What Are You Feeling?

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Yonghwa?” Shinhye had asked him for the 11th time that evening “Are you sure you’re feeling better already? Do you feel like seeing a doctor?”

“Ani my lady” He managed to utter with clenched teeth “I am perfectly fine”

After learning about the truth about his family, he’s barely keeping control of his outburst. He needed an explanation, an answer, anything.

That afternoon when he had woken up, he was about to ask Shinhye whether she had known anything or not. But, instead of giving him a concrete answer, the girl immediately placed her palm on his forehead, checking whether or not he had a fever of some kind. His statement seemed utterly ridiculous to her, since Yonghwa had always just been her butler, to her.

Minhyuk that moment who had overheard their conversation bit his lower lip and clenched his fist. Hyung… He thought worriedly. The only scenario possible in Minhyuks head now is Yonghwa out bursting at Shinhye seeking for answers, when the girl in truth could never give him answers.

To his surprise however, Yonghwa did not react that way. Instead, he just dropped his head and asked Shinhye to leave him alone to rest. She did try to convince him to let her stay with him, but Yonghwa was really persistent about her leaving him alone.

For knowing him after for so long, Minhyuk can tell there was a slight hint of fury by the way he speaks.

Eventually, Shinhye decided to give in and left him alone. On her way out, she had met face to face with Minhyuk who had stood by the infirmary door the whole time with questioning eyes.

“Why didn’t you go in?”

Minhyuk forced a smile and answered “I was about to”

The girl just nodded her head slowly upon hearing his answer, then spoke “But he’s not in the mood of seeing anyone right now”

The boy then gave her a sad smile as he answered rather sullenly “I know”

Shinhye looked deep into Minhyuks eyes and a felt a little flicker within her chest. Like telepathy, she immediately understood that Minhyuk knows better of what’s going on and decides to let him handle things.

“Take care of him, Minhyuk ah” She entrusted.

“Neh” He answered quietly just before entering.

When Minhyuk entered, Yonghwa was sitting upright on his bed and stared absentmindedly at the window, looking afar. Minhyuk sighed a little before making his way next to his bed and sat down on the arm chair where Shinhye had previously sat and started.

“How are you feeling hyung?” he asked him as he smiled.

“Did you know?” Yonghwa replied, ignoring Minhyuks question.

The boy dropped his smile and answered “We’ll discuss this later at home, neh?” The boy answered rather forcibly.  Truthfully, he didn’t know how to answer him. Sure, he knew his past that he had just uncovered, and judging by his indifferent behavior towards him, Minhyuk’s guessing he hasn’t figured out about his childhood past just yet. Thus, Minhyuk knows about a past that he hasn’t even uncovered yet.

However, he is not wise enough to not give him answers that will only hurt him, and neither is he confident that he’ll not get too emotional during the process. Therefore, Minhyuks decision for now is to remain silent.

“Mbo?” Yonghwa asked him back “So, you’re telling me that my so-called ‘master’ knows about this too?”

Yonghwa hyung….”Please do not think badly of him. He has his own reasons hyung” Minhyuk defended his master

“He better do” Yonghwa snapped coldly. “Minhyuk I’m tired. I’m going to sleep the rest of the day off. Wake me up when school’s over”

Minhyuk just smiled emptily as he agreed with him “Deh hyung” he answered and dragged himself out of the infirmary, heading back to class.

“Mo… with that kind of color how can you say you’re fine? I’ll call up for a-“

“I said there’s no need-” Yonghwa gradually raised his voice at Shinhye. He then stopped and observed his now shocked and scared lady and continued with a more hushed voice “-milady…” He trailed off as he averted his gaze away from her.

“Hyung has some matters to be discussed with master, so I guess he’s pretty nervous milady” Minhyuk tried to reason with Shinhye, hoping to calm her down.

“I-is that so?” The girl finally spoke “I-I guess I should be heading off to my room and prepare for my lessons now” She trailed off then abruptly left the living room, leaving a rather awkward atmosphere between Yonghwa and Minhyuk.

“You shouldn’t have spoken to her in such a manner” Minhyuk spoke rather harshly.

“I know” Yonghwa hissed as he avoided Minhyuks gaze “It’s just-I’m getting impatient”

“Hyung you know better how packed our masters schedule is, you’ll just have to-“

Just as Minhyuk was about to finish his sentence, a familiar figure swiftly had entered the room with a beaming smile.

“Omo? Are the two of you waiting for my arrival?” The master asked cheerfully, until he had realized the rather gloomy atmosphere lingering within the room, and finally questioned it “Is there any grieve situation that I should be noticed?”

Yonghwa then fixed his gaze at him and spoke in a cold, lonely tone. A tone that neither master nor Minhyuk has ever heard, coming out from Yonghwa.

“You, my master, have known my real identity all this time, am I wrong?”


"Shinhye? Shinhye!" Teacher yoon called out to her several times. 

"D-deh?" She finally snapped out of her daydream state "Whi-which problem are we on now?" She said rather staggered and in a rather awkward way held her pen to try and find the problem she was supposedly to be working on.

"What problem?" Teacher yoon howled "I was in the middle of explaining a formula!" He then scolded her while raising both of his eyebrows in disbelief. "It's not like you to not pay attention."

"Mianhae sasaengnim, i'm just a  little out of it today" she apologised earnestly and bowed her head lightly.

He then sighed heavily before fixing his gaze at her "Considering you not being able to spell 'welfare' and added 14 and 6 wrongly, in addition with you not paying attention, i guess you have a lot in your mind right now, don't you?"

The girl nodded her head in approval as began forming a frown "Neh sasaengnim, am i really nosy?"

The man then widened his eyes upon hearing her question. "Why the sudden question?"

"Well, i might've annoyed Yonghwa a little too much earlier, and..."

"And?"

"He seemed pretty mad"

The man then laughed out loud as he had heard her concenrn. Earning a hateful glare from Shinhye.

When the man had finally stopped laughing he wiped the tears formed on the corner of his eyes and finally said "Normally, i would hear you complaining about Yonghwa and cursed him whenever his name is mentioned in a sentence" He then paused to get some air and continued "And now I'm actually hearing you feeling sorry for pissing him off?"

"Is it really that amusing?"  She answered him in a rather angry manner.

"Very. Anyhow, stop thinking about him for once and get back to work"

"Sasaengnim!" She yelled out with her face flushed red.

Teacher Yoon who had notice her red tomato face couldn't help but laugh again "Kids these days" he said in between his chuckles "They can never be honest"

Shinhye puffed her cheeks as she whipped her head back facing her textbook, trying her best not to smack her rather playful sasaengnim on the head for being so annoyingly childish. "Right. Enough. This conversation is over. Let's get back to work" 

After one last chuckle, teacher yoon had finally gone back to his 'sasaengnim mode' and dropped the conversation, and continued with his work.


A/N: Anyeong~ i updated again! kekeke.

It's a very weird place to cut off a chapter, i know. But i really don't know how to end it any better than this (TT) Please forgive this pabo authornim...

Anywho, I know some of you are really concerned about Yonghwa's emotion stability after knowing his past. So i'll just let you know, more angst is coming... (but it'll be reasonable, i'm not going for really overdramatic emotions here) So please don't hate him neh? Authornim has foretold!

P.s some of you might've guessed, Shinhye's 'sasaengnim' is actually your very own... Yoon Shiyoon! lol didn't put him in the foreword cause i just added him recently, so i might add him later. Please give him as much love like the other characters!

Alright, that's it from me for now my lovelies, and i'll see you later next time! anyeong~ ^^

P.P.S You all already know the boy in Yonghwa's dream! Just need to put some thought to it, and i'm sure my readers who have read from the beginning will know who he is :)