A Butlers Choice

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

A/N: Hello all! finally updated the chapter... (/TT^TT\) plraise the lord!

Anyway, i hope you all will enjoy te update!


 

“I did. But not anymore”

Jong hyun stepped back from Shinhye’s sudden change in tone and stood perfectly still. Her cute and bubbly self had transformed into an ice cold character that Jong hyun no longer recognizes.

What the hell? Gong-chan never mentioned about her having this kind of personality?  He thought panicky.

“yah… what does that even mean?” Jonghyun asked questioningly

“It means literally as it sounds, Jong hyun-ssi” Shinhye stated flatly and slowly broke off the contact with him and stare deeply into his eyes with a hateful glare.

Jonghyun can feel cold sweat rushing down his face and his hands slightly shaking. “What the? Why do I feel like the one being cornered here?” he thought to himself

Shinhye traced him from the tip of his hair down to his toes. His hair was neatly done, and so was his uniform. There is a very light smell of cologne lingering around his shirt and the scent of fresh mint coming out of his breath. She finally came to a conclusion that he coming here was no coincidence.

“What do you want from me?”

Jonghyun took a step back and then answered “What do you mean what I want from you?”

“Don’t play dumb Jonghyun ah” Shinhye said sneeringly “You calling me madam park is enough to convince me that you thirst for power”

Jonghyun gaped and was about to object, but before he does, Yonghwa stormed into the room and got in between the two, leaving Jonghyun utterly speechless.  Around the same time, Gong chans cry echoed through the school corridor.

Jonghyuns head shot up as he heard the familiar cry and then growled under his breath “What are you doing to him?”

“Just giving him a lesson” Yonghwa said in monotone.

Shinhye stood there silent. It finally hit her that Gong chan was also a part of this scheme. Though she doesn’t want to believe it, every fiber in her body scolds at her for trusting into people too much.

Yonghwa turned back to her and then whispered softly “We should head back to class milady”

Shinhye looked at Yonghwa in disbelief for calling her his lady in front of him. Rather than concerning about herself, she is far more worried about Yonghwa. What will become of him if Jonghyun were to spread this news across the whole school?

But then Yonghwa smiled assuringly and said “Gwaenchana. I’m sure he knows about me too” He said as he glared at Jonghyun “And even if he does announce this, who will believe him?”

Shinhye then sighed in relief. That’s right this is Yonghwa we’re talking about, she’s sure that he knows what he’s doing.

Jonghyun laughed hysterically as he watched the two. “I feel like I’m witnessing the movie “Bodyguard” in live action. Aigoo… so much loyalty and love lingering around the air right now” He said as he fanned himself with his hand.

Yonghwa shot a sharp glare towards him as he said that. How could a mere stranger dare impose on their precious relationship?

Jonghyun then took another proper closer look at Yonghwa, and then frowned “Why does he seem familiar?” he thought in his head.

“Let’s go milady” Yonghwa stated as he gestured towards the door

Shinhye came closer to him and whispered “You didn’t hurt him that badly did you?” Yonghwa stared back at her with surprise, wondering how she can bring herself to concern about the guy.

“Ask Minhyuk about that. I didn’t even touch the guy” He said flatly.

“Oh” She said sullenly as she eyes Yonghwa who is now glaring endlessly at Jonghyun who is now doing the same. Feeling uncomfortable she tapped Yonghwa before walking out of the library first, leaving Jonghyun and Yonghwa alone in the room.

“So, this is the mysterious kid that Mr. Park and picked up in the streets 8 years ago?” Jonghyun asked teasingly. He meant to make fun of Yonghwa, but Yonghwa ignored those remarks. Instead, he glared at him and said “If you dare make another move on her, not only your butler will taste pain; you will also be welcomed to give it a taste”

“Yah, do you know who I am?” Jonghyun asked confidently “I am The Lee corporations’ president and only heir.”

“I will still do as I want with you, regardless of your position” Yonghwa said flatly and walked out of the room, leaving Jonghyun speechless. He clenched his fist in anger as he recalled the incident and cursed under his breath

“Milday!”

Shinhye turned around frantically at Yonghwa’s call as she answered “Yah!! How many times must I tell you NOT to call me that!!”

“From this is incident I can conclude that It seems that I must call you that every single minute in my life to remind you how important that role is, milady” Yonghwa talked back as he narrowed his eyes

Shinhye growled and then hissed “I know where this talk is going. Don’t even remind me” she said as she crossed her arms.

“Why must you be so stubborn?” Yonghwa asked earnestly as he stepped closer to her.

“I am not!”

That remark made Yonghwa snapped. How thick-headed can this girl get?

“You are, right this second! All I am asking out of you is be safe! But no! You ignore my warnings and even went all the way to trusting that Gong-chan guy so easily!”

“I-“ She begun but then paused “He didn’t seem like the dishonest type” She said weakly

“Exactly” Yonghwa stated “You can’t judge and read people at all. That is why I am here, to ensure your safety”

Shinhye looked up at him as he looked sternly at her and then mumbled “You’re treating me like a child” She said sadly

Yonghwas’ eyes widened at her statement.  Just before he could deny those remarks Shinhye turned her back on him and walked on to class, ignoring every call that Yonghwa had attempted.

 

 

Shinhye entered the classroom slightly late and made the other student stare at her. She isn’t the type of student to be late for class after all. Yonghwa followed shortly after just before class started.

The two listened quietly to the last few classes of the day, unlike any other day. None of the students dare speak to them during the shifts between classes. Not even the teachers dare to ask them to answer question verbally nor on board. The two were literally emitting dangerous auras.

“Yah… I can’t even flirt with oppa today. Why is he in such a bad mood?”

“It’s as if he could erupt from anger at any moment now”

 “Yah… she looks so sad I want to run to her and give her a warm bear hug!”

“Dude, if you feel like seeing the sun rise tomorrow you shouldn’t do that”

“What’s the big deal?”

“The King’s been monitoring her for the past hour now.” A guy whispers as he carefully eyed at Yonghwa

The guy who had wills suddenly lost all energy to even think about going near Shinhye. They were greatly intimidated by Yonghwa.

“Speaking of which, where on earth did Gong-chan go for the past hour?” A guy mentioned randomly

Shinhye’s eyes widened when she heard the name. Her mind went back to the incident that had happened just an hour ago. Gong-chan… he looked so innocent and honest, it never even crossed Shinhye’s mind that he had such a scheme up his sleeve.

Even so, she still couldn’t bring the urge to hate him. Shinhye liked the boy. Not as a man, but as a friend. He is a very calm man. Doing class rep duties with him is most efficient. He would do all tasks just as told in lightning speed, with minimal sound. Shinhye was glad to have him as the class rep.

Then it hit her. She’s worried.

Ever since she had entered the classroom, she had always been worried of him. The reason why she couldn’t take her mind of her book is that she’s worried that her mind will wonder off to him again, that’s why she always keeps her mind occupied. His cry echoing the corridors just now might echo again in her mind. That’s why she’s been quiet. Because she was trying to occupy her mind with books.

“I need to go to the infirmary” She said suddenly as the teacher from the next period enters.

“Uh-sure”

As soon as she stepped out of the classroom Yonghwa’s mood had gotten worse. Every single soul in that classroom was intimidated by it. The teacher could barely stand in front of the class without trembling in fear from Yonghwas’ sharp eyes and mood that’s getting worse by the minute.

 During half of the period, the teacher couldn’t take it anymore and bring courage to himself and asked “Yong-yonghwa ssi?” The teacher begun, slightly stumbled in the beginning “You look unwell, I believe it is best that you see the school nurse”

Yonghwa stood up silently and slowly walked out. As soon as he did, sighs of relief were echoing in class 1-2.

 

*In the infirmary*

Shinhye entered the infirmary in hoping to find the figure that had worried her for the past hour. As she frantically traced the infirmary she spotted a figure sleeping soundly on one of the beds, to find that it was Gong chan.

She walked slowly closer to him and then sat beside him. She traced his face that are now covered in bruises and cuts, and squeezed her palms.

“Why did you set me up with him? Are you really his butler? Was it for the sake of duty?” She whispered “ Was our friendship… also a lie?”

Gong chan slowly opened his eyes as he heard the soft whispers accompanied by sniffs next to him, and to his surprise the source of the sniffs was Shinhye. The boy immediately sat up and attempted to comfort her. But then stopped himself as he remembered what he had done to her. There’s no turning back.

Shinhye looked up to him in surprise and immediately wiped her tears “Y-you’re awake?”

Gongchan nodded slowly before mumbling “let’s stay away from each other from now on”. "I... was never her ally nor friend" he thought to remind hi priorities.

“What?”

“From this moment on, we are enemies Shinhye-ssi” He said out flat “Please leave me be”

Shinhye blinked in surprise before protesting “What nonsense are you spouting? Why must i-“

“Gladly” a voice muttered out of nowhere

Yonghwa stepped in and interrupted the two “I have confirmed my suspicions. You stay away from my lady” he declared as he eyes Gong chan

Gong chan smirked as he witnessed Yonghwa and continued his remark “I see the body guard has arrived.” He said as he stood up “it’s about time I go home. The last period’s over after all” and walked out quietly of the infirmary.

Shinhye dropped back in her seat and mumbled “From the very few close friends I made…  i lost 2 of them today” She mumbled quietly as she slowly falls into a soft sob.

Yonghwa who had been standing next to her squatted down in front of her and softly patted her back as he hugged her.

“Even if I had to play as the bad guy, I’ll protect you at all costs milady” He thought firmly.

Somewhere in Yonghwa's heart, he understood Gong chan. As a fellow butler, their top priority is always their master. Regardless whether they're evil or good. 

Gongchans point of view:

Flashback

"remeber Gongchan... in this path that we've chosen, no one but us is ally nor friend. Every single one of them is an enemy. Remember this gong chan,  I will never abandon you. Unlike them, i will never throw you away. And you must promise me in return that you will never throw me away either, arasso?"

end of flashback

"Gongchan, you need to get your thoughts straight." He mumbled to himself as he walks in the corridor. "They were never your allies nor friends. No one is your ally nor friend."


A/N: omo omo~ shinhye just lost a precious friend~ hehehe if you all read carefully, a hint of Yonghwa's past is slipped in here somewhere! so now what will happen to Shinhye as she was betrayed by her second love and friend? some of you wondered whther Shinhye has a first love right? The truth is she does! it was actually described in a previous chapter! if you still don't know, feel free to ask me! kekeke

anyways~ please don't forget to comment my dear readers~ (i love reading them :)) i wanna know how i'm doing so far! 

Please anticipate the next update! See you all next time!