I will” The boy said to him before the other had left for school.

“Oppa?” The girl the called out to him when she sensed that no one else was there

The boy looked at her lovingly as he answered “Yes?”

“Can you sing me a lullaby like you always do?”

 Yonghwa then took a comfortable sitting style as he answered her “A lullaby?”

“De... The one that goes.. na… na. na… nana na…” She hummed the song with her sore voice. Then stopped as she waited impatiently for Yonghwa to sing the song.

Yonghwa then stood there in silence; he never heard such a melody before. But he didn’t want to disappoint his lady so he improvised the tone.

Shinhye then listened to the tone, but then she grumbled. It was not the same song. “Ani yo!” She then exclaimed making Yonghwa jump from his seat.

“Neh?”

“The song doesn’t sound like that! There were words too!” She whined like a five year old as she startled the young lad. “Are you really my oppa?” She questioned him rather harshly.

But Yonghwa strangely doesn’t feel offended by it. Instead, he finds it cute; it feels like he’s seeing the 5 year old Shinhye. However, Yonghwa then gradually realized. Though she is most probably half-asleep, she was not making up things. She must be referring to a real person, and she thinks, that the said person is him.

 “Maybe you can try humming it again for me? Oppas’ memory has gone bad” he said with a light hearted smile

“Arasso… Oppa has gotten old” She commented and giggled a little before humming that song, slightly longer this time.

Yonghwa didn’t notice it the first time, but the second time he heard it, and longer too, it became clear. His head started to ache, and Shinhye’s voice sounded more like echoes. He felt the world spinning and he felt rather helpless as he lifelessly lumped onto her bed.

Shinhye who witnessed this then stared at him in shock. He wasn’t moving. “Oppa?”


A/N: updated again! hohoho truly... this is the miracles of january!!!! 

So anyway, back to the story, are you all fidgeting to know, who she's actually referring to?? and maybe a little shock as to why Yonghwa... well, you know....keekkee then stay tuned my lovely readers

Hope you enjoyed the update just as much as how much i enjoyed wriing it! Please do comment like you all always do! :)  oh and to the wonderful chingus who upvoted and subscribe, here let me give you my infamous flussf hugs~ ^^

So~ until nexttime, lovelies~ and stay awesome!

P.S to a certain chingu, you really are a wonderful reminder, kekeke surprise! i updated just for you chingu ah ;)