A Fragment of His Memory

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Now Jonghyun ah, I want you to dress up exactly like this

Jonghyun stared into the photo as he then snickered in amazement “You want me to go back retro? First off, that hairstyle is so 10 years ago I can’t even begin to describe how-“

He was then cut off by Jung shins intimidating glare and decided to swallow what he intended to say and hastily agreed. “Fine, I’ll have my hair cut then” He trailed off as he began walking towards the door and grabbed his coat on the cloak hanger along the way, and shut the door tight.

Jung shin then smiled in content as he leisurely lay back on his back and allows himself to drift into slumber. Gong chan just stood at one corner of the room as he quietly observed his gestures.

Exactly what is he trying to do by turning my master into his deceased brother?

“You’ll see for yourself soon enough Gong-chan” The boy uttered with eyes closed

Gong chan jumped a bit from his sudden statement and looked at him in disbelief “So you can read minds now?”

The boy then opened one eye and grinned playfully “Pretty awesome aren’t i?”


Shinhye, Yonghwa and Minhyuk were just walking leisurely to school like they always do until they stumbled upon a familiar yet strange figure. The said figure was leaning against the school gates, most likely waiting for the arrival of a person.

When the three neared the school gates, the figure then perked up and walked his way towards them “Morning you three” He said as he smiled sweetly.

Shinhye and Yonghwa were completely grossed out by his sudden change of attitude and stepped back a little without uttering a single word. While Minhyuk on the other hand noticed something different with his appearance.

 “Did you cut your hair?” He asked

Jonghyun spared Minhyuk a glance before focusing on Shinhye and Yonghwa once again. “Wanna walk to class together?” He asked beamingly as he attempted to cling onto Shinhyes’ arm, which she immediately brushed off.

Oh? Ignoring me huh? Minhyuk puffed before glaring sharply at him.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into your head Jonghyun-ssi.” Shinhye told him as she eyed him weirdly “And from the looks of it, I suggest you see a doctor soon” then eyed Yonghwa and Minhyuk before walking off.

Yonghwa snickered upon her comment before glancing his way to Jonghyun and said “You heard the lady. Go and see a doctor” Then immediately caught up with Shinhye as did Minhyuk.

Jonghyun fumed from anger as the three were no longer in sight as he abruptly turned his head towards Jung shin who’s hiding in the shades, watching them from a far. What the hell? Are you planning on humiliating me and my image?

Gong chan who was next to him then said “I still don’t see any point in this”

“Well, it barely started” He then smiled evilly before walking off to class.


After class Jonghyun then made his way to Shinhye’s homeroom to ask her to have lunch together.

Why the hell am I doing this?

Along the way he had crossed paths with Sulli, who is apparently on her way to Shinhyes’ class as well. The girl then looked at him wide-eyed.

“What are you doing here?” She asked in disbelief

Jonghyun looked at her coldly before turning his head away from her “None of your business”

Truthfully, that really had hurt Sulli. She didn’t expect that response from her cousin. “Well whatever your business is, it better not be anything involving my eonni”

Jonghyun the smirked sideways upon Sullis comment “Why? ‘cause I fancy her? Don’t tell me you’re actually jealous Sulli-ah?” He uttered before walking in.

Sulli then looked at him disapprovingly before screaming mentally “I DO NOT!”

“Hey Shinhye” The boy called out as he strode to her desk.

Shinhye who was about to get her wallet out just stared at him blankly before uttering “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing, I just thought that maybe we could have an enjoyable lunch together.” He said as he smiled.

Shinhye looked at him weirdly before going into a blank state. Not being able to process what’s going on mentally. If she were the Shinhye before, she would’ve flied to cloud nine right now. But, that naïve Shinhye is no longer here.

“Well, you should have thought twice before toying with my feelings now wouldn’t you?” She answered, turning all eyes on them “That facade of yours, no longer works against me” She said with a firm tone and stood up and left the classroom.

Jonghyun quickly followed her, as did Yonghwa but was then stopped by affirm grip on his wrist. “Yonghwa-ssi! I was wondering if you can have a meal with me?”

Yonghwa glared at him as he tries to tug his arm away from his grip but then failed. “Let go” He said sternly.

Jung shin shook his head mockingly as he uttered “Tsk tsk tsk no, Yong-yong, no. We wouldn’t want the lovebirds to be interrupted now do we?”

This sentence is familiar to Yonghwa, way too familiar. That he then scrunched up his nose upon hearing it, as strong emotions begun to swell up inside him. As he then fell, Minhyuk had come to his rescue and caught him by the arm.

“Hyung?” Minhyuk whispered to him but gets no response. Minhyuks expression then darkened when he realized what Jung shin had done, then turned his gaze to him and glared.

Jung Shin just laughed as he watched the scene and clapped his hands “Bravo! His response was actually greater than I expected!!”

“Why hyung?” Minhyuk gnawed as he desperately tries to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall from his eyes.

Jungshin just shrugged off the question as he stood up and left “I guess I’ll have to eat alone now” and trotted away.

Minhyuk gritted as he received all the stares in the room and told them relentlessly that everything is fine. Several responses had emitted from the crowd. Several were outraged by Jung shins demeanor and let out their frustrations on Minhyuk since they don’t have the balls to confront the man. Some were worried about Yonghwas’ condition, more like desperately tried to get Minhyuk to let them hold Yonghwa instead. While some, are just plain curious and being rather a pain in the neck.

Minhyuk who is now mentally stressed couldn’t come up any way to shut them all up at once, until 2 figures had stood in front of him in a rather defensive manner.

“Okay, okay enough everyone.”  Sulli said sternly “Let’s not give Minhyuk any additional pressure now, hm?”

While Hyun woo on the other hand got a hold of Yonghwa’s other side and managed to support the boy fully. “We should bring him to the nurse’s office for now and let him rest” he advised the now tense Minhyuk.

The boy nodded understandingly as he and Hyun woo slowly dragged Yonghwa to the nurse’s office with Sulli following closely behind.


“Shinhye-ah!” Jonghyun called out the Shinhye’s now running figure. Aish why did I ever agree to act this way?

While Shinhye in the mean time is just desperately evading him at all costs Why is he so persistant? She uttered under her breath until she finally turned into a corner which leads to a …

.

.

dead end.

.

.

Shinhye then turned abruptly in horror once she discovered the dead end. But to her dismay, Jonghyun was already standing before her, smiling triumphantly.

“Got you, Shinhye”

The girl then shivered slightly in fear as the boy walked closer and closer, slowly closing the already small distance between them.

Shinhye attempted to maintain the distance by stepping back until her back had hit against the ice cold wall, informing her that there were no space left for her to run.

Jonghyun smiled upon the terrified figure before him, as he enjoyed watching this. She looks rather cute like this he silently thought.

That frightening smile was Shinhye’s switch into her combat mode.

She then grabbed Jonghyuns wrist, twisted it, and then slammed him onto the floor, leaving Jonghyun immobilized.

“What the heck do you want from me?” She interrogated him sternly, until an item had flashed around his wrist, as his long sleeved shirt slid down, revealing the item.

Shinhye looked at the item in surprise as she compared it with hers.

The boy groaned in defeat upon her action and pleaded “Arassoh I’ll let you go. So just let me go” He pleaded half-heartedly, but not gaining any response from the said girl. He then tilted his head upwards slightly, just enough to get a glimpse at her expression.

When he did, he traced her line of sight and figured out what had stunned her. He then curved his lips upwards into a knowing smirk before letting out “Nice bracelet huh?”

“How?”

“You forgot? I thought you were the one who made them?” Jonghyun uttered out blatantly

There was a long pause before a small confused and dumbstruck voice had finally escaped Shinhyes small lips “I did?”


Minhyuk and Hyun woo then gently laid Yonghwa on the thin layered bed in the school clinic, with Sulli covering him under the equally thin blanket. The three then turned their attention to the nurse as she walked into the scene.

“I’ll be running several general check-ups to make sure he is well. Would you all mind?” She gestured the three to leave.

The three then nodded their head simultaneously in understanding as they quietly walked out to give the nurse some space to work.

“Thanks for helping me out back there” Minhyuk thank the pair who had come to his rescue earlier. “I wouldn’t be able to handle that kind of crowd on my own”

The two then shook their heads then looked at each other hesitatingly, wondering if they should spill what they have in mind. Hyun woo then made a rash decision to just tell Minhyuk.

“Actually…”

*Flashback*

“Hyunwoo, do you think Shinhye eonni is having lunch with Yonghwa again?” Sulli asked her butler nonchalantly with a playful grin implanted on her face.

“Most probably, it’s been 15 minutes since we’ve waited.”  He replied, as he couldn’t care less. “Should we head off and eat ourselves?” he then beamed, excited with the fact that it’ll only be the two of them all lunch break.

Before Sulli can reply a familiar figure stood in front of them and had made them halt.

“Hi Hyunwoo” He said in monotone and turned his attention to Sulli “Hi Sulli”

The two eyed each other as Hyun woo began moving in front of Sulli, in his defensive stand.

The boy then let out a bitter smile as he carried on “It’s been awhile huh?”

“Yeah” Hyun woo replied and scanned him from head to toe “What makes you suddenly wanting to talk to us?”

The boy then glanced over his shoulder, gesturing to the two to his homeroom “You might want to help that guy. I feel kind of bad for seeing him stuck in that situation” He said nonchalantly and walked pass them as he uttered lastly “This will be the last time that I’ll be nice to you though”

*End of Flashback*

“And that’s when we decided to rush over to check the situation over in your homeroom, and found you in that state” Hyun woo continued.

“After that you know the rest” Sulli concluded the explanation with a sigh. “I really can’t read that guy. Even from way back”

“Yeah, tell me about it” Hyun woo followed up as he shrugged, agreeing on Sullis remark.

Minhyuk listened to them tentatively as he tries to absorb all the information he’s receiving. Being the observant guy he is, he couldn’t add up all the pieces of puzzles. Every action that Jonghyun and Gong chan did didn’t make any sense to him.

Are they bipolar? Or maybe they have really bad mood swings? He thought in his head


Meanwhile, Yonghwa was in deep sleep. As he is, a scene had flashed into his mind. He was walking leisurely on the road when he suddenly spotted 2 other figures in the distance and decided to eavesdrop on them.

“Let me go” A girls voice commanded.

“Ani Shinhye, that’s not what I meant. You shouldn’t act like this” A boys voice resonated.

“If you’re just going to treat my affection for you like a game then better pretend it never happened!” The girl bickered as her eyes began to turn teary.”You- you’re just doing this, letting my hopes up then-“

Upon hearing the conversation, Yonghwa’s heart had dropped and lost all his energy. Even so, his curiosity had beaten him and he decided to stay back and listen.

“Thenwhat?” The boy asked her calmly

“Just admit it! You’re just like any other boy!” She yelled “Liking me for being PARK Shinhye! You’re just using me!!” She screamed and dashed off.

“What? Shinhye!!” The boy followed her immediately.

Yonghwa was about to follow them until a hand had grabbed him. As he turned around, an unfamiliar boy, probably older than him by 2 years then put his index finger on his lips. “Ani, Yong-Yong, we should leave those two lovebirds alone, hm?”

That face… “Jung shin… hyung?”

The older boy then smiled as he led Yonghwa to the other way “Come on, Minhyuk’s probably waiting for us in the garden”

Yonghwa nodded reluctantly as he looked back to the direction where Shinhye and Jaejin had run off to, then dropped his head. Being the older one, Jung shin knew immediately the reason behind his mellow expression.

But decides to ignore it, since he supports his brothers’ childhood love.

As he Yonghwa slowly regains consciousness another quick image had flashed. It looked rather messed up but he can make it that he was at home, when suddenly massive amounts of smoke had entered his room.

Then an image of a man running to him came, he looked really panicked. Who is this man?  Yonghwa was left dazzled until one of the maids had screamed his name.

“Mr Jung! Mr.Jung! We have to get out! Now!”

Jung? Yonghwa thought.

Just as they were about to escape, they had found out that every possible entrance had been blocked from the outside.

“God damnit!!” The said man cursed as he tried every method that had come to mind to break free, but failed miserably. While little Yonghwa on the other hand, observed the maids around him shiver in panic.

“We’re going to die… we’re going to die!!” One of them screamed, which was then soon followed by others.

The man who had carried Yonghwa, who is also now currently holding his hand tightly onto a woman then sighed in despair as he pulled he woman onto his chest and sobbed softly. “I guess this was one of the consequences’ of defending the truth huh?”

Little Yonghwa can only stare blankly at him as he was confused with the current happenings.

The man noticed then knelled at his eye level “You’re going to be fine, okay Yong-yong?” He assured the boy with a bitter smile.

The boy nodded slowly as he pouted with his big round gogly eyes, making it irresistible for the man to not pinch those chipmunk-like cheeks. “Appa and Umma will protect you will all we’ve got, arassoh?”

Little Yonghwa looked at the man and hugged him tighter as the ceiling begun to collapse on them. One by one the foundations of the building started to crumble down, crashing on whatever is underneath them.

And with that, they lost lives. Maids began screaming and sobbing hysterically as their colleagues begun dying/burned alive right in front of their eyes.

The man that proclaimed as his father then bent down as does the woman, whose supposed to be his umma, creating a dome like structure over Yonghwa’s head. Her mom then handed over a leather jacket which was big enough to cover almost his entire body then wrapped him up with it.

“This should reduce the burn effects” She said as she smiled.

Yonghwa looked at her teary eyed, as he begun to understand the situation “Umma?”

Just as he uttered so, a large piece of wood and split in half, making it fall to the ground, along with the buildings’ elements that it was supporting.

The two them embraced Yonghwa tighter, preparing for the impact. Yonghwa then shook his head aggressively “Ani! Move! Please! Umma! Appa! Please!” he desperately tries to push them away, but they wouldn’t budge.

“Yonghwa” The man then whispered sternly, and Yonghwa froze “I trust you to carry on the family name with pride arrasoh?”

Yonghwa was about to answer his father back when he can see the flaming substances falling almost near them. A large crash was then evident in his ears, as well as hysteric screams from the maids. But then seconds after….

.

.

He out.

.

.

.

“ng….!!Yung…!! Hyung!!!” A familiar voice then pulled Yonghwa back to reality.

Yonghwa then immediately sat up upon hearing the call but then received a massive headache in return. He began tracing his surroundings and took a glimpse of the people around him.

“Gwaenchana hyung?” Minhyuk asked worriedly “You were screaming in your sleep!”

He then touched his forehead and felt the cold sweat streaming down his face, literally. “Appa… Where’s appa?” He asked rashly as he started to get up, but was then stopped by the nurse.

“You need to-“

The boy then brushed her kind hand abruptly as he screamed “WHERE’S MY DAD?!”

Everyone in the room was shocked by the sudden change in his attitude and backed away, while Minhyuk just stared down at his hyung pitifully. “I’ll get him, so you just rest now hyung, hm?”

As Yonghwa was about to protest Minhyuks swiftly grabbed his shoulder and pinched a pinpoint that made him sleep. The other three stared at Minhyuk in amazement as he gently placed Yonghwa back in his sleep.

“Where did you learn that?” Hyun woo stuttered.

“Back during my training in Japan” He begun and turned away “I’ll leave my hyung to you, I have a gut feeling that milady is not doing so well either”


A/N: anyeonghaseyo my dear readers...

First things first, i would like to apologize for not being able to update as frequently, as i am busy due to several reasons. (I won't list them down though keke 'cause i know i'll just annoy you all, but me being sick was a part of it ^^' my dear readers! please take vcare of your health well and not end up like authornim~) i just want you all to know how sorry i am and ended up giving a long update as an act of apology... (I hope it's enough x()

and there you have it. yonghwa's long lost past. Pretty sad isn't it? It's just a fragment of it though.. haha there'll be more to come i guess? *hint hint*

hahaha and i guess Shinhye's in the red light as well? will Minhyuk make it in time? let us hope so! XD

So, until next time my lovelies~ I love you all, and you know it ;) hope you all will continue to send your love to me as well~ Hope you all liked the update!! Anyeong~