Thank You

Le Mademoiselle and her Butler

“Master, it seems that Shinhye recovered just fine from her sudden… ‘anemia’”

“Oh is that so?” a grunt then quickly followed closely “Was Jaejins’ existence that insignificant?” the boy growled even louder as he crumpled up the paper that was in his grasp “Yoon, get me my phone.”

“Of course” He did so obediently “But may I ask what it is for?”

“It seems like my cousin didn’t do that much of a good job. That’s probably why Shinhye didn’t quite grasp my brothers’ importance in her life. So I’ll have to punish him for it, no?”

“I see” Yoon answered indifferently “Then as you command”

“Yes, of course Yoon” Jung shin answered him back with a sinister smile as he punched the numbers “I shall make that bastard of a cousin cry from his wrong-doings”


“Um master, I just cleaned those table wares,” Their new maid reminded him without any feeling of discomfort.

“Its my house. I can do whatever I want,” Jonghyun replied in protest “Who are you to tell me what to do?”

“But master I only reminded you… not order you”

“Same thing!” Jonghyun screamed in protest “And how DARE you talk back to me!” Jonghyun yelled as he pointed a finger to himself then to the maid direction “I’m your master! How dare you?” Jonghyun then pointed at her in anger while he screamed “Gong chan!! Where are you Gong chan?!”

“Yes master?” the boy quickly appeared after hearing such blusterous screaming voices coming from the dining room.

“Get this B**** out of my sight! Just seeing her makes me feel like puking!”

“But master…”

“NOW!!”

“It’s alright Gong chan… I’ll go out now” The young maid assured him with a pat and a gentle smile as she made her way out of the dining room, and went to the kitchen.

“Master...” Gong chan whispered in a soft tune “What seems to be the problem?”

“That woman! She talked back to me and-“

“And that caused you to scream on the top of your lungs?” Gong chan asked with raised eyebrows

“Well she’s my servant! She’s supposed to obey me and-“ but then stopped as he looked at Gong chans indifferent yet pained expression. “No, I meant… argh Gong chan listen, you’re not my servant. You’re already like a brother to me”

Upon his statement Gong chan was quite shaken and stood there silently.

“ Even though to mom and dad you are definitely a servant… you were always a brother to me. I swear”

Gong chan didn’t know whether to be happy or sad. “No… I’m supposed to make him hate me” the boy thought wearily in his mind “After all i… killed his cousin…”

Sound of the phone ringing

“Hello?” Jonghyun picked up the phone “This is Jonghyun speaking”

After a few minutes of silence, Gong chan noticed Jonghyuns change of expression for the bitter, and immediately knew who was on the other side of the line.

Jonghyun slowly put the phone down as he turned his head to Gong chan, who stared back at him with questioning eyes. “Master?”

“Gong chan… is it true? That you actually… killed…”

what?

“The deceased mrs. Park… and… Jaejin?”

Gong chan can feel blood literally draining out of his body upon Jonghyuns question as he is unable to answer him back.

“Gong chan… It’s not true right? Jung shin hyung… is just trying to play tricks on me, right???”

As his anxiousness grew along with his constant shivering, Gong chan could only look down and shake his head in shame.

“Gong chan!!!” Jonghyun grew impatient as his cold sweat excreted more “It’s a lie, right?!” He then moved forward to grab onto his shoulder and try to look at him in the eyes. “It’s not true right? It’s just Jung shin making up another lie to make you look bad right?? Right Gong chan?”

Gong chan didn’t respond and kept his head hanging low, which implicitly answered Jonghyun.

“No… this is a nightmare right? You, you wouldn’t…”

“Master…” Gong chan whispered as he handed out an envelope “I am resigning from my butler position”

“What?”

“Even if master Jung shin didn’t tell you just now, I was planning on telling you personally…” he said with regretful eyes “I am in no position to be by your side to serve you. Not anymore. I do not have the qualifications to” He answered with his head lowered. “Juniel will take my initial position as head butler and continue to serve you, maybe even better than I did.”

Jonghyuns’ eyes even widen at his statement “What? That b**** is taking your place? Who agreed to this?”

“Madam did… I have let her know initially” Gong chan answered his master indifferently. “Now, I shall say my last message as head butler” He said with a sigh, then inhaled deeply as he stood up straight “Master, serving by your side by far, has been the most enjoyable time in my life, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

Jonghyun couldn’t even respond to his butler and stayed still.

“You… have been my only reason for being strong for as long as I can remember. For that, I want to thank you” Gong chan then after such a long time, finally smiled widely “You were the reason for my happiness for the past 10 years of my life, for that I am grateful” and then walked closer to him, as he suddenly engulfed him into a tight hug, “and, Goodbye Jongie”

Jongie. The nickname echoed in Jonghyuns head. When was the last time he had called him that? Middle school? Primary school? He was not sure, but surely, not in a very long time.

Before he knew it, Jonghyuns eyes were already filled with tears as he can slowly feel Gong chans presence leaving the room.


“Why isn’t he moving?” Juniel had thought from the small opening of the door that she had been peeking through the whole time.

During the time she had been thingking deeply, Gong chan had already opened the door

“What are you doing here? Mrs head butler?” Gong chan asked sarcastically

“I… never heard that the position would be trusted to me-“

“You’re perfect for the job” Gong chan had cut her abruptly and smiled sweetly at her.

“Huh?” She answered, as she was shocked to Gong chans sudden change of demeanor

“All you need to do is take care of him like you usually do, and address him a tad bit more formally. Think you’re up for it?” Gong chan asked playfully, after in such a long time.

“Gong chan ssi… have you always been this… playful?” Juniel asked as she begun to feel crept out by Gong chans sudden change in attitude and manner of speech.

“Well… I wonder,” He said as he patted her head “I’ll be leaving now. I’ll entrust masters happiness to you now. Good luck!” he said finally as he grabbed his coat and suitcase that he had prepared near the table by the door.

When Gong chan had finally went out and left the house, Juniel shifted her attention to the now still Jonghyun. With a heavy sigh, she walked over and stood just a foot away from him. “Master, is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

“Just… leave me alone” Jonghyun dismissed her.

Unsatisfied with his answer, Juniel went out of the room and closed the door behind her.  As soon as Jonghyun heard the door clicked, he immediately fell on his knees as streams of tears rushed out of his eyes.

“What the hell just happened here?”


brief flashback

“Hey hey hey Gong chan~”

“Yes master?”

“Mo… what master? Just call me ‘Jongie’ like you usually do!”

“I’m afraid I can no longer do that sir-“

“And cut out the good manner of speech and talk like you usually do! It’s so weird and awkward to hear you talk that way!!”

“Jonghyun!” Jonghyuns mother scolded him “You should let a servant treat you the way he’s supposed to treat you, and stop making him equal to us!” She said curtly “goodness what wrong did I do to raise you?”

When his mother wasn’t looking Jonghyun blew a raspberry as he turned again to Gong chan as he smiled playfully “Well, whatever, as long as I still have you beside me I guess it’s alright. But are you okay? Do you mind addressing me as your master?” Jonghyun looked at him worriedly.

Gong chan smiled sincerely as he answered “As long as I have you beside me, nothing really matters to me, Jongie”

end of flashback

“Why…. Why? If being beside me really is all you need… WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME NOW?? WAE??”

A sudden knock was then heard as soon as he screamed “WHO IS IT? I REALLY AM NOT IN THE MOOD-“

“Master… I’ve brought some barbeque and herb tea for you” Juniel suddenly appeared from the door.

“Mwo?”

“ ’Just take care of him like you usually do’ was what Gong chan told me just now before he left so… I guess during times like this, eating your favorite meal is the best way to make you feel better, no?”

“Why do you-“

“Because I am your butler” Juniel replied indifferently as she smiled sincerely “Seing you happy is my first priority, master”

“Really…” Jonghyun whispered as he wipes his tears “Bring me the plate”

With a brighter smile Juniel handed a plate over as she answered, “Please, help yourself”


“Ya, is this really ok? Leaving and everything”

“I have no choice. Its best for everybody”

Sandeul sighed as he leaned to his steering wheel as he looked at him pitifully “Really, I feel like I’m taking away a child from his home you know?”

“Can we just drive already?”

“Wow, what happened to your manners Gong chan ssi? It feels like I’m talking to a completely different person now.”

But Gong chan didn’t answer him. Instead, he turned his head to face the window and leaned his head. As Sandeul watched him, he heaved a sigh as he tried to reach for the tissue in the back seat. “When you’re done sobbing make sure that my car stays dry”

“Shut up, you old man” Gong chan replied curtly as he took a few pieces of tissue.

“Old man? FYI I mam still in my 20s!”

“Can we just go home already?!”


"Hey Yonghwa..." Shinhye suddenly whispered softly when the two were studying together in the living room "i've been curious... about the party a few nights before.. it was a really strange party... why did Appa and Sebastian told me to stay in my room and not go anywhere? i mean.. i AM the host, so shouldn't i be welcoming the guests?"

"haha..." Yonghwa answered awkwardly "Well i wonder"

"It feels as if something is kept hidden from me... like, there must be something that they don't want me to find out, right?"

"Well... i wonder"

Shinhye stared at Yonghwa weirdly until she snapped her fingers "You know something about it, don't you?"

"H-huh? Who? Me?"

"Yes, you. All you've been answering is 'haha well i wonder' or something around those lines" She pointed out as she leaned in closer "Come on Yonghwa, don't be stingy and tell me~"

"W-what are you talking about? Th-there's no such thing..."

"See!! you're stuttering! There is something!!"

"Milady!! You should worry about the upcoming test tomorrow! not something as petty as this!"

"Petty? Why that's-"

"OK That's enough" Minhyuk suddenly came in between the two "Its aleady 11:00 PM. Our Lady should get her beauty sleep" He smiled as he carried her princess style "Yonghwa hyeong, mind clearing up the table for me?" Then walked up sraight to Shinhye's room with the displeasing sounds of Shinhye's bickering echoing in the house.

"That was a close call... thanks Minhyuk" the boy sighed as he looked at the box again in his pocket "Jinjja... how do people propose without dying from nervousness?"


A/N: Anyeong everyone~ here i updated again with a much longer chapter! kekeke ^^ i hope everyone is pleased with it :) don't forget to drop by some nice comments in the comment box, or maybe criticism too! i hope this update entertains you all during the holidays~

So i'll go right back writing the next chap... look forward to it :D and see y'all next time !