False Confession

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

 

 

“Come on eonnie say it one more time~” the girl cooed one more time excitedly

 

Agitated, the girl slammed the napkin on her grip as she grunted “I thought there were divisions available in the kitchen…” she said as she gradually knuckled her hand tight “which is why I signed up for it in the first place… so tell me…” the girl then flashed an angry look at the script that she’s holding “Why on earth am I playing maid?!?!”

 

“Now, now shinhye…” Hyun woo aid casually as he brought in some drinks for the ladies to sip “It’s not that bad to act like that nice in awhile” he said that and specifically eyed sulli with an embarrassed yet anticipated face.

 

“Well, DUH it is” Shinhye declined “I mean… this is what people would usually do when they are desperate for money and stuff”

 

“It’s just for the festival eonni” Sulli brushed off Shinhye’s complaint as she took both glasses that hyun woo brought in and handed one to Shinhye. “Besides…” Sulli began as she eyed Shinhye who’s beginning to take a sip of the drink “Don’t you want to please a certain someone during the festival with that get up of yours?”

 

Upon Sullis’ statement, unintentionally, Shinhye had spurted out the little amount of drink that she had sipped and looked at sulli with a confused face.

 

“M-mbo?” She stuttered, “W-who would I like to please?”

 

“Oh please stop acting like you don’t know whom my lady is referring to” Hyun woo uttered with an annoyed tone as he pulled out a napkin from his suit to wipe the wet floor clean.

 

“Huh?” Shinhye uttered still clueless

 

“Obviously,” Hyun woo begun “The person she’s referring to was umph-!“ But before Hyun woo could carry on with his sentence, sulli had cupped his mouth with her hand and continued for him instead.

 

“Well, never mind what I said if you don’t understand eonni” She said with an innocent smile. “Let’s just do this for the sake of our school neh?”

 

Baffled, Shinhye just nodded in agreement as they carried on practicing their roles and just let the day pass.

 

 

“Excuse me” Yonghwa knocked on the door as he waited patiently

 

Light footsteps were heard until the door was opened and revealed a smiling man.

 

“Come in Yonghwa ah”

 

The boy smiled and excused himself in as master closed the door behind him.

 

“What brings you by?”

 

The boy then faced him properly before going on “About Jungshin…” He began as he observed master’s face color change paler. “To completely solve this case with him, I guess we need to come clean with him and ask what his problem is”

 

The middle aged man then smiled solemnly at Yonghwa “Kure… sooner or later this would come to light soon anyway” and then looked up at Yonghwa “ Yonghwa ah..”

 

“Neh?”

 

“I…. killed that boy’s family”

 

Eyes widened, yonghwa took a good look at the man confessing right before him “Master…”

 

“No yonghwa” he stopped him before he could go on “I need not any comforting words from you. I will receive my punishment for being silent” he paused and looked deeply into Yonghwa’s eyes with a sad smile “and for using a good friend to try and get out of trouble”

...

No that’s not right He thought and was about to deny his statement. However, as soon as Yonghwa tried to deny his statement he heard a tumbling sound coming from the hallway. “What was that?” he said before dashing outside only to find his lady quite a distance from the door he peeked out from, but in a crouched position.

 

“Milady?”

 

The girl turned he head to face the source of the voice and with a rather shaky voice answered his call “Y-Yonghwa?”

 

Eyes widened, the boy caught a glimpse of her glossy eyes before she abruptly turned her head away to wipe the tears off her eyes.

 

“Milady?” He repeated, this time in a much lower and softer tone.

 

“N-Neh?” She answered trying to hide her hoarse voice but couldn’t.

 

“By any chance, were you listening to what we were-“

 

“Shinhye” A voice interrupted Yonghwa which made Shinhye halt. “I’m sorry for keeping it from you all this time”

 

The girl turned her whole body this time and eyed her father with betrayed eyes. “Appa….. how could you…..” She whipered coldly in between sobs. “Not only sealing my memories were enough… But to even murder…. Gosh I can’t even!” She screamed as she engulfed her fists. “No wonder Jung Shin loathes you!”

 

Upon hearing and seeing his own daughter so disappointed in him, the old man couldn’t say anything back to her.

 

“Yonghwa… take her to her room.” He said to dismiss the incident “Don’t you have the school festival tomorrow?” He said as calmly as possible.

 

“I can walk back to my room just fine” She refused as she stomped her way through the hallway to her room.

 

“I’ll be back” Yonghwa said before going after the lady

 

Oppa what’s this? You never mentioned about aboji killing you and your family! Andwe andwe this must be some sort of bad dream or something… there must be an explanation to this

 

Flashback

 

“That’s why Jungshin loathes you!!’

 

No… what did I just say to him? The girl panicked as her eyes began to become moist.

 

“Shinhye”

 

The girl turned her head to see Yonghwa walking up to her as she stopped. The boy then sighed, as he stood right in front of her just before she broke down into crying.

 

“Yonghwa ya… what do I do? I’ve said such horrible things to him even though I haven’t heard him out! Otteokhe yo Yonghwa ya? I was so taken over by anger that I’ve hurt him so much-“

 

The boy then took a step closer and hugged the girl. “Gwaenchana yo.” He whispered softly in her ear “I’m sure he more than understands. So let’s tuck you to bed, hm?”

 

Obediently, the girl nodded in his embrace and then hand in hand walked back to her room as Yonghwa escorted her back.

 

“Yonghwa..?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Did appa really…?” She asked softly as her grip on Yonghwa’s hand became tighter.

 

Softly the boy gripped her hand back as he answered firmly “No. I don’t believe so”

 

Eyes widen, the girl turned her head towards him “Jinjja?” Her eyes gleamed “Appa didn’t kill them?”

 

Smiling, Yonghwa nodded back at her “He wouldn’t have done something that irresponsible, no matter how out of his mind he is” he pointed out “There must be something else that happened which made it seem like he was the one to cause Jungshins familys tragedy”

 

The girl blinked rapidly upon hearing Yonghwa’s hypothesis and then dripped another ear down her face and begun to smile weakly. “Thank you”

 

“Huh?” Yonghwa asked questioningly

 

“Thank you Yonghwa ya… for making me believe in my father” She said in between sniffles “If you hadn’t said anything… I might’ve lost all faith in him”

 

The boy then chuckled a little before ruffling her hair “Why are you even crying over this? Such a cry baby”

 

Upon Yonghwa’s gesture, the girl had blushed madly and covered her face as she quickly traced her eyes around the hallway to find the door to her room for refuge. “Ah we’re already here.” She immediately exclaimed as he found it “Thanks for taking me to my room” She bowed quickly, then immediately dashed into her room.

 

As she did, the young boy smiled affectionately at he as he whispered “My pleasure” and walked back to his own.

 

I’ll find the real murderer, just you wait, Shinhye ah


A/N: hello my dear readers! It's really been awhile right? i'm so so sorry. For the past few months i didn't have the motivation to write this story for awhile because of so many things going on around me. But now i guess the burdened has lessened and am feeling more motivational lately :) 

Don't worry. I am planning on going through with this story till the end ^^ until then, i hapo you all won't lose faith in me :) well, see you all around soon !