How Everything Started

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Morning came and enlightened the Park household. Like always, Yonghwa is the first to wake up to brew his favorite herbal tea for him and the rest of his housemates.

After he had set the table, he sat quietly on one side of the dining table as he read through the morning newspaper, waiting for the others to come down and join him for breakfast.

Just a few minutes after, Yonghwa had noticed a soft presence on the top of the stairway and looked up.

“Morning Lady Shinhye” He greeted her as he stood up and pulled out a chair for her, while she walked towards him.

As soon as she sat, the girl beamed at him and responded “Good morning to you too Yonghwa.” She smiled “You’re surprisingly… likeable today” She said softly as she arched one of her eyebrows.

The boy arched similarly as he smirked “Are you planning on changing my mind about being nice?”

The girl waved frantically as she emphasized “OH NO please. Carry on with what you’re doing”

The boy chuckled as he grabbed the teapot and poured the herbal tea into her cup.

“Where’s Minhyuk?” The girl asked as she scanned the room and didn’t find the lively lad.

“He’ll be down soon. Just wait and see-“

“Good morning Milady! Good morning hyung!” He waved at them energetically as he jogged to the dining table.

Yonghwa then looked at Shinhye with a smirk “Told you”

The trio then quickly devoured their pancakes and rushed to grab their backpacks for school. “Let’s go!” Minhyuk cried from the front door.

“Coming!” Shinhye cried back as she skipped while putting on her shoes, and soon enough to her dismay, tripped on her dad’s house slipper.

“Whoa!!” Yonghwa cried as he swiftly caught her by her hip “Careful there” He sighed as he pulled her up. “That could’ve gotten you into a serious injury young lady” He scolded as he motioned to the vase near her.

Shinhye pouted as she obediently listened to his scolding “Arasso, arasso, Daddy” She mocked and stuck out her tongue once Yonghwa’s nags became unbearable, and quickly escaped with Minhyuk outside before he could catch her.

“Wha-Yah!!” He screamed at her, baffled.


“Eonni!” A warm voice greeted her as soon as she arrived at the school gates.

Shinhye turned around to see a beaming Sulli who frantically ran to her with a big smile plastered on her face.

“Eonni!” She called out again before enveloping into Shinhye’s big warm hug. “How’s your day?” She asked when they had released the hug.

Shinhye chuckled as she answered “Well, it barely begun”

Another figure soon came into the picture, and Shinhye can immediately tell who it was. “Morning Hyun woo”

The boy then bowed respectfully as he replied “Good day to you too, Lady Shinhye”

“Shh!!” Shinhye motioned as she put her index finger on “It’s Shinhye in school grounds” She said with a smile.

The boy rolled his eyes dramatically as he mumbled “Everyone knows you’re a lady anyways-“

Sulli’s sharp ears had not missed that remark “Hyun woo!! Listen to eonni!”

Shinhye and the boys who had saw the two couldn’t help but laugh at them. They are just too adorable.

“We should head in now. The first bell is going to ring anytime soon” Shinhye reminded as she pointed towards their school. The rest then nodded as they quickly followed her in.

Sulli and Minhyuk had gone together to their respective homeroom while Hyun woo went his own way. Shinhye was then left alone with Yonghwa.

“let’s go?” The boy asked as he smiled

Shinhye gave him a beaming smile as said “Yeah” And walk with him to class.


It had been a rather eventful day at their household that they had forgotten all the drama that was happening in school. Yonghwa looked across the room and found Jung Shin seated silently on his seat, which he soon discovered was also fast asleep.

Now that I have my memories back… I remember being close with him. Yonghwa thought sadly as he stared at Jungshin I can’t hate him now even if I wanted to. He admitted bitterly.

“Yonghwa?” Shinhye pulled him back to reality. “Aren’t you going to sit?”

“R-right” he shuffled into his seat.

Shinhye stared at him weirdly for a brief moment until her focus was distracted by her teacher who came in to start class.


Yonghwa’s mind continued to wander during the first few periods of class. Luckily enough, the teacher never actually caught on. His mind continued to wander around the renewed memories that he had just recovered and slowly sank back to him.

Who he was.

Where he came from.

Which part of society he had once belonged.

“Hyung?” Minhyuks voice called out for him one last time “Now that you know who you are… Are you planning on telling him?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I mean…” Minhyuk began unsurely “Are you planning on telling the master anytime soon?”

Yonghwa became silent upon the boys question as he thought deep. Minhyuk who saw his flustered hyung then gave him a reassuring smile. “Whatever you choose to do, I’ll always support you hyung”

Yonghwa looked up at him as he smiled “Gumawo, Minhyuk ah”

“Just don’t do anything reckless alright?”

Yonghwa chuckled as he answered “Of course, you know me”

Minhyuk arched one of his eyebrows as he muttered “Are we talking about Yonghwa hyung, or Yong-yong? ‘Cause as far as I’m concerned, Yong-yong is one hell of a reckless and tactful boy” The boy pointed out as he crossed his arms with a smug smile on his face.

Yonghwa eyed him evilly as he hissed “Yah”

Minhyuk chuckled for the last time before waving and made his exit.

“Yonghwa ssi?” An irritated voice snapped Yonghwa back to reality.

Yonghwa looked up to see Gong chan handing out his hand as if he’s demanding something from him. He then gave him a questioning look which had drove Gong chan mad. “Your homework, if you may” he gritted under his breath, holding back his irritation for having to call him out numerous times.

As soon as Yonghwa understood he then fished a piece of paper from his bag as he handed it out to Gong chan. The class rep then swiftly took it from him with a sigh as he carried on collecting homework from the rest of the class.

“What’s his problem?” Yonghwa growled as he slumped back on his seat.


Shinhye stared emptily at the board during class. Somehow her mind refuses to listen to the lesson and continues to be in a blank state. She’s not thinking of anything, and neither does she had the urge to think anything.

The girl continued to stare emptily at the board until a sweet whistle had caught her attention. She turned her head towards the source of the voice and met eyes with a small brunet sparrow on a tree.

As it continued to whistle Shinhye continued to stare at it. Completely obvlious to the teacher who has now paid close attention to her.

“Shinhye ssi?” The teacher called out one time. But she didn’t respond “Shinhye ssi?” She called out a second time, but still got no response from her. The teacher began to feel irritated as she raised her voice “Park Shinhye ssi”

Finally, the girl turned around. “Yes?” She answered blankly .

All eyes were on her. It’s such a rare sight to see the lady Park not focusing in class.

Yonghwa eyed her worriedly. Is she sick or something?

Another figure had also looked at her worriedly. And that feeling is something that he did not expect to feel for that certain girl.

“Care to solve this equation on the board?”

The girl looked upfront to observe the so called equation and sighed inwardly Thank God Yoon ssasaengnim taught this before.”De.” She replied simply as she stood up and walked over to the board, and solved it effortlessly.

The class awed at her intelligence as she put the marker down. “Will this do?” She asked before returning to her seat.

The teacher then fixed her glasses as she coughed unnaturally “Right. You may return to your seat” She had yet failed to embarrass her and ended up embarrassing herself instead.

“That’s Shinhye for you” A girl whispered “To be daydreaming in class but can still solve hard equations” She admitted bitterly, jealous of the class goddess.

“She’s perfect” A boy awed as several others nodded in agreement.

Yonghwa eyed her, in hope that she’ll notice him and confirm his worries. Yonghwa can tell if the girl is sick or not, he’s been with her for the past 8 years after all. However to his disappointment, she hadn’t noticed him and continued to walk back quietly to her seat.

Now, he has t endure the last 15 minutes of the lesson before he can rush over to her to check up with her. Why is she suddenly like this? She was fine this morning. We even joked around. He wondered.


Class had finally ended. Yonghwa wasted no more time and dashed to her as he held her shoulders firmly. “Shinhye, what’s the matter with you?It’s not like you to be daydreaming in class” He confronted her.

“I was not” She denied. But Yonghwa gave her ‘the look’.

She then sighed and said “Okay fine I did.” She admitted “But don’t you occasionally day dream too?” She tried to pin point at him.

“That’s me. It’s a whole different story” Yonghwa counter attacked.

“Che” The hissed as she crossed both her arms “Excuses”

“Eonni!” A melodic voice called out to her from the door.

Shinhye turned around to find Sulli, along with Minhyuk and Hyun woo close behind her. “Let’s have lunch together!”

The girl gave her a sweet smile as she replied “Coming!” and took out her wallet. "Hold on, we're not finished-" Ignoring him, shinhye begun “You coming or not?” She asked Yonghwa before making a dash towards Sulli.

Yonghwa sighed as he mumbled “Of course” And slipped his hands inside his pocket as he watched his lady dashed to Sulli. From the corner of his eye he can tell that Jung Shin has been eyeing on Shinhye for quite some time.

Somewhere in the corner of his heart, hope sparked but then it soon died again when Jung Shin stood up and exited the classroom without sparing Yonghwa a second glance.

What had happened between us? Yonghwa wondered in his head.

“Hyung!” Minhyuk called out. Yonghwa then looked at him. “The girls are leaving!”

“Coming” He said as he walked towards Minhyuk. I guess I’ll have to ask Minhyuk later on.


Jonghyun was reading peacefully in the library until a sudden abrupt entrance startled him. The boy looked over his book in as he made out who was the one to cause such a ruckus.

“Do you mind?” Jonghyun hissed at him as soon as he saw who it was before going back to his book.

“Did you say anything to Shinhye?”

Jonghyun then looked at him in confusion and finally made out “What? After telling me to crush now her you’re actually worried for her?” Jonghyun snickered in amusement.

“No.” Jung Shin denied “I was just curious with the way she behaved in class today”

Jonghyun arched an eyebrow as he questioned “By that you mean?”

“She seems quite lost today” Jung shin stated before arching up a smile “Which means, something must have happened to her”

Jonghyun looked at his cousin in disgust before uttering “You’re enjoying this?”

“Of course!” he said as he laughed evilly “I’ve been waiting for this! God I have!”

Jonghyun looked at him oddly before shoo-ing him away “Before you get any weirder, get out of my sight”

Ignoring Jonghyun, Jung shin began assuming “Soon enough, she’ll get back into that state, and then fall into a hopeless labyrinth of despair. And when she’s at her limit…” Jung shin then paused for a brief moment before continuing “She will be reunited with my Jaejin once again! To his side where she belongs!”

Jonghyun slowly dropped his book as he looked up to his cousin as he questioned with interest “hold on. Isn’t your brother… dead?”

Jung shin looked at him before answering “In this world, yes. But he will always be eternally alive in the heavens, waiting for his other half to come to him.” He explained before his expression had turned dark. “They were nearly reunited, they were this close” He turned around to Jonghyun as he pinched his thumb and index finger together. “But that Park Myungsoo just had to ruin it for them”

Jonghyun can already feel an eerie feeling in the air as Jung shins expression darkened. Now even he was scared.

“Park myungsoo… not only he killed my family… he also had cut Jaejins red fate with Shinhye.” He explained as he sat down on one of the library chairs “Him killing my parents… though it is regrettable, I forgave him. He didn’t mean it. But when kills Jaejin and tries to stop Shinhye from returning to Jaejins side is when he is crossing the line.”

“Jung shin…”

“He’s the source of all this!!” Jung shin screamed “If he had let his daughter return to Jaejins side none of this wouldn’t have happened!!”

As Jung shins shoulder heaved up and down, Jonghyun can see clearly fury and despite. Never so much in a person he has witnessed such cold eyes.

Though he hated to admit it, Jung shin in the past was so much warmer. But who could blame the boy? He has also lost so much. His family, his home, his lineage of being the heir of the Lee enterprises, and worst of all… The boy who meant the world to him, his lovely dongsaeng Lee Jaejin.


A/N : Anyeongggggg!!!! XD authornim returns with a looooong update! (i hope this compensates for my absence TvT)

so here i'm telling you guys that my last exam is this sunday! therefore, all my time is yours~  (well kinda sorta ahaha) Mianhae, authornim can only write this much for now, and it's back to studying for me right now! Wish me luck everyone~ and see you all this sunday! XD

With much love,

hannaraisya xoxo