The Final Phase -Part 1-

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Right everyone~” Hyun woo cried out loud to catch everyone’s attention.”To the last 2 men standing, I congratulate your efforts for making it this long!” he then raised his hand to clap when he abruptly stopped and grinned “And wish you good luck for the next challenge”

The two boys tensed up upon hyun woos sudden change in expression and stayed still to listen his next instruction.

The boy then reached out for his pocket and pulled out a square-like object which he had held up high in the air. “Now in my hand here gentlemen, is an object that every woman dreams of her beloved man giving it to her in person”

Yonghwa and Jung shin knew immediately what ‘object’ Hyun woo was referring to, and couldn’t be more impatient about knowing the task related to the object.

Just as they had thought so, Hyun woo opened the box, revealing a round shiny object within the box. It is pearly silver, decorated with beautifully carved metal around it.

“Now” Hyun woo begun “As you can see, there’s only one ring here.” Hyun woo gestured with his eye and then smiled “I guess what’s missing here is what you both need to find” he said as he smiled.

I knew it Jung shin and Yonghwa both though simultaneously.

“The other pair is hidden somewhere within this room. And the ring will belong to the first man to take up the ring and find the lady to propose to her” Hyun woo emphasized

“So in short” Jung shin begun “You want us to propose to the lady directly?”

Hyun woo was about to answer the man until Master myungsoo stood up and answered “Yes.”

“What if she declines?” Jung shin asked again

“Well… I think both you and I know the answer to that” Master myungsoo answered with a playful smirk.

Not good Yonghwa thought silently in his head. As far as he’s concerned, he’s the only one with romantic feelings. He doesn’t know about Shinhye. She might be in love with someone else… he then sighed in relief The only person that has ever made her fall in love with is not here thank god.

“Now then” Hyun woo talked again as he raised his arms “Without any further ado… GO!”

“Eonni!!” Sulli shrieked as she called out to her “Eonni!!”

“Mbo ya sulli ah?” The girl hissed at her “Why can’t I even walk to the bathroom and do my own business?”


“Eonni… you’re not supposed to move around when the selection goes on! I told you already, you’re also an important part of the challenge!”

“Didn’t I already do my part? I already selected which dishes I like! I thought the rest of the challenge had nothing to do with me?”

Sulli then started to look at her uncomfortably as she fiddled with her fingers “Well… there’s that but…”

“But?” She asked as she raised one of her eyebrows

“An-anyways eonni, you have to return to the room! Hurry before they find you!” Sulli begun to tug on her arm as she looked around the hallway in worry.

“’They’? “ Shinhye repeated “As in the candidates? Why would they have to find me?”

Sulli then ruffled her hair in distress “Stop making it so hard for me eonni!!!”


Jung shin searched frantically around the room, while Yonghwa stood and thought carefully of the most likely places where the ring could be hidden. Where on earth could they put the ring?

I have to find that damn ring Jung shin begun thinking as he constantly flip over objects in pursuit of the said ring.

Hyung what are you doing by standing there? That jung shin guy’s going to get it sooner! Hyun woo thought wearily in his head.

The room got a lot tenser as the two boys begun to seem desperate. The ring was nowhere to be found and everything seemed to be hopeless. They’ve looked under tables, behind curtains and under vases, but there seem to be no sign of the ring anywhere.

“You two may ask for hints” Sebastian suddenly announced when he notices how lost the contestants were.

The two lifted up their heads with a little more color in their faces and trotted their way to Sebastian. “We may?” Yonghwa asked with a beaming smile.

“Yes” Sebastian answered simply but then held up his index finger “But only one hint from the both of you”

The two nodded in understanding as they waited for the supposed hint.

“Then let me begin…” Sebastian coughed as he readied himself for the hint that he had prepared “Even earth is just like any normal rock floating in the galaxy among other millions of asteroids within the universe”

Huh?


“Omo? Shinhye ah… what’re you doing? Fighting with your chingu here?”

Shinhye turned around to find a man that for some reason she hadn’t seen in a long time.

“Yoon sasaeng nim!” The girl cheered as she ran to him “Where have you been all this time?”

“Me?” The man pointed to himself as he smiled “I have been occupying myself with many things lately, mianhae, you studied well by yourself right?” He replied as he chuckled and ruffled her hair.

Sulli stared at them weirdly since she doesn’t know the guy. Shinhye then pulled away from him as she introduced him to her best friend. “Sulli, let me introduce you, my private tutor… Yoon sasaengnim!”

“Ah… nice to meet you” Sulli followed up with a bow

“And this is Sulli” Shinhye continued to intoduce “She’s my best friend”

Yoon shi yoons eyes then widened as he frowned “Best… friend?”

“Yeah! My very best-“

The man then held her shoulder tightly as he chuckled lightly “no, no, no, no…. Shinhye…” he begun saying in a low voice.

“Huh?” Shinhye stared blankly at him. While Sulli stood there terrified.

“She’s not your best friend” He begun to say in a much lower voice, if that is possible. “Our Jaejin is…”

Shinhye’s eyes widen upon the said name


Rock…? Yonghwa thought absent-mindedly and begun tracing the room again. But I’ve searched inside vases… and I didn’t find anything inside between the rocks….

But then his eyes stopped at the aquarium in the middle of the room and replayed Sebastians hint.

“Even earth is just like any normal rock floating in the galaxy among other millions of asteroids within the universe”

If… the galaxy can be interpreted as the water then….. Without any further ado, the boy rushed towards the aquarium and started rolling up his sleeve please let me be right

Jung shin stood there blankly for a moment but then came back to his senses to race Yonghwa. The two males dug around the aquarium in hope to find the object.

“I feel sorry for the fishes” Master myungsoo blurted out suddenly.

“Now now, let’s wait for those two” Sebastian calmed him down “I told you we shouldn’t have put it there”

“Oh well”

Moments later… Yonghwa finally smiled widely, which to jung shins demise. “Found it!” He beamed as he stepped down the stool that he was standing on earlier”

“Well?” Hyun woo said as he smirked “What are you waiting for? Go find your fiancé!”  

Yonghwa smiled as he rushed out of the room in search of his to-be fiancé.

“Jae…jin?” Shinhye repeated as her lips trembled.

“Yes… Jaejin” Yoon sassaengnim repeated as he whipered“Your beloved Jaejin oppa is and will always be your best friend”

Shinhye’s head began to ache terribly as the said name swirled around her head causing her to feel nauseous. The girl then fell on her knees as Sulli rushed to her side.

“Eonni!!” and looked up to the man that she just met in horror “What did you do to her?!”

“Making sure that she’s remembering the most important person in her life” He remarked and then smirked as he eyed Shinhye “And I guess my job here is done”

The man then retorted as he disappeared behin the doors, leaving the two in such a state. Sulli immediately checked up on her as she asked “Eonni? Gwaenchana?”

The girl begun trembling hard and didn’t have the energy to answer her back as she closed both of her ears and started tearing up. “Jae…jin… op..pa…” She begun mumbling as sweet memories that she had shared with Jaejin begun flashing in her head “Op…pa..”

Sulli’s eyes widened upon the sight. Not knowing what to do. “E-eonni??” She asked again as she held her shoulder firmly but to her surprise didn’t do her any good.

“Ah.. ani…” Shinhye mumbled again and shook her head terribly “An-ani… andwe… AHHHHHH!!!!!” She screamed

“Eonni!!!” Sulli begun tearing up as well “Eonni!!!”


“Did you finish what I asked?” Junghsin whispered to his butler when he had returned to his side

“You may consider it done” He replied with a smile.

“Good” Jung shin replied as he begun walking back “Let's get out of here”


A/N: Omo..... that was Jung shins goal from the start!! Now what will happen to our Shinhye? Stay tuned for more!

First of all i would like to apologize to my readers for not updating regurarly and frequently T.T authornim is sorry.... really, it was a busy busy month! Since i'm preparing myself for uni! Thank god i got admitted to one of the best universities here! T.T 

SO back to the story.... How will things turn out? How would you all like it to turn out? hehe let me known through to comment box~

And last but not least, to those who celebrate Ramadhan, i wish you all Happy Ramadhan! (Though a bit late) may we all be blessed in such a beautiful month! Amiin

So, see you all next time, lovelies!