Within The Silence

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

Minhyuk ran and ran all the way down the street still wearing his light cardigan and home clothes. He didn’t care how people would judge his appearance; he just had to rush over immediately after witnessing such a scene. He was overwhelming with happiness.

After a few turns in the next few blocks, Minhyuk took a ride with the late evening bus and hopped in immediately. The bus then drove quietly away in the cold night as Minhyuk sits impatiently, excited to get to his destination soon.

After 8 long stops, Minhyuk finally hops down the vehicle and walked on. It is now 7.30 pm, and he is now standing in front of a cemetery.

“Omo!” The boy cried “I should’ve bought some flowers for respect. How forgetful of me” the boy bickered as he slapped his forehead.

“Looking for some white lilies?” A shrieking hoarse voice crept on suddenly.

“Waaaa!!” The boy screamed in shock as he immediately put on his guard stance, and immediately faced the direction of the source of the voice, only to find an old haraboje with a slight humpback standing next to him.

The old man then shook his head as he clicked his tongue and began, “Aish… kids these days. They never respect elders”.

The boy then immediately let his guard down and changed his terrified expression into a regretful and apologetic one. “Mianhae haraboje, I didn’t expect you to be still wondering around at this time of evening” He reasoned himself.

“Again with the excuses, you’re no different from my grandson who keeps on refusing to come and watch over this cemetery with me”

“A-ani yo…. I’m telling the truth i-“

“Kure, kure arrasoh.” The old man hissed at him “Enough with your jabbering and just get to it.” The old man then shooed him as he waved his hand “The poor boy is getting lonely lately because of your rare visits”

“Chincha?!” The naïve boy cried.

“Kure~” The old man said as he arched both of his eyebrows “You trust my superstitious powers right?”

“Of course haraboje! You’ve been working here your whole life right? I dare even say that even the shamans couldn’t beat your superstitious powers!”

The old man then laughed at the boy and patted his shoulder “Right, enough already and just go to him. My sixth sense is telling me that he’s getting impatient”

The boy then nodded as he smiled before making a dash “Keep the gates unlocked for me”

“Yah!!” The old man called out lastly and made Minhyuks stopped in his tracks and turned to him. The old man then tossed a few strands of white lilies to him and smiled “Don’t forget the flowers. And hurry up and get on with it, I won’t wait for you for long”

The boy smiled lastly before making a final dash. He walked passed huge tombstones of great people in the past. Past kings, presidents, royalties, ect. Then he slowed down as he made a turn to a rather isolated part of the cemetery, in a slightly higher ground. There, stood three tombstones that belonged to the Lees’ eldest sons’ family.

The boy then walked up to them slowly as he made his respective bow and placed the flowers on their tombstone.

“Anyonghaseyo hyung~” He begun cheerfully. “Did you miss me?” he asked playfully as he smiled “Mianhae, so much has happened in these past few weeks that I couldn’t manage my time to spare to visit you, forgive me neh?”

The dim lights within the cemetery had begun to light up as Minhyuks said this.

“Today hyung, I visit you at a rather unusual time, because something unexpected had happened during these past few days and I could no longer hold the urge to let you know!” He begun excitedly. “A few days ago, Yonghwa hyung had recovered a part of his lost memories! Isn’t that great hyung?” he said as he giggled to himself “Also, our lady Shinhye had helped him overcome his despair due to the aftermath of regaining his memories! Omo… aren’t they just the sweetest” Minhyuk said dreamily as he begun to trail off his actual conversation topic.

But as he was about to stray off any more, he then paused and looked deeply into the tombstone. “It won’t be long hyung. Not long until we all can come here together to visit you and hang out together like the old times!” He said cheerfully with glossy eyes. “Just wait a little more, neh hyung?”

The boy then begun to tear up more as he talked “I’m really selfish, aren’t I hyung? Though I know them remembering about you will hurt them, why am I hoping that they’ll get their memories back so soon?” The boy sobbed “Why is it that you have to be forgotten? Why do they have to forget someone so precious… wae hyung? Through these 12 years I can never understand… why master had to conceal everything…. From Yonghwa hyung… even lady Shinhye….”


Back at Jong hyuns place

“Master, may I excuse myself?”

“De you are excused.”

The butler nodded understandingly before he continued “And also, may I ask for your generous permission to let me go out?”

The boy then turned at the boy as he spoke in interest “Where do you intend to go at this time of night?”

The butler averted his gaze from him as he answers “There are some matters that I have to tend to” The boy replied coldly, making Jonghyun even more curious.

“Why are you being secretive? Are you unwilling to tell me where your business is?” he said as he begun to corner him.

“Let the guy have some freedom cous” Jung shins sharp yet teasing voice cut within the room. “Though he is your butler, you should really not question his private life.” He said as he strode into Jonghyuns study room “Who knows? He might have a woman already-“

“Shut. Your. Mouth” Jonghyun growled under his breath as he gave Jung shin an intense stare. “Don’t into anyone’s business. Just mind your own”

Jung shin laughed uncontrollably at his cousins taunts’ before clearing his throat and went on “Yah, are you by any chance… gay?”

Jong hyuns face then lit up red as he screamed “YAH!!! What kind of sick minded person would-“

Just then a little laugh was heard just outside the door. Jong hyun who was furious immediately slammed the door open, to find a rather young maid facing her back towards him as she cleaned the furniture along the hallway.

“You” Jonghyun began as he pin pointed “Turn around”

The maid who happened to be the only maid around then took the order was for her and turned around rather awkwardly, as her face is still evident that she is trying her best to hold in her laughter.

“N-neh” She answered as she coughed a bit. “What is it, master?”

“You. Did you dare eavesdrop on our conversation?”

The maid then looked nervous for one second but then straightened herself as she answered “I didn’t mean to. But your voice, if I beg your pardon, was very loud, that I who was cleaning here could hear your conversation clearly” she answered rather professionally.

“Mbo?” he replied “So, you’re saying that it’s my fault? Is that what you’re trying to say-“

“Now now now, Jonghyun ah~” Jung shin cut in between them “Let’s not be rough on this pretty lady, hm?”

Jonghyun whipped his face to Jung shins direction and hissed “And you, like before, mind your own freakin’ business!!”

The maid then let out a “Pfft!” as she closed , which had made the two bickering men turn to her in confusion. “Ah!! I’m so sorry!! I’m really terribly sorry!! I really have no means to disrespect you! I- I will get out of your sight this very instant so please forgive me this once!!”

Gong chan who had been silent this whole time then stepped up and said “Forgive me master, this maid is newly recruited, so she still doesn’t know the ways of this household.” He said as he bowed apologetically “Should I punish her?”

The statement had left the girl in fear, and Jong hyun who had noticed this decided to leave it alone. “No, never mind it. Don’t waste your precious time on something to insignificant”

The butler then bowed lastly as he spoke “Then master, am I allowed to leave, it had gotten quite late and I wish to return home before midnight”

Jonghyun then sighed as he finally agreed. “Fine go wherever the heck you want. But make sure you return before midnight, arrasoh?”

“Neh” The butler answered him and made an immediate move towards the door.

“I wonder what’s gotten into him” Jong hyun mumbled to himself.

“Well, we’ll find out when he decides to open up to us won’t we?” Jung shin commented as he yawned “I’m going to sleep. Care to join me?”

“Go and sleep alone. Leave me out of it” Jonghyun replied coldly

“Aish” The boy replied “Arrasoh I’ll go” and with that he left. But there was still one person standing next to Jonghyun and for some strange reason he couldn’t come up with a way to dismiss her, because it is usually the servants who ask for a dismissal first.

“What are you doing here?” he begun rudely “Shouldn’t you be saying ‘Please excuse me’ or ask ‘ am I dismissed?’ or something alike?”

“Ah” She said instinctively “Of course, I was too immersed into your conversations that I completely forgot my position here” She said with a laugh.

“Mbo ya? Are you an airhead?” Jonghyun said as he laughed.

“Omo!” The girl exclaimed “ You laughed” She said as she unintentionally pointed at him “That’s the first time in 6 months that I’ve seen you laugh with that kind of smile” She exclaimed happily.

“Mbo? Aish what is this woman saying” Jonghyun said as he pointed away “Go! You’re dismissed!!”

The girl the laughed as she saluted him “Roger that, master!”


Meanwhile

Gongchan had stepped down from the community bus after 11 long stops and finally arrived at his destination. The boy had brought white lilies with him as he wore his long black coat due to the chilly night.

He then walked into the big black pointy gate and walked through it, ignoring the snoring guard who was sleeping inside his post.

The boy then walked past the royal section of the cemetery and then made a turn to the rather isolated section of the cemetery, but before he could come out of the shadows, sounds of crying and sobbing had halted him.

He then decided to stay hidden as he quietly observed the male who was a step ahead of him in visiting the tomb of the family he intended to pay his respects to. And boy was he glad that he didn't bump with the person who he had almost made an encounter to.


A/N : Anyeong my fellow readers! how have you all been?? Doing fine i hope :) 

So there i updated, hope you all had enjoyed reading this! Any wild guesses who the maid is? and whose grave is Gong-chan visiting? i think we all now know who! kekekeke *an overly excited authornim who has updated in awhile*

And i would like to sincerely apologize for such late updates, i had my national exam this week (I'm sure my fellow indonesian friends know what i'm talking about ^^' urgh the stresssss) so i had to focus on my studies before. now that i'm more free (just by a teeeeeeny bit) Updates will be more frequent! (hopefully) and i hope you all will stay tuned for more updates!

P.S NEW STORY ALERT I'm thinking of writing a minhyuk story.... (Cause  just love this boy so much) and i will probably post the foreword of this story as soon as i finish this story and my other story https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/350781/wishing-upon-a-star-comedy-jungyonghwa-parkshinhye-romance-heartstrings-yongshin-dooleycouple "Wishing Upon A Star". Yes it will take a while. i know. but i'm letting you all know advanced and give me some advices and comments on this. mostly appreciated!

Now.... sorry for the incredibly long A/N peepsss and see you all lovelies next time!! ^^