Phase 2

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Hyun woo came out with a rather bewildered look which had made the contestants hold their breaths. When he noticed, he immediately gave an assuring smile, directed particularly at Yonghwa, “I will be calling out the names”

“Kim dong jae- ssi” Hyun woo begun as he pulled out a card, which happened to be a red x “Better luck next time buddy”

“Kim soo hyun-ssi” Hyun woo continued as he pulled out the green card “Congrats! Yours were the first dish that our lady had approved” A small smile is evident on his lips, as he was glad.

“Song Joong ki-ssi” Hyunwoo carried on “Yours as well, congratulations, were chosen” Again, another smile was evident on his lips.

“Jung Yonghwa-ssi” Hyun woo continued as he again showed him the green card “Congrats hyung! Yours were chosen right out of the bat!” He said rather energetically and then coughed “Right, moving on…”

Yonghwa sighed in relief as a smile was evident on his lips. But then his gaze was immediately fixed on Jung shin, which is now currently standing quite confidently beside his butler.

“Lee Jung shin-ssi…” Hyun woo uttered with a rather bored face “Congrats, yours passed as well”

“Like it should have” Jungshin muttered under his breath “I guess your dishes were and always her favorite huh? Jaejin…”

Yonghwa let out a tensed sigh when he heard the announcement So he passed huh?

Hyun woo let out a cough to gather their attention. Once all eyes were on him, he proceeded “Moving on to the next phase,” He said as he traced the now almost empty room “Since there’re only a few of you this should be quick”

Hyun woo then took out a card and read through “If lady Shinhye can be described in 2 words, what would it be?” He ended his statement with a smile. "The one to judge this time would be Master Myungsoo and Sebastian. You all have 10 minutes, good luck!”

Hearing upon the judges names and incredibly little time limit, almost all of them panicked. What kind of descriptions would her father and loyal butler would like? What kind of descriptions would they dislike? There seems to be no end in this.

Joong ki and Soo hyun have no idea. They don’t know the lady quite well, and neither do they know the judges very well. For them, it was already a game over before it even started.

2 words huh? Yonghwa thought deeply. Immediately a flow of memories went through his head which had brought him a warm smile. Of course, only these words are most befitting her.

“Okay, time’s up” Hyun woo immediately announced. “Let’s start shall we?” And then eyed Soo hyun “Soo hyun-ssi?”

The boy panicked as he begun “U-um.. Royal and… Pretty?”

“You seem unsure” Master chuckled upon his answer

“Forgive me” He apologized

“No Soo Hyun-ssi, we’re sorry” Sebastian followed up and immediately held up 2 red x’s

“Alright, Kim Soo hyun-ssi, you know the exit” Hyun woo directed as he walked out silently.

“Song Joong ki-ssi?” Hyun woo continued

“Um…” he begun nervously “Beautiful and… powerful?”

“I wouldn’t use the term ‘powerful’ to describe a lady” Master myungsoo said displeasingly

“Neither would I” Sebastian immediately agreed and held up the two x’s

Devastated, the boy made his way to the exit before Hyun woo could direct him. Finally, it was Jung shins’ turn. The boy swallowed hard as he begun “Lee jungshin-ssi?”

“Lively and kind” He said confidently.

Master myungsoo raised a bow as he asked “May you explain why you chose those to words?”

“Lively as a bird greeting the morning she is and kind like snow white. That’s an image that I’ve always thought of her. A kind and lively princess, who welcomes every living thing with a bright smile on her face”

After a long pause Master myungsoo slowly lifted up a green circle, as much as he wanted Jung shin to be eliminated, he had to be fair.

Sebastian too, liked his description of his lady and held up the green circle. After a long sigh Hyun woo turned his attention to Yonghwa who seem to be zoning out. “Yonghwa-ssi?” he called out, snapping Yonghwa back to reality.

“Neh?”

“Your answer, if you don’t mind” Hyun woo instructed worriedly What has he been thinking?

“Ah right” He begun and faced his master and Sebastian and prepared himself. “My lady without a doubt, is a woman that can be described in many words, depending on the perspective of the person.” Master Myungsoo and Sebastian nodded in agreement as their anticipation of Yonghwa’s answer grew.

“In my case,” Yonghwa begun as he traced back to their childhood times.

“Shinhye! You’re not supposed to be eating those cookies! They’re expired remember?”

“Nonsense! These cookies still taste awesome!-Urgh… Yonghwa… my… tummy…”

“Aish, what did I tell you?”

Stubborn” Master Myungsoo and Sebastians eyes widened that very moment What? They thought.

“In many cases, she was stubborn because of her childish behavior.” Upon that statement, Master myung soo actually fumed in annoyance Is that how he sees my daughter?! “But, there were also times where she was stubborn for the sake of others” Master and Sebastian hen looked at eah other with confusion.

“Yonghwa! What are you doing here alone?”

“N-non of your business!!”

“But it’s freezing out here, you could catch a cold-“

“I-i said l-leave me alone!!”

“NO!” She refused and sat next to him “I’m not leaving until you are!”

“Gosh what’s your problem?!”

“I can say the same to you!!”

“Ugh whatever suit yourself”

“Which lead to another word for her,” Yonghwa carried on “Warm” and smiled “Her presence alone can calm and warm up my heart in an instant. I have never met such a person before therefore I can say this confidently. A warm and a selflessly-stubborn person are the two words that I would use to describe Park Shinhye”

Master myungsoo who was fuming earlier then calmed down as he heard Yonghwa’s explanation. I suppose only people who are close enough with Shinhye can say what Yonghwa just mentioned. That boy, he almost got on my bad side.

Sebastian then smiled upon Yonghwa’s answer Though I admit the contents of his answer was wonderful… He trailed Never have a seen a man described a woman with such tender and loving eyes before. With that alone Yonghwa, You passed.  And held up 2 green circles.

"But really," Sebastian thought in worry "the next phase is anyone's game"


A/n: Hello everyone!:D Updated again ^^ Hope you all enjoyed it!

Kim soo hyun and Song Joong ki popped out of nowhere haha, i hope you all liked their (very brief) cameo~ So Yonghwa a practically aced this round huh? What will be the next phase? Stay tuned for more! and i'll see you all next timee!! Sarangheyo~